TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Stupid. Kissing is just good. :P

But that might just be me living what I should have had during teenage years now at 25. :leaving::blushing::leer: 

Your boss sounds nasty.

It is, but it would probably make work very awkward. Based on the guy's personality I think that we're not really suited to be in any kind of relationship together, so if I act on it I might just be giving myself false hope, or setting myself up for heartbreak down the road. At the same time I've hardly stopped thinking about him since. I want to text him but that's probably not a smart idea. Also I'm an idiot for spending so much time daydreaming about this situation instead of studying because I really need to.

Many of my colleagues have bitched about him in the past, now I know why :P He can be very friendly, just not during work hours.

27 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

It is, but it would probably make work very awkward. Based on the guy's personality I think that we're not really suited to be in any kind of relationship together, so if I act on it I might just be giving myself false hope, or setting myself up for heartbreak down the road. At the same time I've hardly stopped thinking about him since. I want to text him but that's probably not a smart idea. Also I'm an idiot for spending so much time daydreaming about this situation instead of studying because I really need to.

Just a few thoughts:

1. Sometimes people surprise you the better you get to know them. I would never have thought the supernatural entity worked together if you would have asked me some time ago.

2. Every time you start something with somebody, you put yourself at risk for a heartbreak down the road. And almost the relationships end with one, except the ones that end with your death.

Looks like you have a good plan with what you are doing though.

Now get to studying, boy! :read::whip: 

50 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Uh, First that's typical for working in a bar. It's very rare you are limited to a single role. I was bar staff, waitress, cleaner and pot washer. You don't get a separate wage for each...

Of course not, I don't expect a seperate wage. I expect my boss to have a realistic expectation of the amount of work I can do when I'm fulfilling two roles at the same time, which he doesn't. I'm also asked to wash dishes more often than the rest, which doesn't seem very fair (and not even in my boss' best interests, since I work faster than several of those other bartenders - not my own words ;)

44 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Just a few thoughts:

1. Sometimes people surprise you the better you get to know them. I would never have thought the supernatural entity worked together if you would have asked me some time ago.

2. Every time you start something with somebody, you put yourself at risk for a heartbreak down the road. And almost the relationships end with one, except the ones that end with your death.

Looks like you have a good plan with what you are doing though.

Now get to studying, boy! :read::whip: 

He's a bit of a slut is what I meant :P 

2 is very true. I guess I'll have to see what happens the next time I have a drink with him.

16 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Of course not, I don't expect a seperate wage. I expect my boss to have a realistic expectation of the amount of work I can do when I'm fulfilling two roles at the same time, which he doesn't. I'm also asked to wash dishes more often than the rest, which doesn't seem very fair (and not even in my boss' best interests, since I work faster than several of those other bartenders - not my own words ;)

He's a bit of a slut is what I meant :P 

2 is very true. I guess I'll have to see what happens the next time I have a drink with him.

Eh,  still think it's just what you need to expect in that kind of workplace. It's at your boss' discretion to direct you within the limits of what you are reasonably expected to do. I know it can be annoying sometimes, but it's just how things are. Sounds perfectly normal to me *shrug*

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Roasted any Jedis?

I had a great weekend. Back to reality tomorrow.

No, of course not, I'm an efficient Sith, there are no Jedi left to destroy.

4 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Can't open it, but here you go :P 

A (gay) co-worker I've had a crush on for a while, but whom I thought wasn't interested in me, drunkenly told me that he'd have made a move on me ages ago if it wouldn't have made things awkward at work. I sort of told him the same thing, and now things are weird. I wonder if it was stupid or smart that I didn't kiss him then. I also have a date lined up with someone else next week, plus other stuff that I won't bother you with but which also makes it complicated. It's all extremely distracting while I'm trying to study :rolleyes: 

As for the job, I'm a bartender but Saturday my boss said I had to help wash the dishes as well as work behind the bar, for the third time. There's about 600 people in the restaurant on an average Saturday so this is completely impractical, both stations lacked manpower because I had to divide my time between them. I told my boss this and said I would rather just stay behind the bar, like we agreed when I applied here. He then told me he didn't know what the consequences would be if I maintained this opinion and that I had better think about it carefully.
So basically he wants me to work two jobs for the price of one wage and because I told him no he's threatening to fire me <_<

Way to live up to the promiscuous gay guy stereotype!, enjoy the date, or the one night stand, or both ;).

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Eh,  still think it's just what you need to expect in that kind of workplace. It's at your boss' discretion to direct you within the limits of what you are reasonably expected to do. I know it can be annoying sometimes, but it's just how things are. Sounds perfectly normal to me *shrug*

This is my first job, so it's new to me. Aside from that I think it's up for debate what I'm 'reasonably expected' to do, and there's plenty of other bartenders the boss could ask this of once in a while.

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

No, of course not, I'm an efficient Sith, there are no Jedi left to destroy.

Way to live up to the promiscuous gay guy stereotype!, enjoy the date, or the one night stand, or both ;).

Please keep in mind that I didn't do anything with the co-worker :P 

Thanks. The date isn't responding to texts though, so yeah <_<

3 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

This is my first job, so it's new to me. Aside from that I think it's up for debate what I'm 'reasonably expected' to do, and there's plenty of other bartenders the boss could ask this of once in a while.

But you're new.

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Look at my title Darth. :P 

You can choose to learn the true nature of the force, or be exiled to the TTTNE dungeon which this year involves regular bursts of force lightning combined with Bieber,Coldplay and Taylor Swift on a constant loop.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

I hope one of them pans out for you my young apprentice.

56 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Flats found: 0 

New jobs found: 0 

Lindt Easter Bunnies and eaten: 4 5

Three more days until the holidays. 

Hop hop murderer!.

15 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not celebrate Easter, but this week I only work 4 days and then have a 4-day weekend, which is a good thing, so ... yay for Easter I guess!

How is that? O.o you celebrate Christmas don't you? Well anyway, happy 4 day weekend to you then! 

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Please keep in mind that I didn't do anything with the co-worker :P 

Not really, the employment relationship is one of subordination. Your employer has a right to direct you to do lawful work within the parameters of your contract. Since it's highly unlikely that your contract contains specific terms stating your exact role/tasks, washing dishes would be within he terms of your contract as a task he can order you to complete. Legally speaking, I would have to advise you not to disobey this order. Unless you want to lose your job...

(Please do continue these posts. It allows me to pretend I've been studying for my labour law exam :lol: )

I've never celebrated Easter really, though I'm usually with my parents and when I was younger we would invite my Catholic grandmother for a nice meal. 

This year I'll be in my flat, alone, since my flatmates are deserting me. I may have to crack open the wine and make foolish drunken mistakes on Tindr. Seven hells.

3 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Not really, the employment relationship is one of subordination. Your employer has a right to direct you to do lawful work within the parameters of your contract. Since it's highly unlikely that your contract contains specific terms stating your exact role/tasks, washing dishes would be within he terms of your contract as a task he can order you to complete. Legally speaking, I would have to advise you not to disobey this order. Unless you want to lose your job...

(Please do continue these posts. It allows me to pretend I've been studying for my labour law exam :lol: )

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

How is that? O.o you celebrate Christmas don't you? Well anyway, happy 4 day weekend to you then! 

Well, I do put up the Christmas tree and that is about it. Oh, and go visit the Christmas markets. But I think of it all more as a New Year' s celebration (I am also pretty sure we have had this conversation before).

And Easter ... what is one even supposed to do at Easter? When I was little, we used to bring pretty baskets full of goods into the church, but I have not done it in years. Oh, I guess you are supposed to colour eggs. Nah, I have never done that alone, not sure how I would even do it, also I do not eat that many eggs to make it worth, probably my landlady does not either.

Also Easter is really the holiday that celebrates that whole Jesus raising from the grave and going to heaven thing and ... I do not believe any of that happened, so no reason to celebrate anything.

*shrug*

I will enjoy my long weekend though.

7 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

This year I'll be in my flat, alone, since my flatmates are deserting me. I may have to crack open the wine and make foolish drunken mistakes on Tindr. Seven hells.

Be sure to keep us posted.

I will probably be around the forum too anyway.

Archived