Endgame roles for all major characters (TV only)

Lucius Lovejoy

Jon - King or dead

Dany - Dies giving birth to Jons kid

Arya - Dies , marries Gendry or exploring the lands beyond Westeros

Sansa - Lady of Winterfell

Tyrion - Lord of Casterly rock 

Bran - Will continue as the last greenseer

Sam - Grand maester 

Littlefinger - Dead

Varys - Not a clue , maybe he continues as master of whispers 

Davos - Settles down somewhere 

Jaime - I think he will be the one to ultimately take down the Night King 

Cersei - Dies at the very end together with Jaime 

Gilly - Sams wife 

Bronn - Not a clue

Brienne - Probably continuing as bodyguard to Sansa

Jorah - Probably dies for Dany

Theon - Sacrificing himself for someone

Hound - Heroiacly Dies fighting WW

Melisandre - Dies fighting WW

Gregor - Dead

Euron - Dead

Yara - Dead

Ellaria and  sand snakes - Dead

Meera - Not a clue

Gendry - Lord of Storms end

Missandei - Dead

Grey Worm - Dead

Robin Arryn - Lord of the Vale

Pod - Dead

Edd - Dead

7 hours ago, LordImp said:

Jaime - I think he will be the one to ultimately take down the Night King 

Im interested in your reasoning for this prediction as it seems very unlikely, either in show or books. Jaime has no connection to the Nights King and his story is not linked with the WW.

I think, in order, the three most likely to kill NK are Bran, Jon and Arya.

Bran has greatest connection to the WW plotline and is potentially Azor Ahai/TPTWP (Im notconvinced its Jon or Dany for sure).

Jon is also linked with WW plot and many believe his is song of ice and fire and he will be main hero in final war.

Arya is far less connected to WW plot at this point in show than Bran or Jon, but if NK proves to be the main antagonist of series, then all Aryas list, training as assassin etc and plotline could lead to her taking him down.

Jaime seems unlikely.

4 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

Im interested in your reasoning for this prediction as it seems very unlikely, either in show or books. Jaime has no connection to the Nights King and his story is not linked with the WW.

Bran has greatest connection to the WW plotline and is potentially Azor Ahai/TPTWP (Im notconvinced its Jon or Dany for sure).

Jon is also linked with WW plot and many believe his is song of ice and fire and he will be main hero in final war.

Arya is far less connected to WW plot at this point in show than Bran or Jon, but if NK proves to be the main antagonist of series, then all Aryas list, training as assassin etc and plotline could lead to her taking him down.

Jaime seems unlikely.

Just a fun tought i have had . 

NK and WW enters Kings landing and Jaime burns the place down with wildfire. 

13 hours ago, LordImp said:

Sam - Grand maester

Gilly - Sams wife 

Aren't maesters celibate? In theory at least? 

Also, who will lead this anarchy? Jon and Daenerys's infant baby, Sweetrobin or Sansa? 

10 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Aren't maesters celibate? In theory at least? 

Also, who will lead this anarchy? Jon and Daenerys's infant baby, Sweetrobin or Sansa? 

I think Sam will give a fuck in the celibate.

I think it's likely that Jon survives and becomes king . It won't be a anarchy.

3 minutes ago, LordImp said:

I think Sam will give a fuck in the celibate.

I think it's likely that Jon survives and becomes king . It won't be a anarchy.

I don't understand that. 

Well... King Jon or anarchy... between a rock and a hard place, huh? 

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, Ian Dunross said:
  • Sansa - Joined the Silent Sisters

Curious about this one as it seemed to me that Sansa has become disillusioned with religion, magic, and fairy tales.  How do you think this will come about?

8 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

Jaime seems unlikely.

I'm with @LordImp and also have Jaime as the one to make the ultimate sacrifice to defeat the WW, though I believe he will die then instead of going back to die with Cersei (I believe she'll already be dead before the showdown).  My reasoning is that the final blow in a lot of memorable stories is not actually by the central hero - I think of the movie "Independence Day" and how it was Randy Quaid's alcoholic former fighter pilot that sacrificed himself to take out the alien ship in New Mexico, or hell even LOTR how Frodo didn't destroy the ring, but ultimately Sméagol got it and then fell in the fires of mount doom.  I keep coming back to the Jaime line "the things I do for love" and think an inversion of that - instead of crippling an innocent boy to save himself he sacrifices himself to save all of the innocents (can also apply with killing Cersei).  Would be a nice completion of his redemption arc, and would induce a lot fewer eye-rolls than Jon or Dany having an epic face-off with the NK.  Plus Jaime is unfit to and doesn't want to rule, so he'd make more sense to go out in a blaze of glory as there is nothing for him to do after the war is over and Cersei is dead.  I also have this nagging thought that the show-only S1 meeting between Jaime and Jon wasn't just a "get to know the characters" add in but could have some significance down the line.

4 hours ago, Jayc said:

Not sure its been mentioned.

The Hound will kill the Night King with Brienne's sword (Oathkeeper) and save the Kingdom

Nice ... I definitely think Hound, Arya, Jon and Davos will be involved in that final mission. Could well be the apparently least likely person Hound who does it (just re-reading part of AGOT where the Hound saves Ser Loras from the Mountain, and your theory certainly fits, and would be a great resolution of the Hound's character arc).

I think Jon ends up dead. That being the usual ending for characters who come back from the dead. Probably in a duel with the night king.

Littlefinger will die sitting on the Iron throne, killed by Sansa. 

I think Arya will be foiled in her attempt to kill Cersei by the Hound who will disable Arya then kill Cersei and die from wounds from Cleganebowl.

Tyrion will survive. Technically he is still married to Sansa. 

Who cares what happens to Danny?

On 5/9/2017 at 10:32 AM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Curious about this one as it seemed to me that Sansa has become disillusioned with religion, magic, and fairy tales.  How do you think this will come about?

Maybe she's tired of being used as a tool in the game.  She's not that smart and I don't think she will become a skilled player like some of her supporters would like to think so.  Joining the sisters is much similar to Aemon joining the Nw to prevent himself being used in the games of other people.  I find it laughable that people who have read the books actually think Sansa is queen material.  I can understand show only fans thinking that because HBO seems to want to please those people after the criticism that they got from the Sansa rape scene.  That the show's writers are sensitive to those fans does not please me but I am afraid that is the reality of the show reacting to the vocal few.

Jon- dead, dying heroically to end the long night as the prince that was promised. maybe has a child before hand.

Dany- maybe queen of westeros, but likely dead destroying source of WW power with her dragons dying around, myabe has jon's child before, maybe not. iffy on that.

sansa- rules as lady of winterfell, if she is pregnant by ramsay, then child inherits.

arya- either dies a tragic death as a slightly insane assassin girl, or marries gendry.

gendry- reappears unexpectedly (i mean we know he is coming back, but not in what way.) get legitmized and made lord of storm's end.

tyrion- lives, helps put the pieces of the realm back to together, all alone in the red keep.

Cersie_ killed by valonquar younger twin brother jaime, who finally finds the integrity inside to stop her madness.

jaime- kills cersie to stop her from pulling an aerys, then takes the balck, dies in a fitting tragic death redeeming himself.

davos- lives, takes a ship in the horizon, never returns.

melisandre- dead on the night king's sword

littlefinger- dies as someone who hates him sticks something very sharp into something very sensitive, then twists slowly. (fuking weasel)

varys- lives, retires to the quiet life in pentos

olenna- lives long enough to see vengeance dealt to cersie

gregor- killby his brother, the hound sandor.

sandor- dies killing his big brother, finally.

bran- binds himself to a weirwood, to forever watch over what remains of his family.

1. Tyrion Lannister- Hand of the Queen to Daenerys Stormborn
  2. Daenerys Targaryen - Queen of the Seven Kingdoms
  3. Jorah Mormont - First Ranger of the Night's Watch
  4. Samwell Tarly - Maester of Castle Black
  5. Craster's Son - a black brother serving the wall
  6. Jon Snow - Dragon excrement, he dies before the end
  7. Sansa - Lady of the Vale
  8. Arya - No role, she's dead after Gendry stabs her in the heart
  9. Robyn Arryn - Lord of the Vale
  10. Gendry - blacksmith at Castle Black, creator of Lightbringer, executioner of Arya Stark
  11. Drogon - He's doing just fine after a minor indigestion from eating Jon Snow

I think jon and dany will end up leading.

Cersei will die this season I think since I imagine the final season will be all about the white walkers being fought. She will likely either dye by dannies hand or jaime's. There is the small chance that she pulls an aery's and actually does it rather then surrender. She has come to far to lose the throne.

Bronn-Lives and finally gets a highborn wife.

I like the idea that jorah mormont joins the nights watch.

Jaime will likely die

I think beric and the hound die fighting the walkers.

-Sansa will likely live and be warden of the north

Tyrion will be hand of the king.

Davo's will likely live and then chill after a hard life. Maybe have a place at court.

Arya will likely play a part with jon (no not like a cersei and jaime thing)

I think bran will die after he see's meera die to save him.

Theon dies and yara either is killed by euron or rules the iron isles.

Vary's will essentially keep his current position as spy master.

I think grey worm and that girl with dany die.

On 3/15/2017 at 7:26 PM, Cas Stark said:

He's already undead, is he really going to go on to live some kind of 'normal' life as a zombie? Seems more likely that if one of the big 3 is going to sacrifice themselves, it will be Jon.  

I've thought she was as good as dead also, but the show making her such a central part of this coming season, according to the leaks, opens the door to her beating the prophecy and living to the end.  

George will kill Arya because that's how he rolls.  

How is jon undead? He was brought back. Gregor was like a zombie.

On 3/19/2017 at 11:11 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

Jon and Dany on the iron hrone? You're a really brave person, let me tell you that. Around here this thought process is almost sacrilegious.

In the books I think it would be very unlikely that they both survive and rule. But the show is alot more upbeat (not saying much but still) especially in the recent seasons. I think jon dying to save everyone would be way too cheesy and the same with dany. Given the fact they are making new game of thrones series They need to keep the fans happy and tv shows and books are very different in terms of what people will stomach in terms of being depressing. The whole joffrey and sansa bit in the show was alot more mild then in the books. It is harder to watch characters we are attached to on TV be hurt so much and makes people stop watching. People complain that they tone it down but if they didn't they would lose a ton of viewers.

Jon and dany are two of the most loved characters on the show. (I didn't say the most loved but up there). I think they will live.

It's a little hard to tell which way the show will go over final two seasons, though the last two would suggest that it's going to finish in a very Hollywood way, regardless of what George actually had in mind.

here's the problem. I think it's only a small portion of the fan base who actually DON'T want a fairly standard Hollywood style ending, but something much greyer and more original. Ask most fans and the explanation they give as the ending they hope for will be pure Hollywood.

And D&D are under some pressure to give their audience what it wants, so that the majority feel satisfied at the end of the series.

it would be truly wonderful if they can come up with a mostly original, unique ending that is unexpected (but also makes some sense with the story being told) for most of the characters, but I just can't see that happening.

-Tyrion and Sansa together alive and well. A baby Lionwolf is needed as Tywin thought, it should prevent two families from conflicts in future. This goes in toilet if she is pregnant by Ramsay in typical Bolton fashion, but I don't think so. I think they said bittersweet, not psychosweet.

-Littlefinger dead. Can't see him survive, guy is seen by everyone as what he is except little Robin, but when the latter finds out who stopped his breastfeeding, will make him fly.

-Red Woman- Really can't tell. 

-Arya will live and probably fuck Gendry, now that she comes of age and Baratheons need to survive, can't see other reasons why Gendry is back tbh. They don't have a role in saving the world.

-Hound/ Brotherhood will fight the most important war and honestly don't see them survive.

-Jaime kills Cersei. Jaime survives. 

-Afterwards Daenerys sits on her beloved Iron Throne. Gonna have to find herself a proper man, don't think Jon is eager to bang his aunt. She must fight the undead to save her kingdom, she'll survive.

-Jon Snow defeats the NK and survives. Cold and winter is all he knows so stays there. 

-Edmure ends up running Riverlands. Arya would kill all the Freys, but don't think she'd kill her baby cousin half Frey, who knows. 

-Bran won't be a wood, that much we know. A huge part in fighting the NK along with his cousin. Legit heir to rule Winterfell afterwards, they'll have no trouble find a solution with his cousin Jon Snow.

-Varys survives and does what he knows best for his new queen. 

-Jorah, Brienne, etc. can't really say.

Archived