TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, I remember you. How have you been? 

Yeah I should just put time and effort into it. Maybe I'll sign up for a course in summer. Do you want to refresh your French at some point ? 

Well there are tons of other girls in the world who would give an arm and a leg to share your cheerful company, bosses are often like that, their problem, not yours, friend war will resolve itself with time, you are not the one fighting so don't stress about it, and the last thing you should beat up yourself over is a teenage child that's not yours, teens think they are the coolest people in the world and nobody else. I'm really sorry about your dad's health struggles, I hope he gets better. 

See, there's always a plus side. I really envy you for that apartment, I've been looking for one for half a year... the real estate market is killing me. 

Yeah, I'd really hoped it would work out this time because I really like her. I don't know, these days I'm doubting she feels the same way about me. The situation with work and friends and the niece is trivial really. Dad's recovering now, but this time was a serious one. It's having to deal with my mother that makes it all the more stressful. But you know, you've gotta keep moving forward hoping tomorrow the birds will sing

What's the current situation on your end ? Realty is a very tricky business, all the more if you are looking to buy the place rather than move into a rent controlled apartment or workout on some lease-based system. 

1 hour ago, The King in Black said:

Yeah, I'd really hoped it would work out this time because I really like her. I don't know, these days I'm doubting she feels the same way about me. The situation with work and friends and the niece is trivial really. Dad's recovering now, but this time was a serious one. It's having to deal with my mother that makes it all the more stressful. But you know, you've gotta keep moving forward hoping tomorrow the birds will sing

What's the current situation on your end ? Realty is a very tricky business, all the more if you are looking to buy the place rather than move into a rent controlled apartment or workout on some lease-based system. 

The best thing you can do is talk to her. Maybe she feels the same way, and it's only you perceiving it differently with all the other smaller negative things going on. That kind of stuff makes one insecure and that's when doubt sets in. And if she doesn't, it's better to know it for sure than hang in limbo, isn't it? Glad to hear your dad is recovering. And I really hope the friends and girlfriend situations will take a positive turn too, one way or the other. 

Yeah it's really difficult and complicated. There aren't a whole lot of flats that Match my expectations (which are doubtlessly way too high) so it's a pretty supply led market we are looking at. The prices that were high to begin with in September when I started looking for a flat are now going up again. Which is pretty damn pathetic given that so many people told me not to rush things because the real estate bubble was going to burst sooner rather than later. Well the real estate bubble is bigger than ever and I have no idea what I'll eventually be able to buy in a month or two. we'll see how that goes, but I would love to watch GoT in a new place in July. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

The best thing you can do is talk to her. Maybe she feels the same way, and it's only you perceiving it differently with all the other smaller negative things going on. That kind of stuff makes one insecure and that's when doubt sets in. And if she doesn't, it's better to know it for sure than hang in limbo, isn't it? Glad to hear your dad is recovering. And I really hope the friends and girlfriend situations will take a positive turn too, one way or the other. 

Yeah it's really difficult and complicated. There aren't a whole lot of flats that Match my expectations (which are doubtlessly way too high) so it's a pretty supply led market we are looking at. The prices that were high to begin with in September when I started looking for a flat are now going up again. Which is pretty damn pathetic given that so many people told me not to rush things because the real estate bubble was going to burst sooner rather than later. Well the real estate bubble is bigger than ever and I have no idea what I'll eventually be able to buy in a month or two. we'll see how that goes, but I would love to watch GoT in a new place in July. 

There's actually been some other things indicating she might be wanting out too. I've wanted to have a talk for a while now but to be perfectly honest was too scared, because at least  then I'd have something like a relationship to hold on to, no matter how skeletal. But it's high time now, that's why I'm taking her out for a date this weekend to hash things out. Whatever happens , happens.

If the current place really is that unsatisfactory, how about for the time being you move out and rent a new place ? maybe even with roommates. Wait until prices come down to being reasonable again. I'd also advise for you to select an area that meets your criteria but is also budget friendly and be on the lookout there. There's always a case of someone wanting to sell off in a hurry and these people are content in bargain prices, if one's lucky enough it lands in your lap.  

Back from the exam and fortunately i did much better than i even dreamt on doing ! :D

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. :)

2 more Deutsch finals then i am done and will start my regular finals.

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, I remember you. How have you been? 

Yeah I should just put time and effort into it. Maybe I'll sign up for a course in summer. Do you want to refresh your French at some point ? 

Well there are tons of other girls in the world who would give an arm and a leg to share your cheerful company, bosses are often like that, their problem, not yours, friend war will resolve itself with time, you are not the one fighting so don't stress about it, and the last thing you should beat up yourself over is a teenage child that's not yours, teens think they are the coolest people in the world and nobody else. I'm really sorry about your dad's health struggles, I hope he gets better. 

See, there's always a plus side. I really envy you for that apartment, I've been looking for one for half a year... the real estate market is killing me. 

Yeah i would totally love to. I just hope that i don't laze out when i get the opportunity lol.

18 minutes ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Back from the exam and fortunately i did much better than i even dreamt on doing ! :D

Yeah i would totally love to. I just hope that i don't laze out when i get the opportunity lol.

Told you , you got it B)

3 hours ago, The King in Black said:

There's actually been some other things indicating she might be wanting out too. I've wanted to have a talk for a while now but to be perfectly honest was too scared, because at least  then I'd have something like a relationship to hold on to, no matter how skeletal. But it's high time now, that's why I'm taking her out for a date this weekend to hash things out. Whatever happens , happens.

If the current place really is that unsatisfactory, how about for the time being you move out and rent a new place ? maybe even with roommates. Wait until prices come down to being reasonable again. I'd also advise for you to select an area that meets your criteria but is also budget friendly and be on the lookout there. There's always a case of someone wanting to sell off in a hurry and these people are content in bargain prices, if one's lucky enough it lands in your lap.  

Yeah, sometimes we like to ignore those signs and just salvage the whole thing while it lasts. Good luck talking and I really hope you guys can clear things up with a positive outcome. 

Moving to a rental flat for a couple months would be a lot of money thrown out of the window. I'd rather spend that money furnishing the new place. Even though the current flat is inconvenient in many ways, I've put up with it for 5 years, I can do another few months. That would doubtlessly be great, it's just a rare opportunity and I'm not sure I want to keep waiting and waiting in case there's a better and better deal. I've already missed out on two good deals. If I find a third good deal, I'll take it. 

30 minutes ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Congrats :cheers: good luck with the rest of the exams. 

And now I'm sick, yay. I either caught whatever bug sister has over the weekend or caught a cold sitting at an outdoor dinner party in 13C. Let the ginger tea and vitamin c overdose begin. 

9 minutes ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

You were right ! thank you :)

So what's the next step of your master plan  ? 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, sometimes we like to ignore those signs and just salvage the whole thing while it lasts. Good luck talking and I really hope you guys can clear things up with a positive outcome. 

Moving to a rental flat for a couple months would be a lot of money thrown out of the window. I'd rather spend that money furnishing the new place. Even though the current flat is inconvenient in many ways, I've put up with it for 5 years, I can do another few months. That would doubtlessly be great, it's just a rare opportunity and I'm not sure I want to keep waiting and waiting in case there's a better and better deal. I've already missed out on two good deals. If I find a third good deal, I'll take it. 

And now I'm sick, yay. I either caught whatever bug sister has over the weekend or caught a cold sitting at an outdoor dinner party in 13C. Let the ginger tea and vitamin c overdose begin. 

Yeah , at the very least I can ask for some more time or just another chance. 

Here's to hoping you soon find yourself a rocking apartment ! And also get well soon 

8 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Thanks ! :D :cheers:

Get well soon ! Try to rest yourself to get better fatser.

1 minute ago, The King in Black said:

Here's to hoping you soon find yourself a rocking apartment ! And also get well soon 

Well finish the rest of the exams then rule the world! how about that for a plan? 

2 minutes ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Thanks ! :D :cheers:

Well finish the rest of the exams then rule the world! how about that for a plan? 

WRONG !  The right answer was Crashing this plane , with no survivors ! 

Now go study and ace those papers too 

I've had a bad, stressful day and just want to throw force lightning at everyone, when I got home my significant other tried to cheer me up which just made me want to do the same to her, anyone else get days that annoying?.

Also Rhaenys , go through the contract with a fine comb for the most minute of details. I was careless, and now I'm living in an Apartment haunted by a headless ghost  who likes Adam Sandlers' films

Do you think I could get an apartment haunted by a topless ghost who looks like Jason Momoa? 

Do you think more time would be a solution? Well I'm not familiar with the situation, I just hope it works out fine for you. Good luck! 

Yup, me too. And thanks! 

1 hour ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I've had a bad, stressful day and just want to throw force lightning at everyone, when I got home my significant other tried to cheer me up which just made me want to do the same to her, anyone else get days that annoying?.

Yeah, every single month. :leaving: 

Have a hot tea and go to bed early, that usually helps me when I'm stressed. 

16 hours ago, The King in Black said:

Things aren't working out with my current girlfriend , my dad's been having health troubles so that means visiting more which means running into mom more , new boss is incompetent and going to run things into the ground, there's a war going on in my friend circle and I'm alienated because I'm not choosing any camp , and my eldest niece is entering the teenages , so she's giving sister dearest and the bro a lot of trouble and apparently doesn't think I'm the coolest person on this planet anymore.

That sucks, hope it gets better sooner rather than later.

22 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Is this not a regular day for you?

30 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah, every single month. :leaving: 

Have a hot tea and go to bed early, that usually helps me when I'm stressed. 

The worst bit is, its not even THAT time in the month for me yet.

21 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Is this not a regular day for you?

No, I can be quite reserved if I need to be,meh I'm going for a run, that should calm me down.

On 1. 5. 2017 at 10:26 PM, RhaenysB said:

No, never. Maybe I should have. But it's not on my top 5 regrets list, to be honest.

oh world con. I never know about these things. Have fun. Hope the near future sorts itself out too.

I understand. Most people I know who took that opportunity loved it. I know of two that think it was not the best semester ever. I do not know any who regretted taking it though.

I do not know about other cons either. Helsinki is nice this year because I can combine it with visiting a friend there. Now I worry that if I manage to find some sort of a job till then, they are not going to allow me to take days off in the first few months - then I would have to cancel the trip, that would suck.

23 hours ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Yeah we kinda have something like Erasmum going on in the University, we can have a semester in Berlin with almost the same price that  we are paying here (That was when 1 Euro was equal to 8 EGP, now it is equal to 20EGP). I am hoping that one day i will be able to do it before i graduate but with the current state of the Country it will be hard unless I find a job. :D

Good luck with that plan! Berlin is apparently very exciting, it is/was probably the most popular place the students at my department wanted to go to.

23 hours ago, morticia said:

It's been 2 years since I last logged on, just dropping in to see if anyone remembers me at all? No worries if not! Glad to see TTTNE still going :)

Heeeeeey! Another long-lost spammer returning! :) Where have you all been, how come everybody is coming back in the last few weeks?

I am glad to see you back. How is your life going?

17 hours ago, The King in Black said:

Things aren't working out with my current girlfriend , my dad's been having health troubles so that means visiting more which means running into mom more , new boss is incompetent and going to run things into the ground, there's a war going on in my friend circle and I'm alienated because I'm not choosing any camp , and my eldest niece is entering the teenages , so she's giving sister dearest and the bro a lot of trouble and apparently doesn't think I'm the coolest person on this planet anymore.

Sounds like a lot of trouble at once. :grouphug:

3 hours ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Congratulations!

5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Sorry you had a rough day. Other than today being stressful are you enjoying your new job?

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

The worst bit is, its not even THAT time in the month for me yet.

No, I can be quite reserved if I need to be,meh I'm going for a run, that should calm me down.

Is there a possibility of good luck this month? 

Running and deafening yourself with music is a good way to calm down

@Buckwheat yeah I know everybody loved Erasmus and I'm sure it's a great experience. 

Thats nice, I hope it works out and you have a great time in Finland. 

@Lord Sidious hope you have a better day today. 

So last night I started watching the Handmaid's Tale. I haven't read the novel, I might do so now, just out of curiosity. The show seems to be well made so far. What caught my attention, though, was how this dystopian order is built on massive logical black holes. That's why I want to read the book to see if that offers any explanation at all or we just have to roll with this. It's also interesting how often dystopian stories are centered around reproduction. 

Archived