Army Power of each house

UFT

2 minutes ago, KINGpanther said:

True that but that's where I'm thinking from. I don't want to see Dany order a Dothraki charge of the Walkers and watch their number quadruple.

Not sure Dothraki would even have horses in these conditions because as we saw with Stannis, horses die first. Thorne said it too. They might even have to kill them in order to survive. Food supply might be an issue among other things.

Don't know what their tactics against white walkers will be but straight up charge is nonsense. Dothraki don't know any other way to fight, so really curious what they'll come up with.

16 hours ago, KINGpanther said:

Dothraki strength comes from their horses, without them they are thugs with fancy swords. Reinforcing my argument of Danys army being weak.

Ah yes, of course. Dany's army is weak.
She currently has the biggest light cavalery available. Even without their horses, their numbers are almost unrivalled. 100.000 thugs can be a force to remember and definitely a force to fear.
She also has the most disciplined infantry troops. Their numbers might be just a bit less then the other parts of her army, but their discipline is unrivalled.

She is now joined by the Martell and Tyrell armies. 1 army is known for being quite small, but ferocious and known to use poisoned blades.
The other army is pretty much the largest army of Westeros. Some of the Tyrell bannerman will side with Cersei, but most of them will still stay with the Queen of Thorns.

Of course, I forgot to mention that she has 3 dragons, the size of jumbo jets..... The equivalent of 3 nukes.
How can that be a weak army?

Numbers are are a tricky thing. It's really only in the last 100 years of warfare that intelligence gathering began giving reliable information on the opposing orders of battle and even that wasn't a certain thing. Even a side's own troop numbers can be rounded liberally, for dramatic effect be it to impress a potential ally, strike fear into an enemy or even just lesser lords claiming they have more men to make their contribution to their liege lord more significant.

Archived