Watcha Watching? Tell me everything.

Isis

1 hour ago, ShyGamerGirl said:

Many friends tell me to watch Black Mirror. I am still rather skeptical about it. Would you recommend it?

Why are you skeptical?  All episodes share similar themes and you might find easter eggs hidden throughout, but each episode is it's own contained story.  If you don't like one, move on to the next.  Not really any firm commitment with choosing to start watching.  

Finally got around to watching Rogue One.  Loved it.  I'd give it a solid 9/10.  It felt like Star Wars in a way the prequels never did, and it told an entertaining and original story in a way that The Force Awakens couldn't because it was too busy being an unnecessary remake of New Hope. 

The scene with Darth Vader at the end was quite possibly the best Star Wars scene ever.  We need more of that Vader and less of the Space Jesus shit that Lucas turned him into with the prequels. 

On 3/19/2017 at 4:52 PM, WarGalley said:

Going to go back to season 1 of Gomorrah. Good stuff.

Yeah I had to take a break myself. Was really enjoying it but fuck its brutal. Wish season two was on Neflix then I would have motivation to finish up season one. 

Been watching the Hollow Crown. I've seen some of the adaptations before but today I watched Richard II. I loved it, Ben Wishaw's Richard was perfect, Patrick Stewart as John of Gaunt delivering the other Eden speech...it was brilliant. 

As I said I've watched various parts before but never made my way through chronologically so I'm going to make an effort to do so

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Been watching the Hollow Crown. I've seen some of the adaptations before but today I watched Richard II. I loved it, Ben Wishaw's Richard was perfect, Patrick Stewart as John of Gaunt delivering the other Eden speech...it was brilliant. 

As I said I've watched various parts before but never made my way through chronologically so I'm going to make an effort to do so

I think we still have these saved up on the Sky box actually.

Been watching Hotel Beau Sejour on Netflix. It's a small town, murder mystery in Belgium - feels Broadchurch-ish. The difference here is that the main character is the victim where she can talk with 5 people (don't know why them specifically) and is working to help solve her own murder. I'd recommend if you can dig that kind of story with subtitles - really enjoying it so far.

On 2017-03-17 at 3:54 PM, Joey Crows said:

Just watch the first episode of Sneaky Pete last night. I have mixed feelings about it. Giovanni Ribisi is great and the rest of the cast does a pretty good job. There seem to be some plot holes, but maybe those will resolve as the show progresses. I'm hoping the story arc takes some twists and turns because otherwise it could easily be tad cliche. But, I'm gonna have to watch a couple more episodes before I can really evaluate it.

That first episode was written to set up the series as a procedural, with a different case-of-the-week each episode.  I think it was even filmed more than a year and a half before the rest.  Amazon takes a while to pick up series.  It was only then after pick-up that Graham Yost joined the show to run it, and it was reconfigured to be the continuous story we finally got.

On 3/21/2017 at 4:01 AM, Mark Antony said:

Yeah I had to take a break myself. Was really enjoying it but fuck its brutal. Wish season two was on Neflix then I would have motivation to finish up season one. 

GOMORRAH Season 2: ’The New King of Crime' Official Trailer

GOMORRAH returns to SundanceTV, Wed., Apr. 26 at 10/9c

2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

GOMORRAH Season 2: ’The New King of Crime' Official Trailer

GOMORRAH returns to SundanceTV, Wed., Apr. 26 at 10/9c

Damn, too many shows are competing on Wednesdays. I really wish so many of my favorites weren't crammed into Wednesday nights. They are now more stacked than Sundays for me.

I saw that Halt & Catch Fire season 3 was put up on Netflix so I've been watching that over the last week or so and I have only one more episode to go. I'm liking it a lot more than Season 2 which felt a bit too fractured for me, with most of the main characters off doing their own things and not interacting as much as I'd like, something which season 1 excelled at and season 3 has brought back quite a bit. It's sad that this show seems so overlooked. None of my friends have watched it and I don't see much online fuzz about it, but it's really quite good and more people should watch it.

Apparently, it's also been renewed for another season, which is surprising. I figured season 3 would be its last and, though as I can't imagine the viewer base is all that large, but hey I'll take it. 

I'm halfway through the first season of Gomorrah and really enjoying this. It's more like the Wire than the Sopranos -- more serious, a focus on the drug trade and a background of poverty, no quirky characters and not as much humor. Some of the slums of Naples actually look like something I'd expect from a poorer South or Central American country.

Also, don't want to spoil it, but I just watched an episode where one of the less interesting characters took a pretty awesome turn in his character arc.  

ETA: aaaaand Ciro goes straight Chris Partlow.

I saw Arrival last night which was, unsurprisingly after all the good reviews I've seen, really good. Friday night I watched Me Before You  which I wasn't expecting to be good, and it wasn't, but it really did not go the way I was expecting it to. It's got a pretty dubious ending anyway.

Archived