(Spoilers) Mr. Robot final season

Mark Antony

Agreed with pretty much everyone. Very good opening episode but I really hope there isn't any time-travel/parallel world bullshit going on. I'd much rather the show focus on the hacking, the fallout from the hack, and the various actors involved in it than some weirdo, last-minute sci-fi stuff.

Second episode - despite not having any of Irving or Angela - was even better. The montage of Elliot hacking and destroying his managers was satisfying in a season 1 way, his crying afterwards was haunting, the conversation with the psychologist and Mr. Robot was great. 

Whiterose and Price's talk was incredible, and the cheesy line 'don't mistake my generosity for generosity' somehow worked. 

Mrs. Wellick dying was pretty abrupt, but I'm okay with that ending and stopping that storyline, one of the least good parts of season 2.

Yes, I wish we would get more scenes of Elliott's voice-over hacking scenes. I love how he uncovered dirt on each successive rung of the E Corp ladder until he found someone smart enough to listen. Also love how so much of this is current, down to the douchebag, misogynist coworker.

I also appreciate the more straightforward division between Mr. Robot and Elliott. I like the dualistic nature of the two personalities.At least it seems more straightforward. The scene with his psychologist was very good.

I'm questioning Darlene's actions already. I'm thinking she hid that on Elliott's computer in plain sight for him to find. I can't believe she would actually betray him. Good to see Dana back again.

Well, at least we know Joanna's arc is over. Unless she has a twin somewhere. But that would be soap opera writing at best. Damn, I was hoping her arc would go somewhere. Tyrell is still the big mystery for me.

Price and Whiterose sharing screentime is always a treat. Now I'm interested in the desire to annex the Congo and move operations to the mine there. I laughed at the fake E Coin commercial spot during one of the commercial breaks.

So far it's been much better than season 2. It's rekindling my interest.

Okay so... this episode was some great exposition, and definitely enjoyable, but given that I can't binge it like most series I decide to watch these days, it was also a little unbearable not moving the plot forward in any way. 

I will say though, the fact that this episode kinda made me love Tyrelle is indicative of its quality. 

Also, I just have this nagging feeling that they're gonna pretty much ignore the ridiculous cliffhanger they ended with in Season 2 involving Leon. I know that that's really pretty unlikely, but I'm puzzled about why they haven't addressed it in the slightest this far in. Would anyone else be as pissed as I would if they didn't? 

I liked this flashback episode. Finally we know more details about Tyrell and his whereabouts, the shootout at the café with Darlene and Cisco, Cisco's role, why we really hate Iran and how Trump got elected. :) 

And Irving is either a great character or a massive douche. Used car salesman, fake thermos mugs.

16 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

Also, I just have this nagging feeling that they're gonna pretty much ignore the ridiculous cliffhanger they ended with in Season 2 involving Leon. I know that that's really pretty unlikely, but I'm puzzled about why they haven't addressed it in the slightest this far in. Would anyone else be as pissed as I would if they didn't? 

I think this episode points out how they will resolve it, though it might not be a super awesome resolution. Given what we've seen happen to Gideon, to Joanna, and to Cisco I think that them being dead is much more probable.

34 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I think this episode points out how they will resolve it, though it might not be a super awesome resolution. Given what we've seen happen to Gideon, to Joanna, and to Cisco I think that them being dead is much more probable.

I see your point, although it just begs the question of why they even bothered to introduce this cliffhanger into the series in the first place if they were going to resolve it in such a flaccid manner. 

8 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

I see your point, although it just begs the question of why they even bothered to introduce this cliffhanger into the series in the first place if they were going to resolve it in such a flaccid manner. 

I don't think they thought it was a particularly big cliffhanger; it was a post-credit reveal that also kind of indicates where Elliot himself would end up attempting to go. Angela on the side of Whiterose, the fate of Mr. Robot and what happened to Elliot were a lot bigger cliffhangers, IMO. 

If you remember, the end credits of S1 were something similar, with Whiterose and Price speaking to each other about the next phases. 

They might leave it hanging because this show does that sometimes. I've learned to trust them though ever since the proof that Tyrell isn't a third personae of Elliot. My guess is that eventually those will attempt to rewind the hack somehow, perhaps working with Elliot. If that doesn't happen, they are likely going to die. This show is pretty ruthless. Also, it's become clear that Whiterose is quite willing to dispose of people. (We already kind of knew that, but the impression has grown stronger imo)

Good ep. I wish things had moved forward, but there was some holes that needed filled and it's great to see so much of Tyrell after his long absence. I especially liked the sunglasses moment. He kind of has a Tom Cruise as a psychopath thing going for him. I loved that he demanded his suit as well and his reason for it.

11 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

God I'm just in love with this show right now. 

The ending has me thinking. Was that weird camera angle and blurred lens filter just artistic, or is someone bugging Elliot's place? 

I was wondering what that was about as well. I wasn't sure what it was focusing on on Elliott's shelf, unless it was just the photo Darlene eventually placed on it.

Another good episode. I love the character conflicts this season. Mr. Robot/Elliott has really been the highlight for me. Now Darlene is caught between the two with other characters are also on a much less personal level.

Anxious to discover the motive behind the Dark Army sacrificial lamb.

I also really enjoyed Darlene and Dom's convo at the bar.

I'm really worried that Darlene is going to kill herself. Playing Elliott Smith is not a great sign for anyone, and her putting the one possession she really cares about up on the shelf like that is troubling to say the least. 

The Dark Army sacrificial lamb seems clearly to point to some fsociety and Tyrell selling out towards the end, and be able to wash their hands of anything. His job was to wait and get caught. 

This season definitely has fixed a lot of the issues with S2 - notably characters are interacting with each other in a great, cool way. Angela is still incredible as the competent zealot, I actually like Irving a lot, and Darlene is so incredibly raw, an exposed nerve ready to crack. I would have given her back her wallet, too. 

6 hours ago, Kalbear said:

The Dark Army sacrificial lamb seems clearly to point to some fsociety and Tyrell selling out towards the end, and be able to wash their hands of anything. His job was to wait and get caught. 

Yes, but he was so sloppy and amateurish it made me question his real role. It seemed that he was telegraphing Fsociety so hard making it too obvious that he wasn't actually Fsociety, but in fact, Dark Army. I'm probably overthinking it

Archived