TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I have never in my life made an appointment at the hairdresser's. I walk past, if they have time, great, if not, I will come some other time.

The last time or two I had my hair cut, my aunt did it anyway.

And I would nevervgive that much money for a haircut. My hair is not that important.

I suppose there is a reason I have had the same hairstlye for the past 10 years or more.

I think they mostly do that only in Italy. It is definitely not the norm in Slovenia or Austria.

And ummm ... what is a "facial"? :idea: 

Wow. Well, I guess you do save a lot of money and if you like your hair style of ten years, that's a double win. 

And a facial is... well, a facial treatment. :eek: 

18 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Tipping is a way of life here.  Some people don't tip, there are always jerks. But I saw many restaurants in Europe add a service charge, for example, to a bill. It is weird not to tip when in Europe.

Facials and other beauty items are far, far more expensive in a big city like the one I live in. I won't frighten you by telling you what I pay for a manicure and pedicure. :lol: 

Ok...a facial at the salon I go to will be $100 to $145, or up to 100 euros.

Yeah, that's expected. People can afford a higher price there. That's a wise decision, please don't tell me. I would just start calculating the difference between the living standard here and there and who needs that kind of stress in their life. :lol: 

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Wow. Well, I guess you do save a lot of money and if you like your hair style of ten years, that's a double win. 

I do not know if I really like it or I am just used to it and do not usually think pf changing it.

I am a horrible barbarian, am I not? :leaving:

30 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not know if I really like it or I am just used to it and do not usually think pf changing it.

I am a horrible barbarian, am I not? :leaving:

No, why would you be? If that's what you like, just go with it. 

Three more days and it's weekend again. *sigh* 

I will check it out. 

I had that plan to go to the vodka bar after work, get drunk and run off with a stranger. Once again I find myself yearning to go through with it. We would go to Bhutan or Burma and work on a rice farm and have babies. Or we would go to Abu Dhabi or Manama and live in an oriental palace and adopt a baby panther... 

Ugh, I thought I could extend the lease on my car for another year but now they're saying I can't so I've got the added stress of having to try and sort out a new one before I go on holiday as the day I have to drop it back is while I'm away so it's going to have to go back early.

5 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I will check it out. 

I had that plan to go to the vodka bar after work, get drunk and run off with a stranger. Once again I find myself yearning to go through with it. We would go to Bhutan or Burma and work on a rice farm and have babies. Or we would go to Abu Dhabi or Manama and live in an oriental palace and adopt a baby panther... 

Do it. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life.

And today I first overslept (set the alarm wrongly last night) and then got into the wrong tram and only noticed it when it turned into the other direction a few stations later.

At least I can sleep an hour longer tomorrow.

On the bright side, it is spring and the supernatural entity and I had a lovely walk near the river.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Do it. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life.

I won't :( 

But my friend wants to go on a vacation so now we are planning a late spring rural England trip. Does anybody have any suggestions or recommendations, by any chance? *puppy eyes* 

53 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I won't :( 

But my friend wants to go on a vacation so now we are planning a late spring rural England trip. Does anybody have any suggestions or recommendations, by any chance? *puppy eyes* 

What kind of things are you looking to do while you are here? Go walking/hiking or see tourist attractions? The Lake District is very nice. I can give proper recommendations if you are more specific

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

What kind of things are you looking to do while you are here? Go walking/hiking or see tourist attractions? The Lake District is very nice. I can give proper recommendations if you are more specific

I would gladly do a hike or a walk for a day or two, for the rest of the time it'd be seeing a couple tourist attractions and visiting cutsie villages/small towns. At least that's what we were thinking of how we can make that happen is a different story. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I would gladly do a hike or a walk for a day or two, for the rest of the time it'd be seeing a couple tourist attractions and visiting cutsie villages/small towns. At least that's what we were thinking of how we can make that happen is a different story. 

Hmm. Lake District is probably a good idea then. It's all beautiful but try either Keswick or Windermere imo. They're more tourist-y but still have their charm for now. 

Will you be hiring a car? If you are you should consider somewhere in or near the Highlands of Scotland. Beautiful scenery but you'll need to drive to get out and do stuff

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Go to the Lake District or Peak District, parts of Wales and Scotland are also lovely, go to the Scottish Isles if you have time, whatever you do though avoid London, it's an overrated cesspit of a city.

2 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hmm. Lake District is probably a good idea then. It's all beautiful but try either Keswick or Windermere imo. They're more tourist-y but still have their charm for now. 

Will you be hiring a car? If you are you should consider somewhere in or near the Highlands of Scotland. Beautiful scenery but you'll need to drive to get out and do stuff

I will check out Lake District opportunities, thanks for the recommendation. 

No car, I sure won't attempt to drive on the left side of the road and I don't suppose my friend would be up to it either. 

21 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Go to the Lake District or Peak District, parts of Wales and Scotland are also lovely, go to the Scottish Isles if you have time, whatever you do though avoid London, it's an overrated cesspit of a city.

No, I won't be going to London, I've been there twice and now the goal is to see the countryside. I wasn't a huge fan of tourist London. I'm sure it's different if you're a local. 

Project skinny jeans, progress report no. 3 (I think):

The old bootcut jeans now feel weird. When I look in the mirror, I also understand what the supernatural entity meant by saying the skinny ones make me look better.

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

The old bootcut jeans now feel weird. When I look in the mirror, I also understand what the supernatural entity meant by saying the skinny ones make me look better.

:D 

Seriously though I'm glad you like wearing them now. I never wear anything else these days, unless I need to dress more formally. Skinny jeans go with almost anything. I prefer darker colours (blacks, greys, very dark blue)

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:thumbsup:  glad to hear they worked out for you. 

Today I witnessed a highly intelligent and work appropriate conversation among a couple co workers about thongs. Is that like standard stuff to talk about at your desk at work in other places too? 

Archived