Calibandar

Comics XIII

106 posts in this topic

Hey comic heads,

Public service announcement: Amazon is having an insane sale on digital trades. When I say insane, I'm talking like 90% off. It's laughable. You just have to look at the Kindle versions of the books -- they'll import directly into Comixology after you purchase them. It's quite satisfying to see $20.00 Comixology trades import from Amazon after I spent under $3.00 on them. I've been on a mission to replace all of my longboxes of hardcopy comics because I want to unload them all. I put a massive dent in that. Stock up, because I have no idea how long this sale will last.

On 5/4/2017 at 7:06 AM, The King in Black said:

Anybody reading Deathstroke Rebirth ? Priest has managed to make the character interesting again. Easily one of DC's best right now.

Deathstroke is the best comic DC is publishing right now. I hope they leave Priest alone and let him do his thing for the next few years. It has the makings of something iconic.

That said, I wasn't a fan of Lazarus Contract. His installments were the best, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he dumbed down to co-exist with the rest of the writing team from Titans and Teen Titans. He actually talked about how he had something different planned, as he was going to tell a story based on the Judas Contract within Deathstroke, but because of continuity crap, DC wanted him to participate in the crossover with the Titans books. Meh.

On 03/06/2017 at 5:54 PM, C.T. Phipps said:

Really? That's how you read it? I read it as an attack on the infamous, "Has Captain America heard of My Space?" from Civil War. Sally Floyd always said Captain America was out of touch with the American people. The thing was, now Sally Floyd is the one who is out of touch. She cares about the loss of civil liberties while the public...doesn't.

It's a nice dramatic reversal.

I would like to think that's what it was, but in the context of Nick Spencer being engaged in numerous, repeated flame wars on Twitter over the last year or two it seems obvious that it's simply what it appears to be - Spencer having a dig at his critics in print.

Okay Batman #24 readers, your thoughts?

Posted (edited)

@Red Tiger It seems that you got it before most others, no?

Edited by Teng Ai Hui

10 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

@Red Tiger It seems that you got it before most others, no?

Well, my comic book shop often gets single issues on tuesday, but I asked because sites like IGN were already reporting on it yesterday.