NFL Offseason: Trail of Tears or My Cousin Kirky

Manhole Eunuchsbane

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Beat Rodgers a couple of times in close games as well. I think he set the QB rushing record against the Pack in that playoff game a few years back.

And one of those GB games was the season opener after the other, where the Packers literally spent weeks working specifically on stopping his style/system.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, James Arryn said:

JS4P-

Granted that vision is his weakness, and always will be. But I think offsetting that with a normalized physical talent aspect is pretty misleading. From a reductionist POV he's a freak when it comes to physical ability. Best running QB, maybe ever, with one of the game's true cannons. 

Have to throw an opinion in on this comment. Have you ever seen Randal Cunningham play? His arm was second to none and he ran like a f*king deer ( a pointless stat, he also had a 91 yard punt!!). The only other QB that comes close to him, IMO, was Michael Vick.

Best season comparison

Cunningham 1990 - 942 yards rushing, 5tds....and 3500 yards and 30 tds passing, His best 5 years rushing averaged 655 yards per season

Vick 2002 rushed for 777 yds and 8 tds, passed  2900 yds and 16 tds. His best 5 years rushing averaged 798 yards!

Kaepernick -  2014 rushed for 639 yards 1 td ...passed for  3369 yds (in an pass happy era) and 19 tds.  His 5 year rushing avg is 460, considerably lower than the other two.

IMO he is far from the best rushing QB ever, not even close. 

BTW, as a Cowboy fan I hate the Eagles, and love animals so my opinion of these two is not biased. Colin is not in the same area code as these two.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

IMO he is far from the best rushing QB ever, not even close. 

The 49ers openly said they wanted him to save the running for the playoffs. His playoff game tape speaks for itself.

Also, when grading Kaep and his decline over the last few years, it's important to remember that he went from having an elite O-Line, above average skill players and a great head coach to having one of the worst O-Lines, worst skill position players and some creature called a Jim Tomsula. What QB wouldn't decline given that?

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

The 49ers openly said they wanted him to save the running for the playoffs. His playoff game tape speaks for itself.

Also, when grading Kaep and his decline over the last few years, it's important to remember that he went from having an elite O-Line, above average skill players and a great head coach to having one of the worst O-Lines, worst skill position players and some creature called a Jim Tomsula. What QB wouldn't decline given that?

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Brett Farve, Russell Wilson, Roger Staubach, great QB's elevate the talent around them......lol....I know I know, it's all debatable! It's Friday and I just felt like tossing that out there!

I will say I firmly do not think he is even close to top running QB ever though.

49 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Brett Farve, Russell Wilson, Roger Staubach, great QB's elevate the talent around them......lol....I know I know, it's all debatable! It's Friday and I just felt like tossing that out there!

Those guys are better though. Kaep was a great prospect who has failed to live up to expectations, but you shouldn't ignore what's happening around him. 

50 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I will say I firmly do not think he is even close to top running QB ever though.

You want to know how I know he is? Because I am the rightful Westeros Pick'Em Champion! And I'm slightly ahead of you in the NCAA bracket!

Eat it!!!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Westerosi Coast Gangster said:

Marty was a good coach, but his teams could never win "the big game'

I understand the argument, but they were 14-2 the year before, that wasn't the rationale that was used, and they replaced him with Norv Freaking Turner, who could never even really win the little games.

That's a pretty awful course of events.

20 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

I understand the argument, but they were 14-2 the year before, that wasn't the rationale that was used, and they replaced him with Norv Freaking Turner, who could never even really win the little games.

That's a pretty awful course of events.

yea Turner wasnt a better option than Marty, but that has always been the knock on his teams, along with Coaches like Andy Reid and Marvin Lewis 

Just now, JonSnow4President said:

IMO, there's a pretty huge chasm between the Jimmy Johnson/Jim Harbaugh's of the world, that are taking teams to Super Bowls, and the regular season warriors.  

Agreed. The Marty firing was bad, but it's not on the same level as the Johnson or Harbaugh firings. Those are truly next level.

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Agreed. The Marty firing was bad, but it's not on the same level as the Johnson or Harbaugh firings. Those are truly next level.

I don't disagree.  it's not on that level.  But it's not far behind, and the replacing him with Norv Turner adds a bit of horrendousness to it.

The thing about the Harbaugh scenario that IMO makes it the worst is that it wasn't just a 'let's fire this uber-successful coach who turned the franchise around' kind of fuck-up. I mean, that's nuts, sure...but at least it can be argued as a football decision if you feel the coach is getting stale or w/e. 

But when the Niners wasted an entire season sabotaging the coach and torpedoing the team's success, even that frail ghost of an argument goes away, and all that's left is ego and/or optics.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, Tywin et al. said:

Those guys are better though. Kaep was a great prospect who has failed to live up to expectations, but you shouldn't ignore what's happening around him. 

You want to know how I know he is? Because I am the rightful Westeros Pick'Em Champion! And I'm slightly ahead of you in the NCAA bracket!

Eat it!!!!!!!!!

If you are the rightful winner then why do I wear the crown???!?!?!!! I am gonna have to make up a fake crown and come across Lake Michigan to taunt you with it!

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, Tywin et al. said:

Eat it!!!!!!!!!

Actually, since you last posted, I am now slightly ahead of you! YOU LIKE THAT?

Joe Thomas weighing in on Colin Kaepernick being a distraction. I'd like to know what the fuck Joe Thomas knows about distractions. Hard to be distracted when you've won 47 games in your 10 year career, and you decided to stay in Cleveland rather than go play for a team with a chance to win.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Joe Thomas weighing in on Colin Kaepernick being a distraction. I'd like to know what the fuck Joe Thomas knows about distractions. Hard to be distracted when you've won 47 games in your 10 year career, and you decided to stay in Cleveland rather than go play for a team with a chance to win.

His team has had 2 of the biggest distractions of the past few years (Gordon/Manziel). 

2 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

His team has had 2 of the biggest distractions of the past few years (Gordon/Manziel). 

Yup, those distractions are what has kept Joe away from winning. Joe doens't know shit about winning in the NFL, so I'm not sure what authority he has to comment on the relevance of distractions or otherwise.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Yup, those distractions are what has kept Joe away from winning. Joe doens't know shit about winning in the NFL, so I'm not sure what authority he has to comment on the relevance of distractions or otherwise.

Because the best left tackle in the NFL has nothing to say because he plays on the most pathetic excuse for a football franchise this side of 2000. 

If you want to disagree, that's fine (I do because I would love for my team to have Kaep as a backup if it wasn't for salary cap constraints).  But don't say some BS like one of the best players in football "doesn't know how to win." This isn't family guy.

Archived