Things the winds of winter would reveal

Putin

What are the most interesting story part you want to know and that will probably be explained in TWOW. .For me its those 4 things :

1) Is Aegon fake or not.

This is easily the most important part for me. I can´t wait to find out the truth about Aegon .

2) Areo Hotah ,Obara Sand and Balon Swann search for Darkstar. 

I think this could be good part of the story. Areo Hotah is confirmed to continue as POV and he is on his way to catch Darkstar who I found very cool and mysterious character.

3) Samwell Tarly in Oldtown.

I always thought of citadel as place where magic and teaching about it resides. I think those chapters could be interesting.

4 )Battle for Winterfell 

I really doubt battle would go same way as in TV series .

1 minute ago, Putin said:

What are the most interesting story part you want to know and that will probably be explained in TWOW. .For me its those 4 things :

1 ) Is Aegon fake or not.

This is easily the most important part for me. I can´t wait to find out the truth about Aegon .

I think this could be good part of the story. Areo Hotah is confirmed to continue as POV and he is on his way to catch Darkstar who I found very cool and mysterious character.

3)Samwell Tarly in Oldtown.

I always thought of citadel as place where magic and teaching about it resides. I think those chapters could be interesting.

4)Battle for Winterfell 

I don't think Aegom being fake or not matters much, and I don't think it would be revealed until the very end if at all.

I think Darkstar is innocent of maiming Myrcella, and am looking forward to the Dorne chapters in general.

Samos chapters could be interesting, but I doubt it until Euron sacks Oldtown.

If the battle ends even close to the way it did in the show I'll put the book down right then. D&D are morons and GRRM can do much better.

As for my most wanted things, in no particular order:

1. How Jon returns and what happened at Castle Black. Personally I hope they just missed vitals and he wasn't dead.
  2. I'm hoping Ser Robert Strong is de-helmeted in public, preferably with the Faith in attendance.
  3. Who the identities of Septa Lemoore and Haldon Half Maester are.
  4. Hopefully Stannis enacting the Night Lamp theory.
  5. Ramsay and Roose being cast down
  6. Frey civil war
  7. Secret Manderly / Umber fleet wreaking some havoc
  8. More Manderly / Umber conspiracy
  9. More badassery by Wyman Manderly and Doran Martell
  10. Jaime learning to fight left-handed

39 minutes ago, Putin said:

1) Is Aegon fake or not.

4 )Battle for Winterfell 

I have little interest in either Aegon or Darkstar.  I suspect we will never know the truth about Aegon.  Proving he is real would probably be impossible,so we will only know for sure if he is fake.  Dorne feels like a sideshow and I doubt that it will be an essential part of the story.

Sam at the Citadel will probably be interesting although it is not at the top of my list.

I am looking forward to the Batle of Winterfell.

My top five:

Jon's fate:  I don't think his wounds are fatal, but he will  likely be out of commission, probably comatose, for some time.  What happens in the meantime will be interesting

Jaime/Brienne/Lady Stoneheart.  Who lives? Who dies?  What happens.  I am really looking forward to finding out.

Battle for Winterfell.  Who wins and how?  I think it will be Stannis, and hope the Boltons go down, along with the Freys.

Arya and the Faceless Men:  I think she leaves, and I am anxious to find out exactly how and why and what she does next.

Sansa v. Littlefinger.  I think Sansa will get more politically attuned and realize Littlefinger's true nature.  At that point, things will get interesting.

Sam, Battle of Fire, Dany's journey westward, and the trials of Cersei and Margaery are also items I look forward to.

2 hours ago, Praetor Xyn said:

I don't think Aegom being fake or not matters much, and I don't think it would be revealed until the very end if at all.

I think Darkstar is innocent of maiming Myrcella, and am looking forward to the Dorne chapters in general.

Samos chapters could be interesting, but I doubt it until Euron sacks Oldtown.

If the battle ends even close to the way it did in the show I'll put the book down right then. D&D are morons and GRRM can do much better.

As for my most wanted things, in no particular order:

1. How Jon returns and what happened at Castle Black. Personally I hope they just missed vitals and he wasn't dead.
  2. I'm hoping Ser Robert Strong is de-helmeted in public, preferably with the Faith in attendance.
  3. Who the identities of Septa Lemore and Haldon Half Maester are.
  4. Hopefully Stannis enacting the Night Lamp theory.
  5. Ramsay and Roose being cast down
  6. Frey civil war
  7. Secret Manderly / Umber fleet wreaking some havoc
  8. More Manderly / Umber conspiracy
  9. More badassery by Wyman Manderly and Doran Martell
  10. Jaime learning to fight left-handed

I'm surprised at how much I agree with most of this. Do you think Darkstar actually saved Myrcella from the true assassin?

Jaime's already learning to fight left-handed. Time to see him in action in TWOW.

13 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I'm surprised at how much I agree with most of this. Do you think Darkstar actually saved Myrcella from the true assassin?

Jaime's already learning to fight left-handed. Time to see him in action in TWOW.

Why the surprise? Do you normally disagree with me or was that just general surprise? Just curious.

I don't think Darkstar saved Myrcella. It's debatable whether Myrcella or her hand-maiden Rosamund was maimed, as if they were switched before reaching Dorne I don't think anyone there could tell the difference. I think Doran Martell engineered the whole thing to allow him to influence Arianne, and likely one of her friends did it  (I actually have a name but can't recall it), and Darkstar just took off because he knew he'd be blamed.

Jaime is learning yes, but the way he disparage himself he is either learning far too slowly or being modest to a fault. The latter doesn't seem likely or Ser Ilyn wouldn't be stomping him so much.

1 hour ago, Praetor Xyn said:

Why the surprise? Do you normally disagree with me or was that just general surprise? Just curious.

I don't think Darkstar saved Myrcella. It's debatable whether Myrcella or her hand-maiden Rosamund was maimed, as if they were switched before reaching Dorne I don't think anyone there could tell the difference. I think Doran Martell engineered the whole thing to allow him to influence Arianne, and likely one of her friends did it  (I actually have a name but can't recall it), and Darkstar just took off because he knew he'd be blamed.

Jaime is learning yes, but the way he disparage himself he is either learning far too slowly or being modest to a fault. The latter doesn't seem likely or Ser Ilyn wouldn't be stomping him so much.

We know Darkstar maimed Myrcella, @Lady Blizzardborn asked about him trying to save her because of the ambiguity in GRRM's words.  He said Darkstar only grazed her because her horse shied at the last second and that anyone including Arthur Dayne or Barristan Selmy would have done the same, meaning it was not due to him being a poor swordsman.  He does not explicitly state that Darkstar was trying to kill her, and while I personally think people are making something out of nothing here, it is technically a possibility that the horse shied in the direction of Darkstar because someone else went at Myrcella.  Whether or not Darkstar was the one whose sword hurt her tho is beyond question, so if you don't think he was trying to save her, and you don't think he was trying to kill her, can I ask what you think happened?

38 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

We know Darkstar maimed Myrcella, @Lady Blizzardborn asked about him trying to save her because of the ambiguity in GRRM's words.  He said Darkstar only grazed her because her horse shied at the last second and that anyone including Arthur Dayne or Barristan Selmy would have done the same, meaning it was not due to him being a poor swordsman.  He does not explicitly state that Darkstar was trying to kill her, and while I personally think people are making something out of nothing here, it is technically a possibility that the horse shied in the direction of Darkstar because someone else went at Myrcella.  Whether or not Darkstar was the one whose sword hurt her tho is beyond question, so if you don't think he was trying to save her, and you don't think he was trying to kill her, can I ask what you think happened?

My mistake. It's been forever since I read the actual text and misremembered a theory I read on how it happened. I would have to find that again and reread it along with the text to answer you properly.

1 hour ago, Praetor Xyn said:

My mistake. It's been forever since I read the actual text and misremembered a theory I read on how it happened. I would have to find that again and reread it along with the text to answer you properly.

You ser, are a gentleman and a scholar for saying such a thing on this forum.

9 hours ago, Putin said:

1) Is Aegon fake or not.

4 )Battle for Winterfell 

I find your lack of Jaime/Brienne disturbing... Nah good list, although I'm not too invested in Dorkstar.

1.) Jaime/Brienne/LSH/BWB- I can't even...what the flip is going to happen!?

2.) Stannis vs Boltons- How much of PL is true? What really went down?

3.) Oldtown- What is the Faceless Man doing there? Leyton Hightower? Euron is a wild card as well.

4.) Mereen- Yeah team Dany is going to win, but who dies in between (large bet on Vic). 

• Who is going to land the greatest prize in the North, the princess Val?
  • What will be Edric Storm's fate?
  • Will Arya find her way back to Gendry?
  • Will Black Walder become Lord of the Twins before he dies?
  • What will happen when Dragonbinder is sounded over Mereen?
  • Is Ilyrio dead?
  • BY GAWD WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO PENNY?
  • Is Lothor Brune going to touch Mya Stone's stones or what?

- Jon's return (I think he's wounded and not dead)

- Stannis v Boltons and Freys, with Manderly men siding with Stannis

- Arya leaving Braavos, wearing a different face

- Jaime, Brienne, and LSH

- Sansa bringing LF down

- The Hound returning

- Tyrion dying - but this is just wishful thinking and I know it won't happen! 

- Rickon, Shaggy, Osha, and Davos landing on EbtS with an army of Skagosi

12 hours ago, Putin said:

I'm really hoping my Hoare -> Lothston crackpot is either vindicated or disproven in TWoW, and I think Sam's time in Oldtown might do that.

19 hours ago, Praetor Xyn said:

I disagree with you some of the time, but this was general surprise. It's rare that I have a lot in common with anyone on these list-type threads.

I'm good with Chekov's Cousin, but I'm also good with someone else trying to kill Myrcella and Darkstar saving her at the cost of an ear.

Eh, Jaime is comparing his work with his left hand to how awesome he was with his right. This is one subject where he will be a perfectionist. So he may have a more pessimistic view of his progress than anyone else would.

On 3/6/2017 at 4:29 PM, Putin said:

1) Is Aegon fake or not.

4 )Battle for Winterfell 

1) Red or Black a dragon is a dragon. Much like R+L=J this is an end game revelation. Remember Varys on power residing when men believe it resides.

2) Balon is killed by Doran's agent Darkstar. Darkstar then takes the mantle of the Vulture King and starts causing trouble for the Lannisters. Dissdents in Dorne will flock to him leaving the forces loyal to Doran/Dorne in Doran's control.

3) Samwell and the Shadowbinders Stone, can't wait. Hoping Alleras kills Euron.

4) Stannis will win the crofter village battle but past that it gets more murky. Ramsay is doomed, Roose has some wiggle room.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, Putin said:

4 )Battle for Winterfell 

No way it goes down like the TV show.  I'm sort of expecting a big victory for the Mannis.  I think it'll be Melisandre, Dany, or the Others that ultimately take down the One True King of Westeros.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:40 PM, Praetor Xyn said:
  1. Secret Manderly / Umber fleet wreaking some havoc
  2. More Manderly / Umber conspiracy
  3. More badassery by Wyman Manderly and Doran Martell

Agreed on all counts.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:04 AM, LindsayLohan said:
  • Who is going to land the greatest prize in the North, the princess Val?

This may be my number one.

Saw a few mentions of the Hound - I want to see not only his return but at least more clues about how he and Sansa re-unite.  I think the Hound is probably going to factor in to Sansa ultimately leaving/killing Littlefinger, as well as Arya putting aside her anger/hatred/bloodlust.

Great topic @Putin

Just a few randoms i want answers to.

1.How do Saan and Aurane Waters interact down in the Stepstones? Are they already connected?

2.Who in Mereen can hope to stand against "The Clanker Lords"?

3. What will be the fate of Nymeria's pack?

4.With all this talk of raising a Kraken, any chance we could see JonCon stumble across an actual Griffin?

5.Is Darkstar the bastard son of The Red Viper?

1 hour ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

No way it goes down like the TV show.  I'm sort of expecting a big victory for the Mannis.  I think it'll be Melisandre, Dany, or the Others that ultimately take down the One True King of Westeros.

Agreed on all counts.

This may be my number one.

Saw a few mentions of the Hound - I want to see not only his return but at least more clues about how he and Sansa re-unite.  I think the Hound is probably going to factor in to Sansa ultimately leaving/killing Littlefinger, as well as Arya putting aside her anger/hatred/bloodlust.

I support the Night Lamp Theory. Basically, Stannis is camped between two frozen lakes with a nearby lighthouse. He's had his men digging holes in the ice. This theory postulates that he'll light a fire on an island in the middle of one of the lakes or something, and the Freys will think that's the lighthouse and ride out onto the ice. Then Stannis men launch catapults at the ice and with the holes that are dug it should pretty much just shatter, dropping them all into freezing water and killing them with no losses.

I don't know how he'll take Winterfell, but even if he doesn't that's the kind of thing you'd expect one of the best living battle commanders to do, not charge in head on like an idiot.

Hey @Praetor Xyn thanks for explaining it - I've seen that theory once before but didn't know it's name and it caught my eye when you mentioned it.  I don't can't tell you how many times I've face-palmed at the show telling you that Stannis is the greatest military commander in Westeros, and then showing you tons of evidence to the opposite effect.

6 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Hey @Praetor Xyn thanks for explaining it - I've seen that theory once before but didn't know it's name and it caught my eye when you mentioned it.  I don't can't tell you how many times I've face-palmed at the show telling you that Stannis is the greatest military commander in Westeros, and then showing you tons of evidence to the opposite effect.

D&D hace basically shown they are incapable of reading between the lines. They killed Doran Martell almost immediately. I think he's responsible for a lot of the things that have happened in our story, most of them bad things affecting the Lannisters, like James hand getting cut off and the Second Sons bankrupting Tyrion, Oberyn likely poisoning Tywin with Widow's Blood, many others. Then they ruined so many characters like Jaime and Stannis first and foremost.

Archived