Watcha Watching? Tell me everything.

Isis

7 hours ago, Risto said:

Nicole Kidman... She is all the reason I needed after I watched this. She is so beautiful, so gripping in this. I fell in love with her once again :D 

I'm honestly not sure what every one is seeing in her performance in this show. She might be beautiful but there's a lot of surgical work gone into that face.. and boobs

I caught Jason Bourne on HBO last night.  Tight, well-paced action, some eye rolls thrown in throughout, but I wasn't a fan of some of the plot developments. The chase scenes are always good in the Bourne series, though.

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I'm honestly not sure what every one is seeing in her performance in this show. She might be beautiful but there's a lot of surgical work gone into that face.. and boobs

Her performance was great, she did a very good job of conveying terror and desperation and her therapy scenes were superb, some of the best parts of the show. All of the cast were great and brought a lot to their roles.

i don't see why anyone should give a shit whether Kidman has had surgery or not. I don't even know why you had to bring it up

3 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

She is a beautiful woman, and I was entranced by her performance. Above everything, Kidman is amazing actress. She has always been that and she remains one. I was just so amazed by her, probably by the fact that I rediscovered her as an actress given that it's been a while since I have watched something with her. 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Her performance was great, she did a very good job of conveying terror and desperation and her therapy scenes were superb, some of the best parts of the show. All of the cast were great and brought a lot to their roles.

i don't see why anyone should give a shit whether Kidman has had surgery or not. I don't even know why you had to bring it up

Well, I kinda started when I said I fell in love with Kidman again. But, you are right. I think that we sometimes forget what a powerhouse Kidman can be and how good she is, while we mundanely discuss her surgeries, Tom Cruise, her children etc. Yes, that other Australian queen has my heart to the end of times, but it is nice to see other ladies snatching it every once and a while :D 

I watched River's Edge yesterday. I've been meaning to watch it for a while and finally got around to it. It was very good and exceed my expectations. Keanu Reeves, Dennis Hopper, Ione Skye and Joshua Miller were all good and Crispin Glover was great. Plus it got one all time great movie insult with "You just stay around here to fuck my mother and eat our food. Motherfucker! Food Eater!"

On 12/05/2017 at 4:51 PM, SpaceChampion said:

Master of None season 2 on Netflix today.  Reviews are great for it.  I might have to wait until Sunday to watch any of it.

I'm watching this, brilliant so far. My favourite has been episode 6, which is somewhat surprising considering it almost entirely departs from there he main cast. So far it's slightly better than season one, imo.

36 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm watching this, brilliant so far. My favourite has been episode 6, which is somewhat surprising considering it almost entirely departs from there he main cast. So far it's slightly better than season one, imo.

I haven't started watching yet.  I'm looking ahead to Friday and see Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and 12 Monkeys are both dropping then. This must be the week I do nothing but watch TV I guess.

8 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I haven't started watching yet.  I'm looking ahead to Friday and see Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and 12 Monkeys are both dropping then. This must be the week I do nothing but watch TV I guess.

I'm procrastinating terribly right now, so all these new series couldn't possibly have come at a better time. I should be finished Master of None by the time Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt starts.

just watched episode 8 which was hilarious yet moving at the same time. Quickly taken the top spot for both season 1 and 2 episodes.

54 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Ah stand corrected. Still seems low on screen time and considering the rest of the cast was pretty good too.

He is a superb actor and he was great in it but I am still surprised he won too. A must-see movie though. 

19 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Almost forgot -- Twin Peaks starting Sunday too!  I'll never catch up.  I still have to watch the original TP.

6 hours ago, Joey Crows said:

Halfway through with Season 2 of Master of None. So good. One of the most unique comedies out there as far as story telling goes.

Definitely. Finished season 2 tonight, the whole season was solid and even better than the first one was. The show never fails to make me hungry either :lol: 

I watched all of 13 Reasons Why in 24 hours and while it took me a while to get into it (mostly because teens are far, far less exciting than they think they are - but that is part of the point of the show) once I was sucked in I HAD to keep watching it. The more I think about it, the better I think it is. I have THINGS to say about. Lots of things. I will go to the thread and say my things there.

I'm currently binging the shit out of parks and rec. I can't beleive I've just discovered this (There is far too much good tv now, I'm going to have to get rid of sky, Netflix or prime). I am undecided on whether this or it's always sunny is my favourite American comedy of the last 10 years. Things in the to do pile, taboo, better call Saul, American gods, veep, the last kingdom, legion.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm currently binging the shit out of parks and rec. I can't beleive I've just discovered this (There is far too much good tv now, I'm going to have to get rid of sky, Netflix or prime). I am undecided on whether this or it's always sunny is my favourite American comedy of the last 10 years. Things in the to do like, taboo, better call Saul, American gods, veep, the last kingdom, legion.

Do yourself a favor and skip Taboo, it's awful. Everything else you mentioned is quality. 

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm currently binging the shit out of parks and rec. I can't beleive I've just discovered this (There is far too much good tv now, I'm going to have to get rid of sky, Netflix or prime). I am undecided on whether this or it's always sunny is my favourite American comedy of the last 10 years. Things in the to do pile, taboo, better call Saul, American gods, veep, the last kingdom, legion.

Parks and Rec. is great (iffy season 1 aside). It's such a good show to rewatch to, I never really get bored of it.

I'd watch Legion next if I were you, if only to see Aubrey Plaza in a completely different role.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Do yourself a favor and skip Taboo, it's awful. Everything else you mentioned is quality. 

Yeah. Definitely leave it until last - for when there is literally NOTHING ELSE.

4 hours ago, Isis said:

Yeah. Definitely leave it until last - for when there is literally NOTHING ELSE.

People in the UK are saying that Harlots is the interesting addictive fictionalized experience of the general time period in London that Taboo failed miserably at being.  Not having seen Harlots myself, cannot say. :)

Archived