Lucius Lovejoy

Endgame roles for all major characters (TV only)

108 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Arya was said to survive in the original outline, favourite of George's wife (don't mean much but still) but writting series post ASOIAF but then George would have to finish it. Let's be honest, at this point many of fans give up that books will never be finished and show will give us ending. Considering show could go but hopefully won't go different way.

I think for the principal characters--Starks, Dany, Lannister siblings--the endings will be exactly the same in the show as in ASOIAF. For the Pods and Bronns of the story, I suspect GRRM hasn't given D&D any guidance as to where they end up (based on Werthead's description of the 2013 meeting with GRRM), so D&D are on their own there. 

Even if the story about GRRM planning a post-ASOIAF Braavos story with an adult Arya is untrue--I heard it from the user Prince_Cade on Reddit--it seems unlikely that GRRM ever planned on killing off Arya. 

Sansa shares more traits with Elizabeth than Jon does. Jon is only bastard as Elizabeth were. Good article about it. 

http://history-behind-game-of-thrones.com/warofroses/sansa-elizabeth-of-york

As far as I know, Elizabeth of York was never a bastard. Elizabeth I, although her parents were married at the time, was retroactively declared a bastard when Henry VIII had his marriage to Anne Boleyn annulled.

Also, Sansa has no claim to the throne, which is the reason Henry Tudor married Elizabeth of York. A better Elizabeth of York figure, assuming Jon as the Henry Tudor figure, would be Myrcella, Shireen, or even Dany herself.

7 minutes ago, Newstar said:

I think for the principal characters--Starks, Dany, Lannister siblings--the endings will be exactly the same in the show as in ASOIAF. For the Pods and Bronns of the story, I suspect GRRM hasn't given D&D any guidance as to where they end up (based on Werthead's description of the 2013 meeting with GRRM), so D&D are on their own there. 

Even if the story about GRRM planning a post-ASOIAF Braavos story with an adult Arya is untrue--I heard it from the user Prince_Cade on Reddit--it seems unlikely that GRRM ever planned on killing off Arya. 

I sure as hell hope so but some people are sceptical if D&D given that George might or might not finish this saga. It looks to me, and Iam not the only one that George fall out of love with ASOIAF or is no no rush to finish it because show will do it for him or he simply doesn't care too much for it. Either way, yeah Sandor for example is clearly evidence George himself is in the dark where his arc will go. Because I doubt wight hunt witll be a thing in the books among other things. I do wondr for example with Cersei, how is her arc gonna end because show totally omittted valonqar part of prophecy and now people don't know what will happen with her in the books.

As far as I know, Elizabeth of York was never a bastard. Elizabeth I, although her parents were married at the time, was retroactively declared a bastard when Henry VIII had his marriage to Anne Boleyn annulled.

Also, Sansa has no claim to the throne, which is the reason Henry Tudor married Elizabeth of York. A better Elizabeth of York figure, assuming Jon as the Henry Tudor figure, would be Myrcella, Shireen, or even Dany herself.

I am not the best expert of English history but I thought Elizabeth of York was declared a bastard. I always view Sansa as the closest out of main characters to Elizabeth of York. Dany is closest to  Henry Tudor exiled, heri to ancient dynasty, reclaiming England and Westeros etc. Although ,Jon shares some parallels with him too. Much like in Lord of the Rings Jon and Bran shares parallels with Frodo or Jon with Gandalf elements of being reborn, Dany and Jon with Aragorn. Jon Northemen ,descendant of ancient house, guarding realms. Dany was even compared with her dragons to Aragorn and Andúril by George. Either way, not like George will copy the ending of War of Roses but just funny tidbit about characters and where the inspirations came from.

Elizabeth of York was declared a bastard by her uncle Richard III, when he usurped the throne from the prince(s) in the tower by claiming Edward and Elizabeth Woodville's marriage was not lawful;  Henry Tudor and Parliament then undeclared the same and made her legitimate again.

Sansa can't be Elizabeth of York unless she marries the king, thus, uniting Westeros again.  

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Elizabeth of York was declared a bastard by her uncle Richard III, when he usurped the throne from the prince(s) in the tower by claiming Edward and Elizabeth Woodville's marriage was not lawful;  Henry Tudor and Parliament then undeclared the same and made her legitimate again.

Sansa can't be Elizabeth of York unless she marries the king, thus, uniting Westeros again.  

Sansa can't be Elizabeth of York because she has no claim to the throne. If ASOIAF's succession struggle is going to end with a marriage uniting competing claims, it will be between Targs. My guess? Jon marries Dany, Dany dies birthing the heir, and Jon never remarries.

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I do wondr for example with Cersei, how is her arc gonna end because show totally omittted valonqar part of prophecy and now people don't know what will happen with her in the books.

It could be that she gets valonqar'd in the show just as in the books and that D&D only left out that part of the prophecy because it was too obvious.

Edited by Newstar

57 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Sansa can't be Elizabeth of York because she has no claim to the throne. If ASOIAF's succession struggle is going to end with a marriage uniting competing claims, it will be between Targs. My guess? Jon marries Dany, Dany dies birthing the heir, and Jon never remarries.

No, it¨s not just a claim but her character and what George took as inspiration. You got plenty of detailed in depth analysis on how Elizabeth and Sansa are a lot alike, unlike Jon. Not meaning just gender. Who knows maybe Sansa marrries Jon and we'll be totally wrong. :dunno:

It could be that she gets valonqar'd in the show just as in the books and that D&D only left out that part of the prophecy because it was too obvious.

Like Tyrion obvious? Jaime gets off to fight white walkers. He's pretty much done with her, that leaves Tyrion or Arya. I have to include Arya because valonqar like prince is in the prophecy gender neutral.

18 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

No, it¨s not just a claim but her character and what George took as inspiration. You got plenty of detailed in depth analysis on how Elizabeth and Sansa are a lot alike, unlike Jon. Not meaning just gender. Who knows maybe Sansa marrries Jon and we'll be totally wrong. :dunno:

Like Tyrion obvious? Jaime gets off to fight white walkers. He's pretty much done with her, that leaves Tyrion or Arya. I have to include Arya because valonqar like prince is in the prophecy gender neutral.

Arya, Tyrion and Jaime are all either in the north or headed north as of the end of Season 7. They'll all be fighting the WWs one way or another. One of them is going to have to track south again to deal with Cersei. I don't see why it couldn't be Jaime as easily as Tyrion or Arya.

The show seems to have built up more of a connection between Cersei and Arya, so she could be the one.

Edited by Newstar

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:59 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Queen Elizabeth I also wasn't a virgin, but was still referred to as the Virgin Queen for choosing not to marry or have children as she was married to her country and her subjects were her children.

We have no conclusive evidence to proof whether Queen Elizabeth was technically a virgin or not. It all remain speculation to historians as whether she lose her virginity to Robert Dudley, Thomas Seymour, or other dudes.

• Jorah - Lord Commander of the Night's Watch
  • Tyrion - Hand of the Queen to Daenerys Targaryen
  • Daenerys - Queen of Westeros and Essos
  • Gendry - Lord of Storm's End
  • Arya - Dead in the Riverlands
  • Jon - Dead, fertilizing the Gift after he was eaten by Drogon and came out digested at the other end
  • Sansa - Joined the Silent Sisters
  • Bran - Green Seer
  • Samwell - Maester at the Wall
  • Dolorous Edd - Dead
  • Bron - Died of frostbite
  • Jaime - Died with Brienne in Casterly Rock