Towers by the sea

4 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

Why not? Jaime never lusted for gold or power. He doesn't lust for battle or glory or his sister anymore. He wants duty and some sort of honor. The NW would suit him after being dismissed of the King Guard, which doesn't mean he is heading there.

I have never thought about this before. I think you're right, it kind of would be a perfect match. People put a lot into the Brienne romance but I don't think Jamie will want that. I had considered the possibility of Tyrion trying to get Dany to marry him, but that seems next to impossible considering he killed her dad. The black would suit him.

On 3/15/2017 at 4:58 PM, The Bastards Giant Friend said:

I have never thought about this before. I think you're right, it kind of would be a perfect match. People put a lot into the Brienne romance but I don't think Jamie will want that. I had considered the possibility of Tyrion trying to get Dany to marry him, but that seems next to impossible considering he killed her dad. The black would suit him.

Well, Brienne is fundamental for Jaime's arc as Jaime is for Brienne's. There are indeed romantic components in their arcs but there is also more, like the meaning of knighthood, etc.

I've been thinking a lot in Jaime's arc lately. Many people have (often rightfully) criticized Jaime's "pacification" of the Riverlands, for basically consolidating the Lannister regime there, though using more peaceful means. Jaime thinks he is doing what it's correct, for the sake of duty (and honor?). There is also the provoking comment by Genna that Jaime is not Tywin. So Jaime tries to act like his father to some point. He starts fantasying about ways to legitimizing Tommen's rule, including sending Cersei away. All commendable thoughts, but still wrong. But what happens at the end of this arc? After doing his duty? After doing an excellent work on wrong causes?

Brienne reappears and take him away. She "rescues" him, again? There is hope in Jaime, where is none in Cersei.

I'm very eager to learn what happens next and I wouldn't rule out that his route also take him north.

Archived