Skin Changing and The Last Greenseer

Curled Finger

10 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

You know, that's a damned fine point you're making.   We often separate the story into 2 parts: politics and The Others.   In that BR hasn't mentioned his great grand whatever niece, perhaps it is telling of her part in the fight against The Others.    

More intruiging food for thought:  Wouldntcha think he'd be laser focused on little Aegon VI....er, Blackfyre?  If we know nothing else of our dear Bloodraven, we know he spits nails when a Blackfyre is breathing.  Again, we don't have his POV, so hard to say what his full agenda is and I suppose we don't know for sure that Aeghead is a Blackfyre.  

On 3/13/2017 at 5:56 PM, Aetta said:

More intruiging food for thought:  Wouldntcha think he'd be laser focused on little Aegon VI....er, Blackfyre?  If we know nothing else of our dear Bloodraven, we know he spits nails when a Blackfyre is breathing.  Again, we don't have his POV, so hard to say what his full agenda is and I suppose we don't know for sure that Aeghead is a Blackfyre.  

You are full of surprise things Bloodraven should be concerned with but isn't.    Let me counter with this just for fun.   Is it possible the Prince That Was Promised/3 Heads of the Dragon is a political prophesy whereas Azor Ahai and/or The Last Hero serve some other type of prophesy that perhaps doesn't concern our former Hand and Lord Commander now that he is no longer involved in the political arena?   Gads and I'm already spinning the greenseer/Last Hero as seen through an LC's eyes argument in my own head.    This is really an interesting line of thought Aetta.   Thanks for bringing it up.

On 3/12/2017 at 7:29 PM, Aetta said:

He knows about Dany-Bran is able to see Asshai, so Lord Rivers can see Dany.  If he's been watching Bran since the day he was born, why would he not have been able to see Aemon (who knew about Dany & the Dragons), Ned, Jon, Aerys, Rhaegar...see the whole timeline or at least know of it through that dopey crow of Jeor's. 

That he doesn't seem to dwell on Dany, to me, is symbolic of her rank on his list of most important people.  She's not numero uno. Since we know that Bloodraven holds his Targaryan loyalty above even his own honor, Dany should be on his mind...but that it's not in the text is telling. Then again, Bryden doesn't have a POV. 

All of that was before he became part of a tree though. His relatives that he has never met and the game of thrones are not important to him any more. There are far greater dangers lurking north of the wall that he has to focus on. He needs to focus on training his successor, the next to last greenseer. 

On 3/13/2017 at 5:56 PM, Aetta said:

I think you are right on about the lack of Brynden POV. We only see things from Bran's point of view, but we do know he tried to time talk to his brother and his girlfriend at some point. The upcoming war with the others. (f)Aegon's birth status question means nothing for the impending war. small fish if you will 

On 3/15/2017 at 0:28 AM, Curled Finger said:

You are full of surprise things Bloodraven should be concerned with but isn't.    Let me counter with this just for fun.   Is it possible the Prince That Was Promised/3 Heads of the Dragon is a political prophesy whereas Azor Ahai and/or The Last Hero serve some other type of prophesy that perhaps doesn't concern our former Hand and Lord Commander now that he is no longer involved in the political arena?   Gads and I'm already spinning the greenseer/Last Hero as seen through an LC's eyes argument in my own head.    This is really an interesting line of thought Aetta.   Thanks for bringing it up.

Absolutely!  It reminds me of Mimir and Odin.  Odin would have gone into the experience at Yggdrasil as more of a socio-political character-a chieftain, really-with ideas of Valhalla and her heroes as it related to his "clan."   

Yet, he could have come out of it enlightened as to the the more mystical meaning of existence and the bigger picture (I don't think we ever learn what Mimir's true insight was) and maybe even a glimpse of the end.  

In the end of that story, only two beings were left, an Adam and Eve of sorts, and everything else was lost to history. I don't claim to know that Bloodraven is so damn transcendant, but perhaps.  Or perhaps, as you suggest, there are different machinations unforeseen that will make all of their prophecies as meaningless as GRRM says they are.

On 3/15/2017 at 1:06 PM, Dorian Martell's son said:

All of that was before he became part of a tree though. His relatives that he has never met and the game of thrones are not important to him any more. There are far greater dangers lurking north of the wall that he has to focus on. He needs to focus on training his successor, the next to last greenseer. 

I think you are right on about the lack of Brynden POV. We only see things from Bran's point of view, but we do know he tried to time talk to his brother and his girlfriend at some point. The upcoming war with the others. (f)Aegon's birth status question means nothing for the impending war. small fish if you will 

Yes!  I think if Dany, fAegon, et al were so important to dear Lord Rivers, he maybe, just MAYBE, would not even have bothered with Bran at all.  After all, they've got a few years on Bran, he could've started working on them years prior, through other means.

14 hours ago, Aetta said:

Yes!  I think if Dany, fAegon, et al were so important to dear Lord Rivers, he maybe, just MAYBE, would not even have bothered with Bran at all.  After all, they've got a few years on Bran, he could've started working on them years prior, through other means.

they aren't greenseers though, and his thing is training his replacement 

4 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

they aren't greenseers though, and his thing is training his replacement 

Yes, I think we're both making the same point-My original post was that BR clearly has no need to fool wit Dany or Aegon, he's up to something else.  If he weren't up to something else, then one would think he would a. care about his family members since that's always been where his loyalties lie and 2. kill that little shit Blackfyre (fAegon) because, Blackfyre.

1 hour ago, Aetta said:

Yes, I think we're both making the same point-My original post was that BR clearly has no need to fool wit Dany or Aegon, he's up to something else.  If he weren't up to something else, then one would think he would a. care about his family members since that's always been where his loyalties lie and 2. kill that little shit Blackfyre (fAegon) because, Blackfyre.

Ah, sorry, my apologies on that one

Archived