Ser Scot A Ellison

Daylight savings time sucks spring 2017!!!

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Nugget1229 said:

Um, forgive me but how does it screw up your sleep? I have to be at work at the same time all year and therefore get up at the same time all year?  The only difference for me is I can take my walk outside 3 days a week instead of on the treadmill.

I go into work rather early and have a long commute. My normal time to get out of bed is around 6:00 AM and out the door by 6:30. 

When DST hits, sure, technically I am still getting up at "6:00 AM" but in real physical terms it is actually the 5:00 AM from just a few days prior. The first day (Monday) isn't all that bad, because it's just one day. By Wednesday, I'm at three straight days of my brain and body feeling like it's "getting up an hour early" and am ready to punt my cell phone out the window when the alarm sounds.

This morning (the fifth work day past the time change) wasn't too terrible, so I'm finally getting accustomed to the change. It's still ridiculous and utterly unnecessary.

Edited by Ferrum Aeternum

The switch came to Europe this weekend. I am warming up to the switch-haters. At least it could be done during work hours, so they take away an hour of the office time - weekends are too short as they are!

I forgot about the switch and was sitting reading an article last night, glanced at my watch at one point, finished the last few pages then checked my phone and had a weird moment of "wow it took me an hour to read 3 pages?!" Then I checked my watch and realised oh it's DST, I need to set it forward an hour

I actually dont mind it at all!!! More light!!! I'm so excited the days are longer now....longer to walk 

But I need to get up earlier from now on ... at least my body will think so.

Well, the extra sunlight in the evening is nice, I will take it.

Getting up at 6 a.m. to make my morning workout was not meant to be. I'll try to make it tomorrow.

The worst part is that I'll need to get up at 4-4.15 a.m. on Wednesday, to catch an early morning flight. Hopefully, I'll get used to it by then.