Season 7 Premiere Date Announced

Westeros

While Linda and I were out speaking about The World of Ice and Fire at Gothenburg’s city library, HBO finally revealed the premiere date of season 7 of Game of Thrones: July 16th. And with that reveal, they also launched the first lengthy teaser, titled “Sigils” for its extensive use of the heraldic beasts and objects of the Seven Kingdoms.

This follows after the recent reveal of the Season 7 poster, via Entertainment Weekly. You can find the (brief) press release from HBO below!

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

I'm tired of these sigil teases with quotes from earlier seasons. What exactly is the tease? They did the same thing last season. I mean it looks cool and all... but it's a little disappointing. I'm looking forward to a proper trailer.

This is by far the lamest teaser they released. The use of the sigils is underwhelming, boring, repetitive and misleading. The aesthetics are also underwhelming and the icey eye in the end is out of place nothing ties it to the rest of the clip in terms of design. Using quotes from the previous seasons is also misleading and repetitive and incredibly lazy. You are supposed to sell me a new car, so don't list me the performance indicators of the previous model. 

FOr two thirds of the teaser we hear and see the war of the houses. Then in the last 30 seconds we are told that's not what the next season is about. So why waste one minute on detailing what the season is not about? They basically teased what we already saw and know. 

And July 16... that's an awful long time. 

I thought that the purpose of the teaser was to set the tone for the new season, which it did quite well.

It clearly stated that the time of the great Houses fighting for dominance in an endless revolving wheel (which is what we saw happening for the first six seasons) would come to an end, in the face of the existential threat from the Walkers.

Plus Jon's lines about the Great War having arrived were new.

I liked the teaser myself.

On 10/03/2017 at 5:59 PM, Mongo said:

I thought that the purpose of the teaser was to set the tone for the new season, which it did quite well.

It clearly stated that the time of the great Houses fighting for dominance in an endless revolving wheel (which is what we saw happening for the first six seasons) would come to an end, in the face of the existential threat from the Walkers.

Plus Jon's lines about the Great War having arrived were new.

I liked the teaser myself.

Yeah, it's reminding us where we've come from, shows that that is falling to pieces (even if the players don't yet know it), and that the great war is about to be unleashed. Pretty cool I reckon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 7:29 AM, RhaenysB said:

This is by far the lamest teaser they released. The use of the sigils is underwhelming, boring, repetitive and misleading. The aesthetics are also underwhelming and the icey eye in the end is out of place nothing ties it to the rest of the clip in terms of design. Using quotes from the previous seasons is also misleading and repetitive and incredibly lazy. You are supposed to sell me a new car, so don't list me the performance indicators of the previous model. 

FOr two thirds of the teaser we hear and see the war of the houses. Then in the last 30 seconds we are told that's not what the next season is about. So why waste one minute on detailing what the season is not about? They basically teased what we already saw and know. 

And July 16... that's an awful long time. 

Then don't watch the show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived