Matches that Never Were

John Suburbs

19 hours ago, Cataldo said:

How can you love someone you only knew for 2 weeks? It was a teenage infatuation, Tyrion just romanticises it.

Love at first sight does exist, and it is real, and it is love. People not believing in it does not make it any less real.

4 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Love at first sight does exist, and it is real, and it is love. People not believing in it does not make it any less real.

Judging by the way GRRM treats the whole love at first sight thing, I don't think he believes in it, at all.

Just now, Cataldo said:

Judging by the way GRRM treats the whole love at first sight thing, I don't he believes in it, at all.

Why, because it doesn't go well? That's not lack of belief, that's realism. Falling in love, whether in a moment or over a few months, is always risky. You can't control the other person's feelings, and even if the feelings are returned just because two people love each other doesn't mean they can have a successful relationship. Doran and Mellario are proof of this, and we don't know how much time it took for them to fall in love.

Any two people who fall in love, no matter how long it takes to do so, have an equal chance of things working out: 50/50.

6 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Any two people who fall in love, no matter how long it takes to do so, have an equal chance of things working out: 50/50.

That's a very strange implication, I hope you have some facts to back this up

Archived