TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

On ‎22‎-‎4‎-‎2017 at 9:44 AM, RhaenysB said:

I don't want to goooooo.

I bet we'll all be piss drunk in five hours. 

I was drunk an hour before you posted that. But I've sobered up and am ready to enjoy my week off. (I'll be reading, drinking and playing Pokémon before visiting Spain for three days, score).

Hello Spammers!

It is I, the Bear who wouldn't be King (for precisely this reason.) How you all doing?

I went into a book store today to get Fool's Quest as I had fallen behind the series. Alas, they didn't have a copy, despite her doing a books signing at that very shop next Sunday. So I picked up this little heard of book, by small time author Patrick Rothfuss, I do so love to support emerging talent.

12 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I was drunk an hour before you posted that. But I've sobered up and am ready to enjoy my week off. (I'll be reading, drinking and playing Pokémon before visiting Spain for three days, score).

You were drunk at 8.45am? Still or already drunk? 

And we are back at work... life is glorious... I should stop being so wretched, right? I know, I know... 

18 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Hello Spammers!

It is I, the Bear who wouldn't be King (for precisely this reason.) How you all doing?

I went into a book store today to get Fool's Quest as I had fallen behind the series. Alas, they didn't have a copy, despite her doing a books signing at that very shop next Sunday. So I picked up this little heard of book, by small time author Patrick Rothfuss, I do so love to support emerging talent.

Hobb is in the U.K? :o I feel an urge to travel North... Guess that means she won't be here after the new book is released then.

You know Rothfuss is, um...slow at completing his series, right?

13 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hobb is in the U.K? :o I feel an urge to travel North... Guess that means she won't be here after the new book is released then.

You know Rothfuss is, um...slow at completing his series, right?

Shell be in London on the 3rd:

http://harpervoyagerbooks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/robin-hobb-tour-5.jpg

And yeah I know he's slow. Probably because he's appearing on every single D&D show I watch.

15 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Much obliged

Spoiler

Is the building on the cover supposed to be Clerres or what that land is called?

And a little Bee. :wub: 

I forgot this book was coming so soon. I do not know when it will be on sale in the Old Bucktown.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:
  Hide contents

Is the building on the cover supposed to be Clerres or what that land is called?

And a little Bee. :wub: 

I forgot this book was coming so soon. I do not know when it will be on sale in the Old Bucktown.

That's what i assumed yes. 

Do you read them in English? I feel like you told me this before because I remember something about weird translations. Or maybe that was on the literature forum 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Ah, that explains everything. 

Feeling good feels good. 

Also that, yes. But in times of discontent, if there's nothing we can do about the situation, we'll have to make do with bitching. (Also, it's basically this thread's lifeblood, isn't it? :P

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

That's what i assumed yes. 

Do you read them in English? I feel like you told me this before because I remember something about weird translations. Or maybe that was on the literature forum 

Yes, I read them in English. Just the Farseer trilogy is translated into Slovene, and it does not work with names I feel.

But my Finnish friend says she reads them in Finnish, and she says the translation is fine there.

I am sitting in the park and there was just a bird fluttering angrily in the tree above me. I hope I don't get pooped on again.

On the other hand, yay free time. I finished with the internship. I now have a week mostly off. :) Some friends are coming to my place in the evening for some sort of a goodbye party - not officially named so.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, I read them in English. Just the Farseer trilogy is translated into Slovene, and it does not work with names I feel.

But my Finnish friend says she reads them in Finnish, and she says the translation is fine there.

I am sitting in the park and there was just a bird fluttering angrily in the tree above me. I hope I don't get pooped on again.

On the other hand, yay free time. I finished with the internship. I now have a week mostly off. :) Some friends are coming to my place in the evening for some sort of a goodbye party - not officially named so.

Yay for the end of the internship. Are you staying traveling home then? 

Have a fun party! :cheers: and drink something strong for me :D 

6 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yay for the end of the internship. Are you staying traveling home then? 

Have a fun party! :cheers: and drink something strong for me :D 

I am going back on Friday. Not all that happy about it, all things considered. There will be things to be missed.

I did not drink anything strong. It was a tame party, just five people chatting mostly.

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am going back on Friday. Not all that happy about it, all things considered. There will be things to be missed.

I did not drink anything strong. It was a tame party, just five people chatting mostly.

Yeah there are always things to miss when you move, but I'm sure lots of cool new things await you too. 

Well, I hope you had a nice time anyways. 

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Rise my friend.

Hello everyone I'm back from my travels and ugh what a welcome, it's grey and it started hailing earlier, how are you all?, what's been going on?.

hello LS, did you convert the world during your travels? Has everybody joined the dark side? 

A very important lesson for everybody who ever who ever plans on starting a family: never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever, I mean NEVER EVER send your 14 year old child to public school away from home to live in a public dorm away from home. It is NOT going to be fun. (Or if you do, make sure you don't give a shit about them so it's not stressful) 

Archived