TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

12 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

For some reason I had in my head she was 16/17 when she moved out. I don't know why. 

I think 16/17 year olds are often pretty stupid and make stupid mistakes, it's a process of growing up to do stupid things you come to regret. Unfortunately your sister doesn't seem to have much opportunity for people to point out the stupid stuff she is doing, by the sounds of it. 

Hopefully she grows out of it though. A lot of people do, at least in my experience.

My only vice is drinking, and mostly I'm responsible about that. Ocassionally I decide to avoid my problems by getting drunk but I'm always aware I'm hiding from rather than solving my issues. 

My dad smokes and I hate it so much. I won't even get into the car with him unless he promises not to smoke while I'm in the car with him. 

Also the area where I live always stinks of weed because we are quite a student-heavy area so of course it does. Pretty sure the smell must be clinging to my clothes at this point *sigh*

Nope, she started 9th grade, the first year of high school when she moved. Of course she is home every weekend, but that's hardly enough as it seems. Yeah, that's what I hope, that it's just a phase and she will grow out of it. 

Yeah Same here. I drink with friends/family when there's an occasion or sometimes at home when I feel like having a nice glass of wine or I'm just stressed. 

One of my grandfathers smoked and it ended up killing him, indirectly, but still. 

I never had anything to do with weed and I'm perfectly fine with that. I know a handful of people who smoke weed... their choice, they are adults. 

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I did not have anything excitibg to add. I am at my grandmother's.

How was your return home? Nice? Not nice? Any plans for summer? 

Just add something boring. That's what I always do too. 

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

How was your return home? Nice? Not nice? Any plans for summer? 

Just add something boring. That's what I always do too. 

Relatively uneventful. Sad. I am feeling post-Erasmus depression sinking in.

Plan for summer is Helsinki. :) Hope that works out.

And your plans?

34 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

And your plans?

I hope that goes away soon. Never experienced it myself. 

What will you be doing in Helsinki? 

That's one huge question mark. Maybe moving house, maybe going on a vacation or two, stuff like that. 

5 minutes ago, The King in Black said:

So , what's been happening here ?

1 minute ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Heyall !! *hides away again*

well look at you strangers. 

Not much has been happening here, what's been happening with you guys? 

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

That's one huge question mark. Maybe moving house, maybe going on a vacation or two, stuff like that. 

Well I just came back from hell :D

Worst semester in my life! Never have i studied that much in a semester before  and yet i am still praying that i will pass all the courses in the semester. I only have two exams tomorrow which seems so few compared to all the things i had yesterday! Now i am studying Deutsch for the first time this semester and hope that i won't screw up that much tomorrow. :D

42 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Hey , I'm always gonna be with you guys. Whenever ya'll wake up screaming from your nightmares it is me ya'll shall have seen  Also , be gentle with your sister. She's suffering from the Young Idiot Syndrome. Its pretty common at this age and god knows 16 yr old me has contributed his fair share to lowering the world's IQ with this dumbness , but it'll pass too and she'll be a mature responsible adult one day. Especially with one like yourself watching over her 

31 minutes ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Worst semester in my life! Never have i studied that much in a semester before  and yet i am still praying that i will pass all the courses in the semester. I only have two exams tomorrow which seems so few compared to all the things i had yesterday! Now i am studying Deutsch for the first time this semester and hope that i won't screw up that much tomorrow. :D

You got it !! YOU GOT IT !!

22 minutes ago, The King in Black said:

Hey , I'm always gonna be with you guys. Whenever you'll wake up screaming from your nightmares it is me you'll shall have seen  Also , be gentle with your sister. She's suffering from the Young Idiot Syndrome. Its pretty common at this age and god knows 16 yr old me has contributed his fair share to lowering the world's IQ with this dumbness , but it'll pass too and she'll be a mature responsible adult one day. Especially with one like yourself watching over her 

Thank you !  I will do my best. :D 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

And your plans?

Hey i have seen that word in my Deutsch book ! and hope that feeling goes away as soon as possible !

Oh hai people! Welcome back!

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

You never did an Erasmus, right? :P You could not have.

I am visiting a friend and going to World Con. I hope it works out. The immediate future is so unsure now that I cannot even believe something is fixed for August already.

How is the flat search going then?

1 hour ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

You shall pass! :D

Good luck with Deutsch. Where are you again, if I might ask? English has been your only language till now?

31 minutes ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Thank you !  I will do my best. :D 

Hey i have seen that word in my Deutsch book ! and hope that feeling goes away as soon as possible !

Which word?

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You shall pass! :D

Good luck with Deutsch. Where are you again, if I might ask? English has been your only language till now?

Which word?

Thank you ! :D 

I am still in Egypt, land of "civilization". And actually I know 4 languages till now:  Arabic, English, French and now i am learning Deutsch because i am in GUC (German university in cairo), so it is obligatory to take survival level Deutsch. I am taking so many languages for someone who doesn't know how to study languages tbh . :D

Erasmus is the word ! 

10 minutes ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Thank you ! :D 

I am still in Egypt, land of "civilization". And actually I know 4 languages till now:  Arabic, English, French and now i am learning Deutsch because i am in GUC (German university in cairo), so it is obligatory to take survival level Deutsch. I am taking so many languages for someone who doesn't know how to study languages tbh . :D

Erasmus is the word ! 

Oh. I forgot you were in Egypt, how silly of me. :) Entschuldige mir, bitte. ;)

You must know how to study languages by now!

And Erasmus is life. :) I strongly support studying in a foreign land for a semester or two now.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh hai people! Welcome back!

You never did an Erasmus, right? :P You could not have.

I am visiting a friend and going to World Con. I hope it works out. The immediate future is so unsure now that I cannot even believe something is fixed for August already.

How is the flat search going then?

No, never. Maybe I should have. But it's not on my top 5 regrets list, to be honest.

oh world con. I never know about these things. Have fun. Hope the near future sorts itself out too. 

Not well... I'm so done with it. 

2 hours ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Aw, don't worry it will be fine. All the studying must pay off at the end. Good luck with studying German. I kinda forgot everything I knew. I still understand it if I read a German text but that's about it. So sad. Need to refresh it, because it's pretty damn shameful to only speak one foreign language. Fingers crossed for all your exams. 

2 hours ago, The King in Black said:

Hey , I'm always gonna be with you guys. Whenever ya'll wake up screaming from your nightmares it is me ya'll shall have seen  Also , be gentle with your sister. She's suffering from the Young Idiot Syndrome. Its pretty common at this age and god knows 16 yr old me has contributed his fair share to lowering the world's IQ with this dumbness , but it'll pass too and she'll be a mature responsible adult one day. Especially with one like yourself watching over her 

And why would we have nightmares about you? Nah, don't worry, I'm always gentle with her. Too gentle. I hope she will turn out okay. What have you been up to? Anything exciting or boring going on? 

47 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh. I forgot you were in Egypt, how silly of me. :) Entschuldige mir, bitte. ;)

You must know how to study languages by now!

And Erasmus is life. :) I strongly support studying in a foreign land for a semester or two now.

Kein Problem. :P 

lol never! The only foreign language that i am kinda good at is English and that is only due to listening English and American music, watching movies and reading in English. Sadly there isn't many German channels here in Egypt so I can't do the same.  

Yeah we kinda have something like Erasmum going on in the University, we can have a semester in Berlin with almost the same price that  we are paying here (That was when 1 Euro was equal to 8 EGP, now it is equal to 20EGP). I am hoping that one day i will be able to do it before i graduate but with the current state of the Country it will be hard unless I find a job. :D 

17 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

No, never. Maybe I should have. But it's not on my top 5 regrets list, to be honest.

oh world con. I never know about these things. Have fun. Hope the near future sorts itself out too. 

Not well... I'm so done with it. 

Aw, don't worry it will be fine. All the studying must pay off at the end. Good luck with studying German. I kinda forgot everything I knew. I still understand it if I read a German text but that's about it. So sad. Need to refresh it, because it's pretty damn shameful to only speak one foreign language. Fingers crossed for all your exams. 

And why would we have nightmares about you? Nah, don't worry, I'm always gentle with her. Too gentle. I hope she will turn out okay. What have you been up to? Anything exciting or boring going on? 

Thank you ! :D Yeah i understand I am basically the same with French too, feels like 10 years were wasted learning the language. But you can still do it ! And there are also lots of ways of apps and sites that can be useful in for practicing languages so you will only need to make the decision. :D

Welcome back guys :cheers:

I just came back from a lovely weekend in Valencia, I feel refreshed.

1 hour ago, morticia said:

It's been 2 years since I last logged on, just dropping in to see if anyone remembers me at all? No worries if not! Glad to see TTTNE still going :)

I think I might... very vaguely... remember you :P How are you?

6 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Things aren't working out with my current girlfriend , my dad's been having health troubles so that means visiting more which means running into mom more , new boss is incompetent and going to run things into the ground, there's a war going on in my friend circle and I'm alienated because I'm not choosing any camp , and my eldest niece is entering the teenages , so she's giving sister dearest and the bro a lot of trouble and apparently doesn't think I'm the coolest person on this planet anymore.

On the plus side, workout's finally showing results and I'm upgrading to a loftier apartment so there's that 

10 hours ago, morticia said:

It's been 2 years since I last logged on, just dropping in to see if anyone remembers me at all? No worries if not! Glad to see TTTNE still going :)

Yeah, I remember you. How have you been? 

11 hours ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Kein Problem. :P 

lol never! The only foreign language that i am kinda good at is English and that is only due to listening English and American music, watching movies and reading in English. Sadly there isn't many German channels here in Egypt so I can't do the same.  

Thank you ! :D Yeah i understand I am basically the same with French too, feels like 10 years were wasted learning the language. But you can still do it ! And there are also lots of ways of apps and sites that can be useful in for practicing languages so you will only need to make the decision. :D

Yeah I should just put time and effort into it. Maybe I'll sign up for a course in summer. Do you want to refresh your French at some point ? 

5 hours ago, The King in Black said:

Things aren't working out with my current girlfriend , my dad's been having health troubles so that means visiting more which means running into mom more , new boss is incompetent and going to run things into the ground, there's a war going on in my friend circle and I'm alienated because I'm not choosing any camp , and my eldest niece is entering the teenages , so she's giving sister dearest and the bro a lot of trouble and apparently doesn't think I'm the coolest person on this planet anymore.

On the plus side, workout's finally showing results and I'm upgrading to a loftier apartment so there's that 

Well there are tons of other girls in the world who would give an arm and a leg to share your cheerful company, bosses are often like that, their problem, not yours, friend war will resolve itself with time, you are not the one fighting so don't stress about it, and the last thing you should beat up yourself over is a teenage child that's not yours, teens think they are the coolest people in the world and nobody else. I'm really sorry about your dad's health struggles, I hope he gets better. 

See, there's always a plus side. I really envy you for that apartment, I've been looking for one for half a year... the real estate market is killing me. 

Archived