(Spoilers) Mr. Robot final season

Mark Antony

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot-after-show/cast

Interesting Mr. Robot Digital After-show with Sam Esmail as guest. Also explains the hack this episode which,  for tech illiterate individuals like myself, is greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

I'm curious to know the twist Sam was talking about around the 4:30 mark. He says it will to pass this season.

Amazing episode. Angela has gone full black hat. That looked like a The Matrix homage with Elliot being chased through the building. Maybe now that he is confronting Angela, we will finally find something out about what she saw. Also, I think that was the first Bernie Sanders mention in Mr. Robot.

I'm being careful as don't want any spoilers. But how's the season going? I only paused the show after season 2 felt too slow with an over-reliance on unreliable narrator. But individual elements of the show were excellent such as the style/direction. If it's still plodding I'll put on the backburner but might catch up if what's been out so far is good.

14 minutes ago, red snow said:

I'm being careful as don't want any spoilers. But how's the season going? I only paused the show after season 2 felt too slow with an over-reliance on unreliable narrator. But individual elements of the show were excellent such as the style/direction. If it's still plodding I'll put on the backburner but might catch up if what's been out so far is good.

Last episode was a masterpiece in every front. No one should miss it.

@red snow The season has been very good so far. A return to form after season 2. The story is advancing and we are in Elliott's head much less than we were in season 2. I'm excited for each episode again, which I couldn't say after season 2's wheel spinning. As other boarders have posted, last episode was amazing. Probably the show's best episode to date.

10 hours ago, red snow said:

The show has trimmed the fat and fixed the pacing issues. It's my favorite season of television in a long time. Highly recommend finishing up Season 2 so you can get back on track for this season. 

That was a great episode. The Elliott/Mr. Robot struggle was slightly annoying, but everything else was great. Price and Chang at Mar-a-lago :)  There was almost as much tension this episode as last week's. This has been a great season so far.

1 hour ago, Astromech said:

That was a great episode. The Elliott/Mr. Robot struggle was slightly annoying, but everything else was great. Price and Chang at Mar-a-lago :)  There was almost as much tension this episode as last week's. This has been a great season so far.

Was that Mar-A-Lago? I thought it might be, but wasn't sure. I love the very specific vitriol and hatred Esmail has for Trump and how it shows up over and over again. 

I thought this was actually better than last week's episode. Last week was definitely tense, but this week felt like the best kind of ep of 24 - everything in real time, every minute mattering, everyone rushing to get to points and get something resolved, and all the plots concluded in a really satisfying way. I thought the Mr. Robot parts really worked well in that way - to show the importance of time.

I still don't know why the fireman had to be seen ogling a large-breasted woman though. That was weird. 

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Was that Mar-A-Lago? I thought it might be, but wasn't sure. I love the very specific vitriol and hatred Esmail has for Trump and how it shows up over and over again. 

I thought this was actually better than last week's episode. Last week was definitely tense, but this week felt like the best kind of ep of 24 - everything in real time, every minute mattering, everyone rushing to get to points and get something resolved, and all the plots concluded in a really satisfying way. I thought the Mr. Robot parts really worked well in that way - to show the importance of time.

I still don't know why the fireman had to be seen ogling a large-breasted woman though. That was weird. 

Yeah, there was a shot of the napkin with the name on it when Chang reached for his drink. These gag inclusions of Trump remind of when GWB was in office. A number of shows would include him in comical ways as well.

Speaking of Chang. I'm wondering if there is any sort of Elliott/Mr. Robot personality conflict between Whiterose and Chang.

Yeah, the time aspect worked well. But the fight was a bit too Fight Club for me. I know it's a big influence for the show, I just wasn't a fan of Elliott throwing himself around.

I missed the ogling.

Okay, so, it's pretty obvious that Mr. Robot was in fact aware of the broader plan to blow up all the E-Corp buildings, and in fact helped orchestrate it, right?

Edit: D'awww, no shit. 71 buildings  blew up because he distributed the paper records to 71 other buildings. That building didn't blow up because there were no paper records in it and Mr. Robot wanted to preserve them. Derp derp

Holy shit!

I totally missed the ogling and Mar-A-Lago. That makes this ep even better. (Mar-A-Lago, not the ogling) I'd like to see some of the carnage though. Maybe that's coming next ep.

Looks like Joey Badass next ep btw in the teaser, so that means something else is going to be settled soon.

So Whiterose was pretty much already in super villain territory, but this really seals it. Somewhat like the Joker from the Dark Knight on steroids. Does this mean whatever Angela saw was a big lie? (It was apparently a very convincing thing though, but there was room for it being a big fake in how it's been talked about)

So now due to the revolution being betrayed, it's possible Mr. Robot and Elliot may work together. It'd be really awesome if Elliot, Mobley, Trenton, and Angela all end up working together.

I think it's pretty clear now that just erasing the 5/9 hack will never set this world right again. 9/11 changed this country hugely, so I can't imagine what a huge terrorist attack like this would do. The show may blame Trump's election on it, but sadly we didn't need the attack in real life. Also, I believe Whiterose was trying to blame Iran for 5/9 a couple eps ago. Should be interesting how this fictional America reacts to all this. 

Oh, so anyone know why Tyrell cuffed himself before slipping away in the tunnel? I recall that he has the skill to slip cuffs, but wasn't sure why he did it here. I thought he was being instructed to light himself on fire btw and thought him crazy enough to do it. That scene really mirrored the scene with the CTO burning the money. 

Loved the fish and the mural, which was horrifying. Kind of a Fight Club callback.

Archived