Calibandar

Comics XIII

168 posts in this topic

The Room is kind of an obscure reference, I'd say.  Although you might think the editor would've looked it up or something.  But otherwise, that seems like a pretty standard letter for a marvel letters page.  I'm often surprised by the depth of feeling on display in there.  That's geeks for you though, more power to them. And fuck 4chan.

Yeah, if your trolling attempt hinges on that reference, it's shit. Not because it's obvious but because it doesn't work. Basically what these guys did was write a letter of praise and ho-ho, it got published. The clever bit is that the praise is supposed to be obviously insincere because nobody could imagine that someone could possibly sincerely like The Room? Sorry. That's just a bit rubbish, really.

What is a good trolling attempt? Isn't trolling supposed to be pointless in itself? Also, if I hear somebody comparing my work to something, id like to know what it is.

Anyway, the trolling was not my main point, it was poorly-written series that are "so bad it's good".

Edited by Red Tiger

Weirdly, I'm reading Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter comics almost exclusively with only Tekken on the horizon.

I think it's strange but fighting game comics interest me more than standard superhero now.

I also just ADORE the art of Udon's Street Fighter.

On 25-9-2017 at 9:01 PM, C.T. Phipps said:

Weirdly, I'm reading Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter comics almost exclusively with only Tekken on the horizon.

I think it's strange but fighting game comics interest me more than standard superhero now.

I also just ADORE the art of Udon's Street Fighter.

The story and their handling of potential rape on the other hand....

Edited by Red Tiger

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Ugh and they'd done so good too.

There was never any hint Bison was abusing his dolls so far.

I sadly am all caught up EXCEPT for the Darkstalkers vs. Street Fighters comic.

Edit:

I wonder how many readers know, "Curiously attractive for a fish man" is a line from the cartoon almost no one watched.

7 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

Ugh and they'd done so good too.

There was never any hint Bison was abusing his dolls so far.

I sadly am all caught up EXCEPT for the Darkstalkers vs. Street Fighters comic.

Edit:

I wonder how many readers know, "Curiously attractive for a fish man" is a line from the cartoon almost no one watched.

I know it is. The line was used all the time. Doesn't really make the comic page any less.....questionable, though.

I saw the anime of it recently, I liked it.

Oddly, I hated the anime because it removed the few good characters of the series. Felicia and Raptor teaming up against the Catholic Church is wrong on three or four levels.

But yes, totally agree with the comic's questionability.