NFL Offseason: Trail of Tears or My Cousin Kirky

Manhole Eunuchsbane

2 hours ago, sperry said:

I'm pretty sure a fat long term contract with the guaranteed money Kirkey wants will cure things in a hurry.

Yes, and that's why their inclined to franchise him again and give him 34.5 mil. He'll never get that yearly in a contract, methinks. I guess a sort of reward for dealing with the front offices indecision.

After an excellent premier season of the Amazon show 'All or Nothing' featuring the Arizona Cardinals making the NFC Championship game it appears that the follow up will be mostly 'Nothing' with the St. Louis Rams. 

5 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

After an excellent premier season of the Amazon show 'All or Nothing' featuring the Arizona Cardinals making the NFC Championship game it appears that the follow up will be mostly 'Nothing' with the St. Louis Rams. 

Hey now, Hard Knocks showed us that Goff was going to be a bust. I knew it the moment he said he didn't know that the sun rises in the east.

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-execs-kaepernick-is-a-traitor-hated-as-much-as-rae-carruth/ar-AAiklKL

Hated as much as a guy who murdered his pregnant GF? Really? Do you morons even hear the sound of your own voices. Fucking ridiculous.

To be fair, it could also be because he's vegan.

9 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

To be fair, it could also be because he's vegan.

Lulz. I get the concerns these GMs have. In some markets there is no way this would fly, at least initially. I think at some point some teams QB situation will force a GM to take a chance on him. Whether or not the fanbase is accepting of this or not is mostly going to be determined by how well or poorly he plays.

16 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Lulz. I get the concerns these GMs have. In some markets there is no way this would fly, at least initially. I think at some point some teams QB situation will force a GM to take a chance on him. Whether or not the fanbase is accepting of this or not is mostly going to be determined by how well or poorly he plays.

Is it, though? Most people seem to have completely missed the fact that he was an average NFL starter last year (17th in rating, 23rd in QBR) despite coming back from 3 surgeries (and playing ~ 20 lbs underweight) and with just terrible talent around him.

Most seem to have pretty much written him off as being defined by the 9 game '15 season rather than every other year of his career, which suggests to me that once the anthem thing happened most people didn't really bother to notice how well or poorly he played at all.

But maybe many Americans being blinkered dumbshits when it comes a sales gimmick/slavery song is another issue Kaepernick wanted to bring attention to? 

On 4/1/2017 at 1:24 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-execs-kaepernick-is-a-traitor-hated-as-much-as-rae-carruth/ar-AAiklKL

Hated as much as a guy who murdered his pregnant GF? Really? Do you morons even hear the sound of your own voices? Fucking ridiculous.

The NFL is a dumb, evil organization filled with dumb, greedy people. So this doesn't surprise me at all.

On 4/1/2017 at 5:02 PM, James Arryn said:

Is it, though? Most people seem to have completely missed the fact that he was an average NFL starter last year (17th in rating, 23rd in QBR) despite coming back from 3 surgeries (and playing ~ 20 lbs underweight) and with just terrible talent around him.

Most seem to have pretty much written him off as being defined by the 9 game '15 season rather than every other year of his career, which suggests to me that once the anthem thing happened most people didn't really bother to notice how well or poorly he played at all.

But maybe many Americans being blinkered dumbshits when it comes a sales gimmick/slavery song is another issue Kaepernick wanted to bring attention to? 

If statistics/production were the only measurement then you might have an argument. Unfortunately in Kaps situation, you have character and leadership deficits that add serious concerns to General Managers thinking about adding him to a team. He was never someone who was great at motivating and leading a team and over the last few years he has regressed significantly in those areas. 

5 minutes ago, zelticgar said:

If statistics/production were the only measurement then you might have an argument. Unfortunately in Kaps situation, you have character and leadership deficits that add serious concerns to General Managers thinking about adding him to a team. He was never someone who was great at motivating and leading a team and over the last few years he has regressed significantly in those areas. 

He won the award players vote on for best teammate this past season. Every coach he's had has said he is their team's barest worker, and all about football. 

2 hours ago, zelticgar said:

I haven't heard he's anything special as a leader, but I have NEVER heard any character concerns from anyone football related.  I think he has an inappropriate view on when to discuss politics (many disagree), and views I don't agree with (whoop dee fucking doo), and isn't particularly good at reading a defense, but that doesn't mean he has legitimate character concerns.  

I think JA is using stats that don't reflect the reality of Kaepernick, but his argument is much more rooted in reality than trying to cast aspersions on Kaep's character. 

2 hours ago, James Arryn said:

He won the award players vote on for best teammate this past season. Every coach he's had has said he is their team's barest worker, and all about football. 

That said, that fro is fucking ridiculous. You rock a fro like that, you'd better have some theme music...

Tony Romo is retiring to enter broadcasting: http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/04/04/reports-tony-romo-retire-enter-broadcasting

I'm a little surprised but I did see this on Twitter:

Is this some kind of ploy? I doubt it but you never know. It's a sad day for sure because he was a really good player but an even better dude. He carried bad teams and put up great numbers and had a bunch of great comebacks. Those don't get remembered like the playoff botched snap or the picks against Washington and Denver. Ultimately, he's in the Hall of Fame for the Good but Not Great (stolen from The Boers and Bernstein show) but that's not too bad for an 2003 undrafted rookie QB who had a Tim Tebow like delivery*.

*It took them 3 years to fix his delivery and was why he was ready to challenge Drew Bledsoe in 2006.

35 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Tony Romo is retiring to enter broadcasting: http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/04/04/reports-tony-romo-retire-enter-broadcasting

I'm a little surprised but I did see this on Twitter:

Is this some kind of ploy? I doubt it but you never know. It's a sad day for sure because he was a really good player but an even better dude. He carried bad teams and put up great numbers and had a bunch of great comebacks. Those don't get remembered like the playoff botched snap or the picks against Washington and Denver. Ultimately, he's in the Hall of Fame for the Good but Not Great (stolen from The Boers and Bernstein show) but that's not too bad for an 2003 undrafted rookie QB who had a Tim Tebow like delivery*.

*It took them 3 years to fix his delivery and was why he was ready to challenge Drew Bledsoe in 2006.

I hope as time passes people come to realize that for a while Romo was a legit top 5 QB. That said, I'm not surprised that he's retiring, and hopefully this clears the way for the other starting quality free agency QBs to get signed.

21 hours ago, James Arryn said:

He won an award for "most courageous". Not the same as "best teammate". His actions on the sidelines and with the press do not point to someone who is "all about football". 

Sports Business Daily's John Ourand reports Tony Romo has a verbal agreement in place to join CBS Sports as the network's No. 1 game analyst.

Romo will reportedly replace Phil Simms as the color pair for Jim Nantz, although Ourand reports he does not want to call both Thursday night and Sunday games right off the bat. The NFL has made it clear networks must use their top team for the TNF broadcasts, a stipulation which prevented Mike Tirico from replacing Al Michaels full time on Thursday nights last season. Romo also had an offer from FOX Sports to replace John Lynch on the No. 2 team, but he did not want to wait behind Troy Aikman for the top spot. There is little chance CBS would be willing to offer Romo this kind of opportunity without assurances he is truly putting his NFL career behind him, which suggests his retirement is likely to stick.

I didn't realize Phil was on his way out. Thank god.

Archived