Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calibandar

Comics XIII

24 posts in this topic

seven to eternity volume 1 was ok. I think it could have done with 2 more issues for me to get a real feel for the book. I'm glad i read it as a trade as I would have dropped the comic with issue 2 which i found a confusing mess - the artwork and colours made it hard to distinguish all the characters that were suddenly introduced (besides the giant flying crocodile) and the fighting in general left me cold, Which is a shame ad the artwork is generally nice (and i know from avengers and x-force that Opena can do action) so I'm putting it down to Remender not writing a convincing battle and stage directions. The powers are original and visually impressive though and I like the set up for the villain and the fact the book seems more about how to safely dispose of a tyrant than the fight to defeat him.

Hmm...I'm reading Seven to Eternity monthly and I'm loving it. The art and the world building are both top-notch, imo.

5 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Hmm...I'm reading Seven to Eternity monthly and I'm loving it. The art and the world building are both top-notch, imo.

It might be an issue with the trade reprint but everything is very dark from the inks to the colours in a way that reminds me a lot of David Finch's work (maybe it's the same inker/colorist).

The world building in terms of how the Mud king is in charge is good - I'm just feeling like it's too soon for me to know what the series will be about. It seemed like they spent the first issue introducing characters that, for the time being, aren't part of the story anymore besides Adam. It's only 4 issues old though. I'll probably give the next trade a go.