How do you think jon snow will come back. Personally I see blood magic involved

snow is the man

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Ā 

Exactly.Ā 

Also, remember that by the end of ADWD, everyone except the reader thinks or highly suspects Dany is dead, too. It is talked about, questioned orĀ claimed she is dead by everyone from common tavern folk to Baaeistan to the other Meerennese nobles.Ā 

Jon ain't ded-dead.Ā 

30 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

That isn't correct. It was told at the PL that Stannis is dead, it wasn't a common knowledge.

Melisandre will learn of that letter and search him to her flames. Since she can't see him in her flames, she will believe that he is truly dead.

6 minutes ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

Melisandre will learn of that letter and search him to her flames. Since she can't see him in her flames, she will believe that he is truly dead.

How she will learn about the letter? And the news about the battle will not be known?

35 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

She already knows about the letter. Jon read it out loud in the Shield Hall.

I don't recall that. If it was like that then the people wouldn't knew what "Ramsay" was planning about attacking the Wall?

47 minutes ago, Beren_One_Hand said:

Didn't Jon have the letter on him when he was stabbed? If so, she will search his body and discover it.

I am not sure that his pockets will be one of the important things.

11 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I don't recall that. If it was like that then the people wouldn't knew what "Ramsay" was planning about attacking the Wall?

I am not sure that his pockets will be one of the important things.

Jon in the Shieldhall. I quote:

A flash of red in the back of the hall caught Jon's eye.Lady Melisandre had arrived. "But now I find I cannot go to Hardhome. The ranging will be led by Tormund Giantsbane, known to you all. I have promised him as many men as he requires."

"And where will you be, crow?" Borroq thundered. "Hiding here in Castle Black with your white dog?"
Ā 
"No. I ride south." Then Jon read them the letter Ramsay Snow had written.
Ā 
End Quote
Ā 
Immediately after reading the letter announcing Stannis's death, Melisandre hastily leaves the room. No doubt to go and consult her fires in distress. And guess what, she isn't going to see him in the flames. Setting up the perfect scenario for her to do something drastic to bring him back. Like burning Shireen.

1 hour ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Jon in the Shieldhall. I quote:

A flash of red in the back of the hall caught Jon's eye.Lady Melisandre had arrived. "But now I find I cannot go to Hardhome. The ranging will be led by Tormund Giantsbane, known to you all. I have promised him as many men as he requires."

"And where will you be, crow?" Borroq thundered. "Hiding here in Castle Black with your white dog?"
Ā 
"No. I ride south." Then Jon read them the letter Ramsay Snow had written.
Ā 
End Quote
Ā 
Immediately after reading the letter announcing Stannis's death, Melisandre hastily leaves the room. No doubt to go and consult her fires in distress. And guess what, she isn't going to see him in the flames. Setting up the perfect scenario for her to do something drastic to bring him back. Like burning Shireen.

As I said before I wasn't recalling that. In any case I don't believe that it will change anything,I don't belive thatĀ Mel will be the one who will revive Jon.Ā 

14 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

As I said before I wasn't recalling that. In any case I don't believe that it will change anything,I don't belive thatĀ Mel will be the one who will revive Jon.Ā 

Perhaps the Show gave us its essence, without explaining the hidden depths behind it.

Perhaps Mellisandre will try, but will only succeed in reviving his body. His spirit will be missing. She will not understand why, and will think she failed. Then Bran will return his spirit from Ghost, into his now healed body. So he will not be a Beric or Catelyn. But a reborn Jon Snow.

Ā 

9 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Perhaps the Show gave us its essence, without explaining the hidden depths behind it.

Perhaps Mellisandre will try, but will only succeed in revive\ing his body. His spirit will be missing. She will not understand why, and will think she failed. Then Bran will return his spirit from Ghost, into his now healed body. So he will not be a Beric or Catelyn. But a reborn Jon Snow.

Maybe. I however believe that when someone else, Theon, will be executed in front of a weirwood and his blood will be used by the Old Gods to revive Jon.

1 minute ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Maybe. I however believe that when someone else, Theon, will be executed in front of a weirwood and his blood will be used by the Old Gods to revive Jon.

Yes, that is not mutually exclusive with my theory. I think that will be the second part. The spiritual resurrection. Because from Varamyr's point of view we learn that it is not possible to return from your Second life back into your original body. And yet that is clearly what will happen to Jon. And for that a pretty powerful spell will no doubt be required. One powered by blood magic.

But that will only return him to his body. Another spell will be needed to heal his physical wounds to make his body functional again. And that is where Fire magic has demonstrated its power multiple times. With Catelyn, Beric and even to a degree with Victarrion's hand.

10 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Yes, that is not mutually exclusive with my theory. I think that will be the second part. The spiritual resurrection. Because from Varamyr's point of view we learn that it is not possible to return from your Second life back into your original body. And yet that is clearly what will happen to Jon. And for that a pretty powerful spell will no doubt be required. One powered by blood magic.

But that will only return him to his body. Another spell will be needed to heal his physical wounds to make his body functional again. And that is where Fire magic has demonstrated its power multiple times. With Catelyn, Beric and even to a degree with Victarrion's hand.

In that case I can actually see it, Mel treating the wounds and Bloodraven the spirit.

4 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Do you think Ghost will survive?

On 3/10/2017 at 3:31 PM, snow is the man said:

Alright my theory is the red woman will use the lives of those who murdered jon to bring him backĀ  to life. And since it will be three lives he will be stronger. I think a piece of him stayed with his wolf and that is what will allow him to come back. My crazy theory is he will come back a bit messed up and more violent since he had been part of a wolf for a time with his human body dead. I believe this was mentioned by that wildling skin changer in his POV.

I figure Jon's resurrection will be a culmination of the other forms of resurrection we've seen.

• Like Drogo, his body will be healed by blood magic.
  • Like Veramyr his soul will survive in Ghost.
  • Liker Beric and UnCat, his body will be reanimated by the Red God.

By themselves, each method creates only a partial resurrection with flaws, but together they will allow for a true and complete return from death. I don't think we'll see it until the very end of Winds of Winter though. He'll spend most of that novel dead or dead-ish.

Archived