TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

9 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That's the only spanking tradition I know of. 

Yes, you can do it as an adult too. I dont feel like I have to do it at all, but I sort of maybe want to, so I might one day (when there's no sort of and maybe, just the want to part).

...are you still talking about spanking there? :leer:

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

THIS. This was baaaaaad idea. My office is gone and I'm too stupid to get it back without having to pay a hundred dollars.

Try LibreOffice? It's perfectly adequate for my needs, though I don't do anything fancy.

6 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Studying is going absolutely abysmal, but Saga Vol. 7 arrived in the mail

Ooh, yay! (about Saga, not the studying - I hope that gets better!)

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh. I always thought if Christmas as having de-religiosified itself (I just made up that word, deal with it B) ) much more than Easter and everything else with all the secularised gift-giving and trees and whatnot.

Hmm... from a non-religious perspective, I've generally seen Christmas as the more important Christian holiday, but perhaps that's just because it's more important as a secular holiday while still having strong connections to religion. For us, Easter is basically just about eating chocolate eggs on a long weekend, so I guess there's a much bigger difference in importance as seen by Christians and non-Christians.

1 hour ago, felice said:

Ooh, yay! (about Saga, not the studying - I hope that gets better!)

Hmm... from a non-religious perspective, I've generally seen Christmas as the more important Christian holiday, but perhaps that's just because it's more important as a secular holiday while still having strong connections to religion. For us, Easter is basically just about eating chocolate eggs on a long weekend, so I guess there's a much bigger difference in importance as seen by Christians and non-Christians.

Have you read it yet? I'm only two chapters in but I already need someone to talk to about it :P

Yeah, same for me.

35 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

I got the new saga in the mail. Need to read it

Let me know what you think about it.

30 minutes ago, felice said:

No, it'll go in my next order, but I won't actually get it in my hands till some time next month :(

Shame :( OTOH you've waited a year, you can last a few weeks longer :P It'll be worth the wait.

10 hours ago, felice said:

That is my point: it is more important as a secular holiday. You will not see as many mainstream family movies praising 'the magic of Easter' as you do with Christmas. Those representations and gift-giving and going to Christmas markets are completely secular. I suppose I just do not know of any secular Easter traditions being practised widely around my places to overshadow the religious aspects.

Instead, you will get a report on the pope's mass or something.

(Btw, if that was not clear, I am not a Christian either.)

Okay this is funny. Or at least educational. 

There's a new reality show I think which comes with lots of billboards featuring a huge female ass in thong or a couple in swimsuit lewdly making out on a beach or a lewd lady facing the camera. Now about 80% of graffiti in the city is political (support this - this is stupid - you are stupid - no you are / this person is evil - no you are evil - no you are - no you are / etc) but some surprisingly wise person actually decided to be constructive about their graffiti and sprayed white paint on the not child friendly parts of these posters and wrote "there are children here" on them. It's interesting because I never exactly picked up on how inappropriate that commercial is as we are all sort of used to that kind of stuff on tv and social media and basically everywhere, but yeah, this person is actually right, I mean is there no regulation for the content of these billboards? There was a political billboard last year featuring a giant hand giving a middle finger. I mean, can you put anything up? 

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

There's a new reality show I think which comes with lots of billboards featuring a huge female ass in thong or a couple in swimsuit lewdly making out on a beach or a lewd lady facing the camera. Now about 80% of graffiti in the city is political (support this - this is stupid - you are stupid - no you are / this person is evil - no you are evil - no you are - no you are / etc) but some surprisingly wise person actually decided to be constructive about their graffiti and sprayed white paint on the not child friendly parts of these posters and wrote "there are children here" on them. It's interesting because I never exactly picked up on how inappropriate that commercial is as we are all sort of used to that kind of stuff on tv and social media and basically everywhere, but yeah, this person is actually right, I mean is there no regulation for the content of these billboards? There was a political billboard last year featuring a giant hand giving a middle finger. I mean, can you put anything up?

*fighting temptation*

*fighting temptation*

*gives in*

Within reason. I recommend lube though

:leaving:

17 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

*fighting temptation*

*fighting temptation*

*gives in*

You can never pay enough attention to choosing your words, can you? I should think twice before saying anything in front of you and your dirty minds, people :lol::P 

Happy Easter, my loyal subjects.

17 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That's actually pretty interesting, yeah. Although I don't see many billboards or much graffiti here.

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

*fighting temptation*

*fighting temptation*

*gives in*

Don't fight it, you're making the board a better place.

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I learned that  'khal' means vinegar in Arab. That shines a new light on our favourite Dothraki leader.

Khal is an altered version of Khan which means king. GRRM often alters real life names and title with a letter or two to make it original (Oberoyn, Jonaos, sier, Daario, Robb etc) 

Archived