Things the winds of winter would reveal

Putin

51 minutes ago, Praetor Xyn said:

D&D hace basically shown they are incapable of reading between the lines. They killed Doran Martell almost immediately. I think he's responsible for a lot of the things that have happened in our story, most of them bad things affecting the Lannisters, like James hand getting cut off and the Second Sons bankrupting Tyrion, Oberyn likely poisoning Tywin with Widow's Blood, many others. Then they ruined so many characters like Jaime and Stannis first and foremost.

Don't forget Ellaria. That was the most complete character assassination so far.

I feel that Aegon's true identity will never be revealed. I think that grrm will leave this question,  and some other questions (like the hooded man) , opened and let the readers decide what they believe. 

The things that I do things will be revealed:

Pink letter writer

Euron's and Littlefinger's master plans

Faceless men agendas

Doran Martell - stupid or genius

Whether the brotherhood are just murderers or has a plan

8 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Don't forget Ellaria. That was the most complete character assassination so far.

Edmure was pretty darn brazen, too. I am not so sure it's that they can't read between the lines, however; more that they choose not to.

To be on topic, my wishlist for WoW:

Jaime, Brienne, and LS

Arya leaving Braavos.

Jon coming back.

Sandor leaving the Quiet Isle.

The aftermath of Varys' latest escapades in KL.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:24 AM, kissdbyfire said:

- Jon's return (I think he's wounded and not dead)

- Stannis v Boltons and Freys, with Manderly men siding with Stannis

- Arya leaving Braavos, wearing a different face

- Jaime, Brienne, and LSH

- Sansa bringing LF down

- The Hound returning

- Tyrion dying - but this is just wishful thinking and I know it won't happen! 

- Rickon, Shaggy, Osha, and Davos landing on EbtS with an army of Skagosi

What's wrong with Tyrion?? :(

3 hours ago, Praetor Xyn said:

D&D hace basically shown they are incapable of reading between the lines. They killed Doran Martell almost immediately. I think he's responsible for a lot of the things that have happened in our story, most of them bad things affecting the Lannisters, like James hand getting cut off and the Second Sons bankrupting Tyrion, Oberyn likely poisoning Tywin with Widow's Blood, many others. Then they ruined so many characters like Jaime and Stannis first and foremost.

D&D have made me face-palm way too many times to count. It sounds like they're just over it at this point and killing off characters to focus on Jon, Dany & the WW. These books are way too intricate and thorough for them, clearly.

1 minute ago, fire&blood said:

D&D have made me face-palm way too many times to count. It sounds like they're just over it at this point and killing off characters to focus on Jon, Dany & the WW. These books are way too intricate and thorough for them, clearly.

They wrote themselves into a corner in many ways early on too. They obviously had to cut things, it's just that a lot of the things they cut ended up being important later so they had to shoehorn in some half-assed version later. I don't know how to explain this because ADWD came out in 2011 IIRC, same year as season 1, so it's not like they didn't have the later material when they decided what to cut. Maybe they just didn't read ACoK until season 1 was done?

Just now, Praetor Xyn said:

They wrote themselves into a corner in many ways early on too. They obviously had to cut things, it's just that a lot of the things they cut ended up being important later so they had to shoehorn in some half-assed version later. I don't know how to explain this because ADWD came out in 2011 IIRC, same year as season 1, so it's not like they didn't have the later material when they decided what to cut. Maybe they just didn't read ACoK until season 1 was done?

Yes they did, I agree. They had all 5 books when the show came out and access to the genius himself, so how they couldn't keep some of the necessary storylines is beyond me.  When they introduced Dorne, I was about to quit watching the show.  And turning Stannis into a stubborn man who just wants the Iron Throne?? so obnoxious. Just a waste...they could have done a lot with the source material and kept the money machine going for HBO much longer than just the 13 or so episodes they plan on to finish the series.

To answer the OP:

1) Dying to see what Arya does. She's my favorite, I don't care.

2) Definitely Jon's situation. All of the talks about "resurrections" and the power of R'hllor can't be relegated to LSH. That's boring.

3) I hope we finally see the Great Northern Conspiracy play out. I really want House Manderly to fuck up the Freys and Boltons more than anything. The battle for Winterfell as well...what's Stannis the Mannis doing? he's a badass battle commander so do we finally see it in real time? It definitely won't be like the show, but I must admit watching Ramsay get beat to shit by Jon and then eaten alive by his own hounds...gave me some gratification. THE NORTH REMEMBERS!!

4) Theon/Hooded Man/Barbrey Dustin - what's her deal? And is Theon losing it?

5) Sansa's character development. She's definitely learning a lot from that sleazebag LF.  I hope she learns everything from him and the student becomes the teacher.

6) Dany sailing West! Jesus! How long have we waited already.

7) Jamie/Brienne/BWOB/LSH - how is Brienne going to get out of this situation? Is the brotherhood going to ditch LSH after all? sure they're sick of her shit and being mercenaries. They really aren't serving the (dead) King anymore.

Archived