Calibandar

Comics XIII

203 posts in this topic

Henceforth, I shall think of this whenever I see Thanos

On 13/12/2017 at 2:35 PM, Red Tiger said:

Yeeeeeeep, hence why im excited. No more of this pushing the Inhumans to be the new X-men kind of shit.

The X-books are in desperate need of some TLC. There's little excuse to ignore them once they join the MCU (and they get merch rights back). It also helps that Inhumans the Film-turned-TV show was an absolute disaster. Maybe they'll go back to Fraction's abandoned GOT style feature the real inhumans? Anything resembling the Jenkins/Jae Lee run would be welcome.

I was listing my favourite reads of 2017 over the weekend and oddly "Vision" volumes 1 and 2 came out on top. That book really touched me - moreso in the sense I've never cared about the character but his extended family and his alienation was easily the best thing Marvel has done in many a year. It deserves to be read more widely and if Netflix/disney ever decide to make a limited series with Paul Bettany onboard, I'd be all over.it.

Clean Room, Southern Bastards and East of West were also quite high in the list so even though I know I read less comics and would argue I'm technically off them it's good to know that a well crafted comic is still really hard to top in terms of written/visual entertainment.

12 minutes ago, red snow said:

The X-books are in desperate need of some TLC. There's little excuse to ignore them once they join the MCU (and they get merch rights back). It also helps that Inhumans the Film-turned-TV show was an absolute disaster. Maybe they'll go back to Fraction's abandoned GOT style feature the real inhumans? Anything resembling the Jenkins/Jae Lee run would be welcome.

I was listing my favourite reads of 2017 over the weekend and oddly "Vision" volumes 1 and 2 came out on top. That book really touched me - moreso in the sense I've never cared about the character but his extended family and his alienation was easily the best thing Marvel has done in many a year. It deserves to be read more widely and if Netflix/disney ever decide to make a limited series with Paul Bettany onboard, I'd be all over.it.

Clean Room, Southern Bastards and East of West were also quite high in the list so even though I know I read less comics and would argue I'm technically off them it's good to know that a well crafted comic is still really hard to top in terms of written/visual entertainment.

Yes, I too really loved Clean room. I still haven't heard anything about a season 2.

IMO, other than some netflix shows and the films, Marvel really doesn't do screenwork well. Their cartoons have been forgettable for a while now, Agents of Shield is going nowhere and like you said Inhumans was garbage.

I'll take a look at Vision.