TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I looked for it in the library today, but they did not have any available.

Awww, libraries. I haven't been to a library in ages. I should go to the library more often. It would save a ton of money....

didnt go to work today because I've been sick all week and screw it, I need rest. Won't go to the party tonight either, because screw it why do I have to force myself to go to parties when I'm sick? I don't have to. Screw it. 

Finished the Deutsch exams ! The worst thing that i did was the dialogue part in the oral exam. I couldn't remember most of the things i had to say. But all in all, i did much better than i expected, and definitely more than i deserved lol. Going to rest for 2 days before i get back to studying once again.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Awww, libraries. I haven't been to a library in ages. I should go to the library more often. It would save a ton of money....

didnt go to work today because I've been sick all week and screw it, I need rest. Won't go to the party tonight either, because screw it why do I have to force myself to go to parties when I'm sick? I don't have to. Screw it. 

And it would save also space on the shelves probably. Every time I buy a new book, I have to think hard about what to remove and how to rearrange the shelves so that the new one will fit anywhere.

Get well. And no, you do not have to go anywhere if you are sick.

1 hour ago, Sword of Mutilation said:

Finished the Deutsch exams ! The worst thing that i did was the dialogue part in the oral exam. I couldn't remember most of the things i had to say. But all in all, i did much better than i expected, and definitely more than i deserved lol. Going to rest for 2 days before i get back to studying once again.

Congratulations and good luck with the rest of the exams. :)

9 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Awww, libraries. I haven't been to a library in ages. I should go to the library more often.

No, libraries are horrible - they make you give the books back! ;)

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

And it would save also space on the shelves probably. Every time I buy a new book, I have to think hard about what to remove and how to rearrange the shelves so that the new one will fit anywhere.

...yes, there is that.

Yes, this. Right now I have 250 books crammed in a cabinet that can comfortably accommodate a hundred. But I love seeing my collection grow too much to borrow books, and eBooks just don't have the same charm.

5 minutes ago, felice said:

No, libraries are horrible - they make you give the books back! ;)

...yes, there is that.

I know, it's a lot better to have it all to yourself and not have to take care of it. 

Get well. And no, you do not have to go anywhere if you are sick.

Congratulations and good luck with the rest of the exams. :)

I have this with clothes and shoes. :agree: 

I don't own that many books, there's still shelf space here and a lot of my books are at my parents house in my old room so that helps with it too. 

Thanks. Well I didn't go. I don't anybody misses me really. There are enough people at that party. 

24 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Yes, this. Right now I have 250 books crammed in a cabinet that can comfortably accommodate a hundred. But I love seeing my collection grow too much to borrow books, and eBooks just don't have the same charm.

Books are also expensive. And also many times I know I just want to read something once. I do not need to have something that I know will be only used once.

16 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I know, it's a lot better to have it all to yourself and not have to take care of it. 

I have this with clothes and shoes. :agree: 

I don't own that many books, there's still shelf space here and a lot of my books are at my parents house in my old room so that helps with it too. 

Thanks. Well I didn't go. I don't anybody misses me really. There are enough people at that party. 

I also have this with shoes, although I probably posess fewer of those than you ... probably I also have less place to store them.

My room is my old room at my parents' flat ... :/ I had to bring everything I got in Vienna back here. There was still place there, but alas, I am no longer in that room. My room feels so crammed with old stuff I have no use for here. It is ... past. :(

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Books are also expensive. And also many times I know I just want to read something once. I do not need to have something that I know will be only used once.

I also have this with shoes, although I probably posess fewer of those than you ... probably I also have less place to store them.

My room is my old room at my parents' flat ... :/ I had to bring everything I got in Vienna back here. There was still place there, but alas, I am no longer in that room. My room feels so crammed with old stuff I have no use for here. It is ... past. :(

Logic agrees with you, but I'm too much a bibliophile to do that. I've got tons of books I know I'll probably never reread but I love having all these stacks of books to look at and browse through.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Logic agrees with you, but I'm too much a bibliophile to do that. I've got tons of books I know I'll probably never reread but I love having all these stacks of books to look at and browse through.

You'll change your tune if you are constantly moving from city to city in the future. It's difficult enough lugging 8 law text books each year with me from London to Durham, it would be torture transporting my whole book catalogue every time.

20 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Our hours of training are paying off at last.

Indeed, I expect you bright and early tomorrow for lightsaber training.

On the subject of books I used to be very much in favour of owning actual books to put in my bookcase, I was against e books, I thought using one would be like reading on an iPad, then I got given a kindle as a gift, found it was nothing like that and am completely in the ebook camp now, it's neater and there's not the added hassle of going out and buying books or waiting for them to arrive if you order them, just tap and they're there.

11 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I used to exchange books a lot. There are a few places where you can exchange books. It's usually free or you get to spend the the money you get for them. I left a lot of books at the book lounge of the Italian hotel we used to stay at all the time (and picked up new ones of course). Some hipster cafés offer the same chance and there was a second hand book shop where you could give up your unwanted books and for the same sum get new ones. Unfortunately they closed a couple years ago. Anyways, I think this is a great system and more places should do it. 

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

See above about getting rid of books you'll never read (again). Yes, I do have books I never read and never will read, so I should probably go and get rid of them. 

I have no space to store them. There's a shoe cupboard or whatever it's called full of rarely used shoes, the bottom of my closet is also full of off season shoes and there are still like 10 most often Worn pairs just lying around in the hall... and I don't consider myself someone who has a lot of shoes. If only I could move house already. 

So pack them up and get rid of them. Downsize, Buckwheat, purify. Streamline, find your center.  I need to watch that movie. 

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You'll change your tune if you are constantly moving from city to city in the future. It's difficult enough lugging 8 law text books each year with me from London to Durham, it would be torture transporting my whole book catalogue every time.

Probably, yeah. But for now I'm going to clutch all of them as close to me as I can.

5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Indeed, I expect you bright and early tomorrow for lightsaber training.

On the subject of books I used to be very much in favour of owning actual books to put in my bookcase, I was against e books, I thought using one would be like reading on an iPad, then I got given a kindle as a gift, found it was nothing like that and am completely in the ebook camp now, it's neater and there's not the added hassle of going out and buying books or waiting for them to arrive if you order them, just tap and they're there.

Ugh, early? I thought Sith got to sleep in.

They have pros and cons, I just want actual paper in my hands.

4 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I used to exchange books a lot. There are a few places where you can exchange books. It's usually free or you get to spend the the money you get for them. I left a lot of books at the book lounge of the Italian hotel we used to stay at all the time (and picked up new ones of course). Some hipster cafés offer the same chance and there was a second hand book shop where you could give up your unwanted books and for the same sum get new ones. Unfortunately they closed a couple years ago. Anyways, I think this is a great system and more places should do it. 

I agree, that's a great system. But the only place I know of that uses it is my mom's work

16 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

So what you're saying is 99.9% of bacteria on your face are now dead.

True. As is my skin

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Do you still have skin left? :o 

Yes :P It just got really itchy and red but I'm sure I'll survive. 

Wasnt drunk at the time or anything. Just tired, and I'd been cleaning so the dettol wipes were on the desk beside the make up wipes.

Archived