(Spoilers) Mr. Robot final season

Mark Antony

On 12/8/2017 at 6:27 PM, RumHam said:

Yeah the Angela stuff was heartbreaking. I wonder if that was the Dark Army or the FBI that picked her up? I'm thinking the FBI. The Dom stuff was also great. Did not know the actress was Meryl Streep's daughter until today but now I can't un-see it.

I thought it was Price. Given his interest in her at the beginning and the kind of corporate van that came by, I thought he had come to help her out.

38 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I thought it was Price. Given his interest in her at the beginning and the kind of corporate van that came by, I thought he had come to help her out.

You're probably right. I caught a bit of an ad for the finale and it showed her in what seemed like a mansion-ish house, not an FBI office. I'm assume that Price is her mother's mysterious benefactor and probably her father.

12 hours ago, RumHam said:

You're probably right. I caught a bit of an ad for the finale and it showed her in what seemed like a mansion-ish house, not an FBI office. I'm assume that Price is her mother's mysterious benefactor and probably her father.

Good call. 

Thought that finale was amazing, and overall I think S3 might have topped S1 for me. All the scenes in the barn and at the wood pile were crazy tense, and everyone acted the shit out of this one. 

On 30-11-2017 at 9:54 PM, dooog said:

Not to piss in peoples cornflakes but I can't say i've enjoyed season 3 all that much, certainly not in the way people on this thread have.  It's definitely an improvement on S2 but miles away from S1. 

In a way it reminds me of Tarantino's work in the last 15-20 years in that too often the writing veers into self indulgent pretentious waffle territory. Both Tarantino and Esmail appear to have a very high opinion of their opinion.

I agree with you. Its s1, s3 and s2 in that order, for me at least.

The music playing while Whiterose's henchman's car was driving towards the barn sounded familiar, same time I was thinking the episode seemed really Tarantino-esque.  I think it's a Chinese version of that song "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" which of course is used in Kill Bill.

Found this cover of it by Betty Chung:

Doesn't quite sound like the same version as the one in this episode though.

2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

The music playing while Whiterose's henchman's car was driving towards the barn sounded familiar, same time I was thinking the episode seemed really Tarantino-esque.  I think it's a Chinese version of that song "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" which of course is used in Kill Bill.

Found this cover of it by Betty Chung:

Doesn't quite sound like the same version as the one in this episode though.

Found it on tunefind ,Cambodian version of Bang bang -

So, looks like Whiterose was right and they could go back and make everything like it was before 5/9. Naysayers be damned! Overall I liked the finale. I appreciated the twists concerning Romero's keylog. Also enjoyed Price's telling Angela that 5/9 and the events following it were just pettiness on the part of the 1%ers. We'll see how Elliott gets his revenge next season.

My two complaints are the reveal of Price being Angela's father and how conveniently Dom(or how predictable the barn scenes were) took the place of Santiago. First, I simply didn't like the reveal of Angela's parentage. I simply don't like incestuous casts of characters where characters seem to be related or long-lost friends, etc. The benefit to the reveal is it justifies Price's obsession with Angela these past seasons. As far as Dom and the events in the barn, it was all a bit too convenient. Santiago was dead weight, as was Whiterose's boytoy, and they were conveniently eliminated. I hope nobody was on the edge of their seats worrying for the fate of Dom, Darlene and Elliott. There was no suspense for me in those scenes.

Overall, big improvement over season 2 and almost on par with season 1.

8 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Excellent finale. I feel awful about Dom though, and she wasn't even one of my favorite characters before.

Not sure where this goes now. It's almost a clean slate, although Vera being back can't be good.

I guess that was Superman reversing time they were watching?

Yeah, it was superman reversing time. 

As to a clean slate - I don't think it quite is. Angela is now full on about retribution against Whiterose. Whiterose's plan is going forward. Elliot wants to take down the richest of the rich. Iran and the US may be at war. Dom is now in with Dark Army and desperately wants to get out of it. As the prostitute said at the end, only an act of god is going to change things back to the way they were. You can't just reverse things overnight, even if you want to. 

I think the show can go a lot of ways, but the thing I think they'll do is what Esmail is hinting at - namely, actually going after the ones who really run things. Going after a corporation and causing chaos doesn't hurt them, but does hurt everyone else, and Esmail appears to have had a massive epiphany after Trump's election. I think Elliot will too. 

And again HOLY FUCK THAT WAS A GOOD FINALE. 

Seriously, so many plot threads that they tied up, and gave closure to, and brought together in a way that made actual sense. Santiago, Dom, Whiterose, Mr. Robot and Elliot, 5/9, the keylog itself, Price and Angela, Irving - all had great threads that closed together. And Joey Bada$$ got yet another fucking awesome bit. 

Enjoyed it. My only complaints would be no Tyrell and the post-credits scene. I thought the Vera stuff in season one was the shows low point. One thing I'm a little confused about, if Elliot jumped out the window (or was "pushed" by Mr. Robot) what was his dad asking for forgiveness about in the movie theater flashback? Just burdening him with the knowledge of his illness?

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Enjoyed it. My only complaints would be no Tyrell and the post-credits scene. I thought the Vera stuff in season one was the shows low point. One thing I'm a little confused about, if Elliot jumped out the window (or was "pushed" by Mr. Robot) what was his dad asking for forgiveness about in the movie theater flashback? Just burdening him with the knowledge of his illness?

Yep. His dad was simply asking him to be forgiven that he was leaving. And Elliot didn't forgive him. Probably the same reason he started trashing things with the bat and jumped out the window. 

I'm not super thrilled with the notion of Vera coming back either, mind you. Though it's also one of the few loose ends that needs to be tied up.

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived