Watcha Watching? Tell me everything.

Isis

If you like Homeland or films like American Sniper or Blackhawk Down and wish that 24 wasn't so predictable and dumb, DVR or go on the History Channel website and watch episode 8 of SIX.  The recap will catch you up and it's the best singular episode of anything I've seen in the genre in a long time.  Walton Goggins is amazing.  The series had up and down moments but that EP is the one to watch imho.

Also looking forward to THE AMERICANS and FARGO season 3.

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I also started watching darjeeling limited and got bored and paused it to do other things totally forgot about it until 5 hours later and decided to turn it off anyway lol disappointed because for the most part I quite like Wes Anderson 

Definitely my least favorite of his films. It's worth finishing though. 

Caught the first episode of Feud last night. Really well done. Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon are perfectly cast as Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. Definitely going to be keeping up with this one.

16 minutes ago, matt b said:

Caught the first episode of Feud last night. Really well done. Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon are perfectly cast as Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. Definitely going to be keeping up with this one.

I really want to watch this!!! Looks brilliant!! 

I finished The Missing season 2 yesterday. It had a lot more moving parts than season 1, and was pretty compelling most of the time with some very good performances once again. Although it did have some convenient, push the plot along moments along the way. I had a few questions for those who watched.

Spoiler

At the end of episode 2, Sophie(fake Alice) tells Adrian Stone that he should be ashamed of himself for what he did, or something along those lines. I'm obviously assuming she's referring to the Iraq story, which means she knows about it. I guess my question is: was she referring to the fact that Stone killed a little girl, or that he saved Gettrick? It seems like such an odd thing to say if Sophie was referring to the little girl being killed since she seems to be pretty under the spell of a pedophile killer herself. Then she goes and puts flowers onto Henry Reed's grave for whatever reason? Just kind of confused at that whole thing.

4 hours ago, matt b said:

Agree.  Really well done and compelling.  Thought this would be angled to appeal mainly to an older gay audience, but it has mainstream appeal and deals with agism and sexism head on and boldly.  Sarandon, Lange, Tucci, and Molina are delivering juicy, fun performances  and great production value and hair and look of the period throughout.

A bit slower paced, I could see people complaining about that, but I was engaged all the way through.

In short, expected not to like it, really liked it. 

Went to see Kong: Skull Island today and was pleasantly surprised.... but I didn't know there was a post credits scene.... ugh

As of right now, we're finishing up binging Shut Eye on Hulu.... which is a really fun watch.... good show......

Sunday nights we watch Walking/Talking Dead, Black Sails, then Homeland, Billions, and Feud:Joan & Bette the next day

Monday: ShadowHunters. ..its an awful show, but Mondays are slow right now

Tuesday: Flash, Outsiders, and the Americans... until recently Agents of Shield and Taboo

Wednesday: Arrow, Magicians, the Expanse, then The Path, Underground, and Legion

Thursday: Riverdale, Colony

Friday: Sleepy Hollow

On 3/10/2017 at 8:18 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

I LOVE this show! Season 2 is kind of fantastic!!! Really great character progression and arcs 

Yep I'm into it right now.

Fin just went off the deep end and butchered a small village. I wasn't surprised at the young kid ying but did not expect him to keep firing. He killed at least ten people. Even Murphy was floored and he's a twat (He also is Tom Felton's doppelganger). Bellamy is actually turning into a better leader, and less of a deuche. Kane infuriates me to no end sometimes. Generally, I like Jaha, but he has his annoying moments. Raven is awesome, and Octavia isn't as bad as she was the majority of the first season.

The last ep I watched had Bellamy and Octavia in this underground parking garage of sorts and had some reavers in it. Creepy stuff...[/spoilers]

2 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Yep I'm into it right now.

Reveal hidden contents

Fin just went off the deep end and butchered a small village. I wasn't surprised at the young kid ying but did not expect him to keep firing. He killed at least ten people. Even Murphy was floored and he's a twat (He also is Tom Felton's doppelganger). Bellamy is actually turning into a better leader, and less of a deuche. Kane infuriates me to no end sometimes. Generally, I like Jaha, but he has his annoying moments. Raven is awesome, and Octavia isn't as bad as she was the majority of the first season.

The last ep I watched had Bellamy and Octavia in this underground parking garage of sorts and had some reavers in it. Creepy stuff...[/spoilers]

Lol you will totally change your mind on basically all of the characters

Kane and octavia are amongst my favourites lol and John murphy is too!!

18 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Went to see Kong: Skull Island today and was pleasantly surprised.... but I didn't know there was a post credits scene.... ugh

As of right now, we're finishing up binging Shut Eye on Hulu.... which is a really fun watch.... good show......

Sunday nights we watch Walking/Talking Dead, Black Sails, then Homeland, Billions, and Feud:Joan & Bette the next day

Monday: ShadowHunters. ..its an awful show, but Mondays are slow right now

Tuesday: Flash, Outsiders, and the Americans... until recently Agents of Shield and Taboo

Wednesday: Arrow, Magicians, the Expanse, then The Path, Underground, and Legion

Thursday: Riverdale, Colony

Friday: Sleepy Hollow

Wednesday is packed for me. And Hap and Leonard season 2 premieres this Wednesday :)

7 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Wednesday is packed for me. And Hap and Leonard season 2 premieres this Wednesday :)

Been wanting to watch season one but its not on demand or on any of the streaming services I have. 

Been rewatching Hannibal as background tv while doing other things. I miss that show, so different than anything else. Hope American Gods is good.

8 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Been wanting to watch season one but its not on demand or on any of the streaming services I have. 

Been rewatching Hannibal as background tv while doing other things. I miss that show, so different than anything else. Hope American Gods is good.

Here's a list of services that have it: http://www.sundance.tv/series/hap-and-leonard/where-to-watch

On 3/10/2017 at 1:44 PM, Nictarion said:

I really liked Match Point. Other than Annie Hall it's one of the only Woody Allen movies I can say that about tbh. 

I would add Blue Jasmine there, and that is that for me.

I am so glad The Americans are back... Boy, I love them.

43 minutes ago, Leap said:

Watched Logan this afternoon, which is probably my new favourite superhero movie. 

Reveal hidden contents

Holy balls, that was so sad. What a fantastic end to Jackman and Stewart's Logan and Xavier, that nicely called back to the quality of the first two X-Men films. The kid was brilliant too, even though for about half the film she had no lines. Extra points for the marketing campaign being brilliant.

I will hold you responsible for my possible disappointment :D

22 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Rewatching Outlander - I really, really, really, really, REALLY love this show - especially the first season and the second half of the second. All the Scotland bits are amaaaaaazing <3 I just want to go to Scotland 

The aesthetics are amazing. As @Zorral said once, it is by far the most visually pleasing TV show airing these days.

I got Netflix DVD's (yes there are people still doing this, but I'm pretty sure my days with that part of the service are numbered).

I've got: Justice League Dark, Denial, and Bad Moms.

That's the order I'm thinking of watching them in too, unless there's a reason I shouldn't?

Archived