Endgame roles for all major characters (TV only)

Lucius Lovejoy

17 hours ago, snow is the man said:

In the books I think it would be very unlikely that they both survive and rule. But the show is alot more upbeat (not saying much but still) especially in the recent seasons. I think jon dying to save everyone would be way too cheesy and the same with dany. Given the fact they are making new game of thrones series They need to keep the fans happy and tv shows and books are very different in terms of what people will stomach in terms of being depressing. The whole joffrey and sansa bit in the show was alot more mild then in the books. It is harder to watch characters we are attached to on TV be hurt so much and makes people stop watching. People complain that they tone it down but if they didn't they would lose a ton of viewers.

Jon and dany are two of the most loved characters on the show. (I didn't say the most loved but up there). I think they will live.

Endings for them wil be same or very close to it stated by D&D. So, if you're saying they probably won't make it in the books, same will happen on the show. Dany dying in childbirth is apprently for fans beneath her even if this is exactly her theme, children and motherhood, mirroring her mother but anyway. Sacrifice is cheesy, but then ending with them together on iron throne is not?

Jon and Dany are most loved characters especially within the show fans but that does not mean they'll make it because of it. If they're going  to do this, it's because George wanted it this way, but at this point I have my serious doubts over this.

15 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Endings for them wil be same or very close to it stated by D&D. So, if you're saying they probably won't make it in the books, same will happen on the show. Dany dying in childbirth is apprently for fans beneath her even if this is exactly her theme, children and motherhood, mirroring her mother but anyway. Sacrifice is cheesy, but then ending with them together on iron throne is not?

Jon and Dany are most loved characters especially within the show fans but that does not mean they'll make it because of it. If they're going  to do this, it's because George wanted it this way, but at this point I have my serious doubts over this.

They are doing ALOT of spin offs and killing off favorites is not a good idea to get people to watch them. And yes both are cheesy but I don't see them going any other way. Dany will likely rule since it has been building up to it. And the tyrells have no heirs,the lannisters are completly out of the question (with the very very small chance of tyrion being a political match),there are no baratheons except gendry and noone else knows who he is except davos,dorne as we know it from the show is only women,so unless they make up a character for her to marry I don't see any real political options

11 hours ago, snow is the man said:

They are doing ALOT of spin offs and killing off favorites is not a good idea to get people to watch them.

They¨Ll do most likely one at the time, foure at the same time is too much even for them. Spin offs has nothing to with it whether they'll kill them or not. Plot dictates it, if plot demands they'll do it. People know that this show is as realistic as it can get, people die.

And yes both are cheesy but I don't see them going any other way. Dany will likely rule since it has been building up to it. And the tyrells have no heirs,the lannisters are completly out of the question (with the very very small chance of tyrion being a political match),there are no baratheons except gendry and noone else knows who he is except davos,dorne as we know it from the show is only women,so unless they make up a character for her to marry I don't see any real political options

They were not building Dany to rule mor to conquer and save the world. This is their destiny and give hope to others whether by winning the war or having a child as the future.

You know that child is very likely and that means fuure is secured for Targaryen legacy or them as characters. Then one of the mor both are killable same way Rhaegar and Lyanna were. In fact Dany can rule with her child, raising him or Jon. It could end up the way they've been raised by Tyrion or Sansa for example. So many options. She doesn't even have to marry anyone because she can make herchild legit, Jon presumably too if he gets the power and be acknowledged as legit Targ.

- Jon rules the north and is married to Sansa.

- Jaime somehow got rid of Cersei and marries Dany. Jaime would be suitable consort for Dany.

- Dany rules the  7 Kingdoms (except the North..maybe)

- Cersei dies. Jaime kills her maybe out of mercy to put her out of her misery or just to end the madness she is causing.

- Tyrion gets Casterly Rock and will be playing a huge part in making Jaime/Dany match happen.

-Arya marries Gendry and they will be the Lord and Lady of Storm's End.

- Littlefinger dies.

- Theon dies. Sadly, but he has suffered too much :(

- Sweetrobin without his crazy mother and Littlefinger will grow up to be a fine Lord. He is not a lost case and under Sansa's protection he will have a new chance.:) 

- Bran I think will live, but I don't know where or even what he'll be.

6 minutes ago, Sansa Snow said:

- Jon rules the north and is married to Sansa.

- Jaime somehow got rid of Cersei and marries Dany. Jaime would be suitable consort for Dany.

- Dany rules the  7 Kingdoms (except the North..maybe)

- Cersei dies. Jaime kills her maybe out of mercy to put her out of her misery or just to end the madness she is causing.

- Tyrion gets Casterly Rock and will be playing a huge part in making Jaime/Dany match happen.

-Arya marries Gendry and they will be the Lord and Lady of Storm's End.

- Littlefinger dies.

- Theon dies. Sadly, but he has suffered too much :(

- Sweetrobin without his crazy mother and Littlefinger will grow up to be a fine Lord. He is not a lost case and under Sansa's protection he will have a new chance.:) 

- Bran I think will live, but I don't know where or even what he'll be.

Don't think Jon is willing to do his cousin.

43 minutes ago, Sansa Snow said:

There is nothing strange about marrying a cousin in Westeros.

It's just Jon who doesn't strike me as one who'd do his cousin, add he thinks of her as sister and vice versa, which is worse. If they find out the truth it won't change that in any case.

@Sansa Snow while I have no problem with a Jon/Sansa pairing (it disgusts me but literally anything is better than a Jon/Dany love story, whether or not it is tragic), I am wondering how Arya would feel about it - she and Sansa always had tension and she and Jon were close.  Any thoughts on how this materializes?

Also, I'd be surprised but fine with Jaime and Dany, but everything seems to be pointing to Jaime/Brienne or Jaime dying alone.  How do you see this match coming about?

1 hour ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

@Sansa Snow while I have no problem with a Jon/Sansa pairing (it disgusts me but literally anything is better than a Jon/Dany love story, whether or not it is tragic), I am wondering how Arya would feel about it - she and Sansa always had tension and she and Jon were close.  Any thoughts on how this materializes?

You're asking Jonsa fans to care about Arya's feelings? Nice! Personally, it would make zero narrative sense if George were to go down that route. The bond you describe Jon & Arya having speaks volumes and again, if GRRM were to head down that cousin-marriage road with the Starks it would most likely be with Arya & Jon. 

1 hour ago, DutchArya said:

You're asking Jonsa fans to care about Arya's feelings? Nice! Personally, it would make zero narrative sense if George were to go down that route. The bond you describe Jon & Arya having speaks volumes and again, if GRRM were to head down that cousin-marriage road with the Starks it would most likely be with Arya & Jon. 

1 hour ago, DutchArya said:

I agree 100% as far as books go, but in the show I don't see D&D going down the romantic route between Jon and any of the Starks. It's too close for comfort for a tv show and I think would upset too much of their fan base (not to mention you'd have the idiot groups protesting because of imagining the show is "promoting" incest - typical pc bullshit that limits freedom of expression).

I just can't see Jon/Arya or Jon/Sansa being any more than pure brother/sister type platonic relationship on the show, even if in the books the feelings are more complicated than that.

2 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

I just can't see Jon/Arya or Jon/Sansa being any more than pure brother/sister type platonic relationship on the show, even if in the books the feelings are more complicated than that.

Agreed.

4 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Personally, it would make zero narrative sense if George were to go down that route. The bond you describe Jon & Arya having speaks volumes and again, if GRRM were to head down that cousin-marriage road with the Starks it would most likely be with Arya & Jon. 

Agreed.  I haven't read enough forum posts to understand where the JonSa shipping comes from in the first place, so I'm genuinely curious about how people come to that conclusion - not critical, just curious.  Personally I don't like the idea of Jon ending up with anyone but Val, but considering there is no Val on the show and Arya/Sansa/Dany are the only seemingly available options (I don't think Asha/Yara or Lyanna are in the running) I would take anything over Dany.

Well, if you really think about it ... GoT can only end in two ways if the show really wanna create that epic legacy and not go down the LOTR-way of good versus evil!

Either NK or Littlefinger ends up on the throne.

My guess is Littlefinger. I also believe that he will bring some form of democracy to Westeros.

6 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

It's just Jon who doesn't strike me as one who'd do his cousin, add he thinks of her as sister and vice versa, which is worse. If they find out the truth it won't change that in any case.

I don't think Jon ever loved Sansa like a sister and Jon was always just a bastard half-brother to Sansa.

3 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I think they were just normal siblings who didn't get along because they had nothing in common and disliked everythig the other one loved, But deep down they still of course loved each other and these years they have spent apart have only made it clearer to them. But I do think that when they meet again it might be difficult to them, they are not the same anymore and both of them have gone through a lot of things and they might not jump in each others arms right away, but in time they will be family again.

I don't think Arya would have anything against them marrying, it would only be beneficial for the Starks and Jon would secure his right to rule north. If Jon wants to marry Sansa then why would Arya be against it? Are you implying that she would be jealous of losing Jon to Sansa? They were the closest of the Stark siblings when they were children, siblings often are inseparable when they are young but then they grow up and eventually life will separate them. If Jon doesn't marry Sansa then he will marry somebody else. Same with Arya, someday she'll fall in love and find someone to replace Jon.

4 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Also, I'd be surprised but fine with Jaime and Dany, but everything seems to be pointing to Jaime/Brienne or Jaime dying alone.  How do you see this match coming about?

I'll admit that the Dany/Jaime pairing is mostly just my wishful thinking, but I really think it might actually happen. In my opinion out of all the Lords in 7kingdoms Jaime would be the best husband for Dany. If Dany doesn't die and takes the Iron Iron throne, then she'll need a husband and who would be better suited for her than Jaime. She will need a husband who would not feel intimidated and emasculated by her position. Jaime would have no problem letting her wear the crown. He has no desire for power and no interest in ruling himself. Not to mention he is exactly her type, flashy, arrogant and brave. Jaime could slowly start turning against Cersei or maybe kill her when she is about to do something crazy, but eventually Cersei will be out of the picture and then the only Lannisters left are Tyrion and Jaime. Tyrion killing Tywin might have had a negative impact on their brotherly relationship, but I think they will make peace with each other. Then the Targaryens (with Tyrions help) will make peace with the Lannisters who are lead by Jaime. Then Dany will take Jaime as husband and Tyrion can have Casterly Rock. Now everyone is happy and Jaime won't have to die, yay! Jaime is one of my favourite characters and I fear for his life:unsure:

17 minutes ago, Konstatera said:

Well, if you really think about it ... GoT can only end in two ways if the show really wanna create that epic legacy and not go down the LOTR-way of good versus evil!

Either NK or Littlefinger ends up on the throne.

My guess is Littlefinger. I also believe that he will bring some form of democracy to Westeros.

I can see LF with a sliced throat. He is a treacherous no good cunt and everyone knows it. He should be a Houdini to get away alive, yet sitting on the throne! 

Even NK stands a better chance.

3 minutes ago, Sansa Snow said:

I don't think Jon ever loved Sansa like a sister and Jon was always just a bastard half-brother to Sansa.

Didn't say "love", but I said "think". For them it was always a fact they are relatives.

Stannis didn't like Robert and vice versa, but acknowledged him as a brother and respected the way things go. Not comparing this relationship to Jon/Sansa, just add that feelings are not that important to all people, but they know what kind of relation suits them better due to circumstances.

Don't think they'll do another Jaime/Cersei, that is reserved for them.

The show tends to give everyone a certain unique quality/skill set with fairly simple motivations. The books have far more complexity for each individual main character (and even many secondary characters).

The show doesn't like repeating a lot of the same qualities or storylines for main characters. This is why we only have one incest pairing, one Stark who is a warg, etc.

57 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

I can see LF with a sliced throat. He is a treacherous no good cunt and everyone knows it. He should be a Houdini to get away alive, yet sitting on the throne! 

Even NK stands a better chance.

What is the point of slicing his throat? There's no doubt that Littlefinger is a bad guy, but one thing we do know is that GRRM has explained that good and bad is all about the point of view in his story. Littlefinger may not think of himself as bad like the majority of us do. Maybe all the chaos is necessary in order for him to remove the feudal system entirely? Dany, Jon or anyone else on the throne would not really be a victory for most people.

There is a reason why the TV-show is called Game of Thrones. The best player will get rewarded, and that is certainly Littlefinger. It's not impossible by any means that things goes this way. Think about it. If Sansa don't rebel against Jon Snow, her arch is more or less already over.

She will ally with Littlefinger. While Danys army surely will be weakened by the fight against The Others, the throne is up for grabs.

Littlefinger winning the game would for sure be the most mesmerizing ending possible!

Cercei killed by Jaimie

Tyrion and Sansa warden of the North

Arya turned into a WW killed by Jon

Jon dead or leave Westeros

Danaerys leave Westeros heading to Valyria

Sam kill Gilly son with Heartsbane, either gives Heartsbane to Jon, or fail to kill Night King and Jaimie pick the sword and kill Night King. eventualy he become Maester in Kings landing

Jaimie kill Cercei and Night King. he become hero of the realm (him or Sam = Azor Ahai). King of Westeros.

Davos hand of the king

Brienne cant kill Jaimie and die in the fight protecting Jaimie vs Night King.

The Hound dead vs WW

Theon killed by Euron, Yara killed by Sand snake

Varys ruler in Essos

Littlefinger killed by Sansa

Bran Bloodraven

correction Gilly gonna kill her son or herself with Heartsbane. Sam cant do it

On 5/26/2017 at 1:56 AM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Agreed.

Agreed.  I haven't read enough forum posts to understand where the JonSa shipping comes from in the first place, so I'm genuinely curious about how people come to that conclusion - not critical, just curious.  Personally I don't like the idea of Jon ending up with anyone but Val, but considering there is no Val on the show and Arya/Sansa/Dany are the only seemingly available options (I don't think Asha/Yara or Lyanna are in the running) I would take anything over Dany.

i honestly think that people prefer JonSa because of a shallow reason like: Sansa is the "prettier" than Arya, but that is my humble opinion...i mean there is no chemistry or any political benefit for JonSa happening (if they married for love, then ok.... but as i said they don't have chemistry and they're not each other's type to begin with)

On 5/26/2017 at 2:20 AM, Sansa Snow said:

I don't think Arya would have anything against them marrying, it would only be beneficial for the Starks and Jon would secure his right to rule north. If Jon wants to marry Sansa then why would Arya be against it? Are you implying that she would be jealous of losing Jon to Sansa? They were the closest of the Stark siblings when they were children, siblings often are inseparable when they are young but then they grow up and eventually life will separate them. If Jon doesn't marry Sansa then he will marry somebody else. Same with Arya, someday she'll fall in love and find someone to replace Jon.

if jon marries sansa, then it means that even JON, the only person who always thought of arya as his #1, the person who he DIED for, the person who thought of Arya as his heart and home, prefers Sansa over Arya. And that wont be the same if he marries someone else.

It would ruin Jon and Arya's dynamic, people would focus on Jonsa. All the feelings that Jon and Arya had for each other through out the books would go for a waste if GRRM went for JonSa. 

Furthermore, Jon and Sansa simply have no chemistry and they aren't each other's type either. Jon likes warrior women (like Val, Ygritte, Alys, Arya) while Sansa is interested in men like Sandor. 

Also when Jon dies for Sansa, then we'll talk.

On 5/26/2017 at 2:20 AM, Sansa Snow said:

pffff so wrong. Jon loved Sansa as a sister, the same way he loved Bran and Rickon. His favourites were Arya and Robb and even Jon admitted that he missed Arya more than he missed Robb.

He remember fondly of Sansa, the same way he thought of rest of his sibs EXCEPT for Arya which he thought way more of.

Archived