The Most Intelligent Pre-Teen?

13 hours ago, Pray Harder said:

Just reading the title of the thread, the first name that popped into my head was Big Walder. Forgot about Missandei, she's got to be extremely gifted but she's much less interesting than the future Lord of the Crossing.

I'm a Big Walder fan and I sincerely hope he earns himself a white wolf pelt to warm his scrawny shoulders on cold winter days.  That one is the future Lord of the Crossing.  I'm glad people pointed his connection to the Blackwoods and Bloodraven.  

4 hours ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

Nothing against Shireen, I actually quite like her, but I have the strong suspicion that the bolded claim is a show-only invention. But, since I could be wrong, can you please direct me to the book quotes that could provide evidence to this assertion?

Many apologies, you are, of course right.

On 3/10/2017 at 4:51 AM, Lame Lothar Frey said:

1.  Who in your opinion is the most intelligent pre-teen character in the story? 

2.  Please rank the list below in order of most intelligent down to the least.

3.  Pick the most interesting character to you from the list below.

• Bran Stark
  • Willa Manderly
  • Big Walder Frey
  • Arya Stark
  • Missandei from Naath
  • Myrcella Baratheon
  • Rickon Stark
  • Edric Dayne
  • Shireen Baratheon
  • Robin Arryn

From most smart to least smart

Missandei-know a good number of languages

Shireen Baratheon-Pylos taught her, Edric Storm, and Davo's son Devan about about history and governance. She also remembers reading all about giants. She is actually  what the House Florent see themselves to be(smart).

Arya Stark-is good at math and was not a fan of Joffrey

Myrcella-she is smartest Lannister of her generation(Joffrey was insane idiot)(Tomman is young).She is also smarter than her mom,

Willa Manderly-She was great with her acting

Bran Stark-having power is not a measure of intelligent

Edric Dayne-we have not seen how smart he is

Big Walder Frey-he was smart enough to plan liltle Walder's death(little Walder was going become another    Ramsey).

Rickon Stark-he is feral so when don't know how smart is he

Robin Arryn-he was being baby so much that he is still imatture

On 3/10/2017 at 5:51 AM, Lame Lothar Frey said:

1.  Who in your opinion is the most intelligent pre-teen character in the story? 

• Bran Stark
  • Willa Manderly
  • Big Walder Frey
  • Arya Stark
  • Missandei from Naath
  • Myrcella Baratheon
  • Rickon Stark
  • Edric Dayne
  • Shireen Baratheon
  • Robin Arryn

Take note that I left Sansa Stark out because she is 13 of age and up for most of the story.  And really, Sansa  does not belong on any list of intelligence anyway.  Pre-teen is an age before thirteen for the purpose of our survey. 

• Missandei is the most intelligent pre-teen in ASOIAF.
  • Ranking
  1. Missandei
  2. Egg
  3. Myrcella
  4. Big Walder Frey
  5. Shireen
  • Big Walder is the one I'm more curious about.  I think he planned the death of Little Walder.  LW was starting to become like Ramsay and that is a threat to everyone around him.

On 13/3/2017 at 10:30 PM, Phedra said:

While that's true, being a child and a product of one's own harsh environment doesn't justify murderous tendencies. Her chapters are a good read but I can't say as much about her person and she's not headed towards a redemption arc either... 

Arya is one of the most *wounded* characters in the story and she still has a good heart, all she has done was in order to survive. 

On 13/3/2017 at 11:46 PM, DutchArya said:

I can't even deal with how awesome this place has been lately. So many FACTS being stated so artfully regarding Arya. I just read all these posts all :D and content.  @ShadowCat Rivers   @GhostNymeria @Jon's Queen Consort @rotting sea cow

I am not sure that I understand what you mean.

8 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

It was a thumbs up at how the false assumptions on Arya have been thoroughly dismantled in this topic. I enjoyed your posts in this topic along with the other people I listed. 

I see. Sorry for not understanding it and thank you for explaining it.

I believe that people confusing 11years old bookArya with much older tvseriesArya and that is why they don't understand Arya's character. 

On 2017-03-10 at 11:51 AM, Lame Lothar Frey said:

• Bran Stark
  • Willa Manderly
  • Big Walder Frey
  • Arya Stark
  • Missandei from Naath
  • Myrcella Baratheon
  • Rickon Stark
  • Edric Dayne
  • Shireen Baratheon
  • Robin Arryn

Take note that I left Sansa Stark out because she is 13 of age and up for most of the story.  And really, Sansa  does not belong on any list of intelligence anyway.  Pre-teen is an age before thirteen for the purpose of our survey. 

Missandei from Naath

Myrcella Baratheon

Arya Stark - IMO most interesting

Bran Stark

Edric Dayne

Shireen Baratheon

Willa Manderly

Big Walder Frey

Robin Arryn

Rickon Stark

On March 25, 2017 at 6:31 AM, DutchArya said:

It was a thumbs up at how the false assumptions on Arya have been thoroughly dismantled in this topic. I enjoyed your posts in this topic along with the other people I listed. 

Do you want me to give you actual quotes of some reasons she's the most intelligent? That would be too easy. She's my #1 by a wide margin, 

9 hours ago, Lame Lothar Frey said:

It's a clear win for the little girl from the island of Naath.  Missandei is the most intelligent pre-teen. 

Obviously.  She has intelligence and maturity beyond her years.

Anyone who thinks Sansa is not intelligent is not a very observant reader. 

She shows intelligence from the very start. She also is very naive but she is not stupid. She knows her House histories, banners, and heraldry very well naming Renly & Barristan using this knowledge only, she is also perceptive enough to understand the value in conforming in a society which punishes non-conformity. She is intelligent enough to lie at the Trident and claim forgetfulness. (I won't be entering into the argument re this incident so don't even start) as to back her sister directly means to alienate her future husband and goodmother. But she is wise enough& loyal enough to not go against her own family either. She chooses the most neutral course she can in a difficult situation.  

She then is intelligent enough to keep her head down in KL after her fathers execution. Someone stupid would have lost their head within a fortnight. she realises her moonblood needs to be hidden from the Queen. Her lack of sucsess does not negate the fact she put two and two together, and then when caught, she is intelligent enough to lie convincingly to Cersei.

She is good at lying in fact, her story that saves Dontos is an example of quick thinking, and then when she has been married to Tyrion we see him assessing her talents and he concludes that she is very good at working people, she uses all her knowledge of them as individuals and their houses to tailor her conversation; recalling peoples health concerns and personal situations. Then she very quickly assess her situation with LF and again concludes she's best keeping her head down. She manages to pull off her secret identity as Alayne in the Vale, and again uses her abillityto lie convincingly to retain her safety in the Vale via getting rid of marrilion and preventing her cover being blown by LF losing his post as Lord protector. After all if his posistion is taken, what happens to her as his daughter? She also works out his games and goes on to show that in her TWOW sample chapter too. Once again showing us her ability to read people and use her intelect and knowledge to manipulate things. 

Sansa has intelligence and is very good at realising peoples feelings and motivations. She's good at lying and making people feel like they are the ones leading the situation. 

I'm not saying she is a genius. But certainly she is intelligent and anyone who dismisses her as stupid has basically taken cersei's word for it. LMAO. 

As to Arya being dark, yeah right! She's grey as grey as anyone else but she is not dark. She didn't randomly kill a singer. She as The Stark Because as far as she is concerned she is The Stark now. Sansa is a Lannister by marriage and possibly dead anyway, Jon is a brother of the NW and her other brothers are dead. She is acting as The Stark and she executed a NW deserter.   

• 4 weeks later...

Arya, Bran and Missandei (a.k.a: team smartass kids)

Sansa doesn't count bc she's already a teen but i think she's a very smart and a perceptive young lady who is also a reliable narrator( well for now at least) And who ever calls her "stupid" bc of how she was like in the beginning, then i have really nothing to say other than the fact that she was a typical ELEVEN years old GIRL. Dreaming about Prince Charming, future kids, dresses and etc is a thing that any girl at that age (girly girls at least) or maybe even older would think/daydream about. 

Archived