TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

Today was a shitty day because of more than one reason:

1. The weather. WTF, who gave permission for this.

2. I am supposed to give a presentation for work tomorrow, and I learn of this today because my boss messed up months ago (she was supposed to give the presentation and agreed to it a long time ago, but forgot about it and planned something else for the same time slot, so just threw it on me in the last minute)? :angry: Without any preparation, not knowing how this is supposed to look like, NOTHING? I am so done with this job. Just when I was already leaving the office today, the organiser of the event tomorrow called and said he will not be there either ... but you will be fine, sure you will find somebody to help you out ... What kind of organisation is this? This is worse than my home faculty, and that says something. :tantrum:

3. On the way home, there was a traffic accident and I needed to walk a few tram station in this shitty weather - wind and snow.

4. Can I just already get my period and get this month's ordeal over with?

Well, because of the annoyances outlined in the previous post, I need a distraction. Be leery.

4 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Buck is learning. I like it.

:leer: I am always so eager to learn, you know that, boy king.

21 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Today was a shitty day because of more than one reason:

1. The weather. WTF, who gave permission for this.

2. I am supposed to give a presentation for work tomorrow, and I learn of this today because my boss messed up months ago (she was supposed to give the presentation and agreed to it a long time ago, but forgot about it and planned something else for the same time slot, so just threw it on me in the last minute)? :angry: Without any preparation, not knowing how this is supposed to look like, NOTHING? I am so done with this job. Just when I was already leaving the office today, the organiser of the event tomorrow called and said he will not be there either ... but you will be fine, sure you will find somebody to help you out ... What kind of organisation is this? This is worse than my home faculty, and that says something. :tantrum:

3. On the way home, there was a traffic accident and I needed to walk a few tram station in this shitty weather - wind and snow.

4. Can I just already get my period and get this month's ordeal over with?

1. Putin, obviously. 

2. Intern life. 

3. We shall protest. 

4. Tell us when the Rumor can start again. 

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

1. Putin, obviously. 

2. Intern life. 

3. We shall protest. 

4. Tell us when the Rumor can start again.

1. Obviously. :rolleyes:

2. I am so happy this is ending this week. (*Not so happy leaving Vienna and the supernatural entity.)

3. Oh, I forgot we had an organisation for this. Where is my local PISSED (what did that mean again?) office to file a complain with? @Eyron should probably know.

4. Nah, not the time for rumours yet. There is still a few days before it is start to panic :P , I just hate those few days when you don't know when it's going to happen and you expect it every hour. It used to be way more regular a few years ago, not sure what happened now ...

Okay, SORRY for TMI. I will show myself out.

:leaving:

16 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

1. Obviously. :rolleyes:

2. I am so happy this is ending this week. (*Not so happy leaving Vienna and the supernatural entity.)

3. Oh, I forgot we had an organisation for this. Where is my local PISSED (what did that mean again?) office to file a complain with? @Eyron should probably know.

4. Nah, not the time for rumours yet. There is still a few days before it is start to panic :P , I just hate those few days when you don't know when it's going to happen and you expect it every hour. It used to be way more regular a few years ago, not sure what happened now ...

Okay, SORRY for TMI. I will show myself out.

:leaving:

@Eyron was abducted by aliens. It is known. 

And apparently you've been possessed by one too talking, in public, about the details of your cycle. Are you sure you are Buckwheat? :o 

34 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

@Eyron was abducted by aliens. It is known. 

And apparently you've been possessed by one too talking, in public, about the details of your cycle. Are you sure you are Buckwheat? :o 

*checks ID* Yep, me. :P

I think it was the late hour rather than your complaining that killed the thread. 

The only reason why I would try out working in the UK Or the US (other than money, of course) is to find out if the corporate world is like the corporate world here. And if it is, the fault lies with me and I'm truly a grandma stuck in a twenty something body. But honestly, if this is a world wide standard, I was born into a wrong age and I need a one way ticket to 1817. 

10 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I think it was the late hour rather than your complaining that killed the thread. 

The only reason why I would try out working in the UK Or the US (other than money, of course) is to find out if the corporate world is like the corporate world here. And if it is, the fault lies with me and I'm truly a grandma stuck in a twenty something body. But honestly, if this is a world wide standard, I was born into a wrong age and I need a one way ticket to 1817. 

I am afraid I do not understand this post. Could you elaborate?

Just now, Buckwheat said:

That would be very long and very boring. Let's just say I don't exactly feel like I fit into this organization culture and truth be told I don't even want to. I'm perfectly content being a nerdy introvert and I have no desire to be the kind of person who discusses completely inappropriate topics over lunch at work in front of workmates they've known for two weeks. And I'm pissed about the team building too. So so so very pissed. Well, one month to go and I'm out of here and hopefully I'll like my next job more. 

In any case, I watched the new PLL episode last night. Wow, that stuff never ceases to amaze me. It never ever fails to get worse. Every time you think it can't get worse, it does! Funniest thing in the world, I died laughing last night. :rofl: 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

It's just one of Rhae's stream-of-consciousness posts :P

I have a pretty important exam tomorrow but a party I can't miss tonight. The student's dilemma... (or not really, I'm choosing the party).

11 minutes ago, Nymeria10k said:

Good day, people!

Wow, it's been a long time since I was last here.. I'm not sure if anyone will even remember me. XD but I see a lot of familiar faces. Howdy :)

How is everyone doing?

Wow, Nym! :grouphug: Good to see you again. It's been like two years, where have you been? How are you doing?

10 minutes ago, Nymeria10k said:

Good day, people!

Wow, it's been a long time since I was last here.. I'm not sure if anyone will even remember me. XD but I see a lot of familiar faces. Howdy :)

How is everyone doing?

Of course we remember you. Nice to see you around.

I'm doing fine, thanks, shitty job, still looking for a flat. But keeping calm (appart from occasional tantrums) and carrying on. How have you been, Nym? 

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

That would be very long and very boring. Let's just say I don't exactly feel like I fit into this organization culture and truth be told I don't even want to. I'm perfectly content being a nerdy introvert and I have no desire to be the kind of person who discusses completely inappropriate topics over lunch at work in front of workmates they've known for two weeks. And I'm pissed about the team building too. So so so very pissed. Well, one month to go and I'm out of here and hopefully I'll like my next job more. 

In any case, I watched the new PLL episode last night. Wow, that stuff never ceases to amaze me. It never ever fails to get worse. Every time you think it can't get worse, it does! Funniest thing in the world, I died laughing last night. :rofl: 

I wouldn't say it's universal (though some industries are going to be more prone to it than others). But in a lot of cases you'd probably need to look for small businesses for the kind of workplace you want.

Although I'm not so sure...are you opposed to workplace friendships? Or just the superficial relationships formed in 2-3 weeks? Because I'd say you're more likely to experience closer workplace relationships in a small business, but likely to have more autonomy and input into day-to-day activities. Whereas big businesses you're likely to have lesser workplace relationships and more defined boundaries of what you can/cannot do in your role.

But I'm speaking from a theoretical perspective here. I've had jobs in the past of course but only part-time casual stuff. Though even there, working in a chain of retail stores was very different from a pub/restaurant. 

TL:DR - work is tricky and I don't know what I'm talking about

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh, there are a few of us who are content being nerdy introverts. Unfortunately the job market does not like us.

So you are starting something new next month! Exciting, good luck!

3 hours ago, Nymeria10k said:

Good day, people!

How is everyone doing?

Nyyyyyyyyyym! :grouphug: Of course we remember you! Tell us how you are doing!

I just survived the presentation I ranted about yesterday.

One more day of the internship to go. :commie:There were moments I did not know I would survive it.

One more week of Vienna to go. :crying: 

4 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Wow, Nym! :grouphug: Good to see you again. It's been like two years, where have you been? How are you doing?

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Of course we remember you. Nice to see you around.

I'm doing fine, thanks, shitty job, still looking for a flat. But keeping calm (appart from occasional tantrums) and carrying on. How have you been, Nym? 

Nyyyyyyyyyym! :grouphug: Of course we remember you! Tell us how you are doing!

One more day of the internship to go. :commie:There were moments I did not know I would survive it.

One more week of Vienna to go. :crying:

I'm bad at quoting and stuff so bear with me... I'll reply altogether XD

FOMNEEEEEEEY! RHAE! BUCKY! It's lovely to see you all <3 Yeah I believe it's been at least two years, maybe longer! :o I've been at uni mostly and dealing with life.. I graduated, had a job for a year and now I'm finishing off my LPC Masters. Hard work XD. Went through a really nasty breakup yesterday, was dating a guy (online) for 2 months and it all went to shit. And today's my birthday so it's been kinda rough, but I'll be fine, I've survived way worse XD

how are you all?? :grouphug:

Rhae, your situation doesn't sound nice.. but you got this!

Buck, it sounds like you're doing really well for yourself, so well done! Aww, are you gonna miss Vienna?

It's so nice to see everyone again!! I've missed a lot lol

Edit: I spy a Helena! How's the law stuff going? :D 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I wouldn't say it's universal (though some industries are going to be more prone to it than others). But in a lot of cases you'd probably need to look for small businesses for the kind of workplace you want.

Although I'm not so sure...are you opposed to workplace friendships? Or just the superficial relationships formed in 2-3 weeks? Because I'd say you're more likely to experience closer workplace relationships in a small business, but likely to have more autonomy and input into day-to-day activities. Whereas big businesses you're likely to have lesser workplace relationships and more defined boundaries of what you can/cannot do in your role.

But I'm speaking from a theoretical perspective here. I've had jobs in the past of course but only part-time casual stuff. Though even there, working in a chain of retail stores was very different from a pub/restaurant. 

TL:DR - work is tricky and I don't know what I'm talking about

I'm not against work friendships but I'm perfectly content without discussing the sex life and toy use of colleagues (including my manager) who I'm not close friends with over lunch in front of a new starter who's been at the company for two weeks. I mean boundaries...? I personally wouldn't discuss such with anyone other than super close friends and my partner, but then maybe that's the introvert part. Well, I suppose I'm just so disappointed in this job that I perceive every annoyance enhanced. 

6 minutes ago, Nymeria10k said:

I'm bad at quoting and stuff so bear with me... I'll reply altogether XD

FOMNEEEEEEEY! RHAE! BUCKY! It's lovely to see you all <3 Yeah I believe it's been at least two years, maybe longer! :o I've been at uni mostly and dealing with life.. I graduated, had a job for a year and now I'm finishing off my LPC Masters. Hard work XD. Went through a really nasty breakup yesterday, was dating a guy (online) for 2 months and it all went to shit. And today's my birthday so it's been kinda rough, but I'll be fine, I've survived way worse XD

how are you all?? :grouphug:

Rhae, your situation doesn't sound nice.. but you got this!

Buck, it sounds like you're doing really well for yourself, so well done! Aww, are you gonna miss Vienna?

It's so nice to see everyone again!! I've missed a lot lol

Edit: I spy a Helena! How's the law stuff going? :D 

Im sorry about that breakup Nym, it's pretty difficult especially near birthdays or Christmas or anything you would otherwise celebrate together. Glad to hear the law studies are going well though! Good luck with your msc, you'll rock it! 

Nah, it's really not that bad, I just like to complain. It's a transitional period which is never easy, but it should be over by the end of this year, so it's fine. 

Oh, there are a few of us who are content being nerdy introverts. Unfortunately the job market does not like us.

So you are starting something new next month! Exciting, good luck!

Nyyyyyyyyyym! :grouphug: Of course we remember you! Tell us how you are doing!

One more day of the internship to go. :commie:There were moments I did not know I would survive it.

One more week of Vienna to go. :crying: 

Nothing is fixed yet, unfortunately, hopefully application processes will close by that time, but my current contract does expire in a little more than a month so it will be over. In truth I wouldn't mind if I had a week or before I can start at the new place as I will need some time to *fingers crossed* move house and maybe go on vacation for a few days (if I start a new job I can't take vacation days for three months). 

Ah, I'm sorry your Vienna time will be over. Do you already have a plan for what you are going to do? 

Archived