TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

You were a clone and when you died,again, while you tried to possess Anakin Solo your ghost was beaten by a ball. 

It's still much more of a fight than 10 thousand Jedi managed to put up.

42 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

As opposed to an air conditioning vent and old age, both of which were Yodas undoing.

Yoda became one with the Force in his 900's. You were beaten by an emo and a ball :P

BTW, Tywin Lannister swordfighting against Arthur Pendragon and Irene Adler to save Four was the coolest thing I have seen this week.

15 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh at the very least. 

Don't I will get excited ;).

7 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Yoda became one with the Force in his 900's. You were beaten by an emo and a ball :P

And I beat Yoda in a fight, therefore Yoda would have just been beaten by the ball not even the emo.

Monster post incoming.

So okay, I do not have a 4-day weekend now, but a 5-day. A proper little holiday. :wub: This internship may not be the best, but the upside is at least they have many holidays.

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 11:40 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Go to church (for me). Be with the family have a feast and make fun of each other, try to avoid annoying relatives. Eat Easter food.

I do not go to church. My relationship with the church is a bit ... strained. Especially right now. I have no interest in going there.

All my family is in a different country. :/

Not even sure what counts as Easter food here ... probably the same as in Slovenia minus potica? I am not cooking so many eggs and ham, too much fatty stuff and all ... in fact Easter at my grandmother's always ended up feeling like I want to turn vegetarian for a while. :P 

JQC, I might have missed that - where is your new job? Are you staying in Greece or moving out to another country as you planned?

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 11:42 PM, RhaenysB said:

Then again, you can actually eat chocolate anytime.

Basically this. :D 

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 11:42 PM, RhaenysB said:

We have lots and lots of Easter traditions in this country that have nothing to do with religion. I remember celebrating those as a kid and I definitely colored eggs too but I grew out of it so now I just decorate with pre-made Easter decoration (yay consumerism) and maybe I went to church once too when I did my... *heads to google* First Communion. I actually plan on going this year (don't judge). 

I see Easter as a very religious thing and do not have a reason to celebrate that I feel. Maybe colouring eggs and all turned into a non-religious thing, but I am still not very interested in it. At least not right now.

We never decorated the house for Easter. Last weekend I was with the supernatural entity's family out at the countryside and many houses had plastic or whatever eggs out in the gardens. You won't see that in Slovenia.

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 0:02 AM, First of My Name said:

@Lord Sidious Okay nevermind, he just sort of cancelled on me <_<

:grouphug: 

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 0:56 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh sweet flower if I go through with my ill-conceived plan it would be very rude of me to be posting on the forum :P 

Also, I approve of Buck asking for lewd details :thumbsup: 

Oh. In that case ... just make sure you use condoms, kids.

:leaving: 

20 hours ago, First of My Name said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Actually the lack of sucking is the problem :leaving: 

:blushing::lol::blushing: <- I declare this means *giggles like a sexually inexperienced blushing teenager* now

@Buckwheat that's interesting. Easter is the least religious holiday of all the religious holidays imo. Probably because the other traditions that had always been more present in my life and had nothing to do with religion. I mean I never considered Easter the holiday of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter is about Easter bunny, This thing, Easter eggs, Easter food, and only after those about the end of Lent (that's why all the ham and sausage and lamb roast at Easter) and yes it is the resurrection of Jesus Christ too, but that's never been why we celebrated Easter. 

I don't have any problem with religion, I'm not particularly religious, but I do enjoy going to church at Christmas, I like church weddings and I have passed that phase in my life when I wasn't on good terms with religion and enjoyed criticizing it because it made me feel like I was cool and smart. But that's okay, I liked myself at 15-6 and I guess everybody has that feeling of superiority at that age along with the conviction they know everything better. That's a nice age, actually. I enjoyed those years a lot. I don't know why I'm talking about this now. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not go to church. My relationship with the church is a bit ... strained. Especially right now. I have no interest in going there.

I can understand that that is why I said (me). I am not tryign to "force" someone to go to church in any way.

That is a big reason.

Slovenia minus potica

I love potica!

Not even sure what counts as Easter food here ... probably the same as in Slovenia minus potica? I am not cooking so many eggs and ham, too much fatty stuff and all ... in fact Easter at my grandmother's always ended up feeling like I want to turn vegetarian for a while. :P 

Agree about the grandmothers' food. Cooking must be somekind of power a woman gets when she becomes a grandmother.

Here we have tsoureki, flaouna and other meat dishes who many people here might find weird.

JQC, I might have missed that - where is your new job? Are you staying in Greece or moving out to another country as you planned?

I am still planning to move abroad but first I need more work experience. So for now, I will start working in Greece.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

@Buckwheat that's interesting. Easter is the least religious holiday of all the religious holidays imo. Probably because the other traditions that had always been more present in my life and had nothing to do with religion. I mean I never considered Easter the holiday of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter is about Easter bunny, This thing, Easter eggs, Easter food, and only after those about the end of Lent (that's why all the ham and sausage and lamb roast at Easter) and yes it is the resurrection of Jesus Christ too, but that's never been why we celebrated Easter. 

I don't have any problem with religion, I'm not particularly religious, but I do enjoy going to church at Christmas, I like church weddings and I have passed that phase in my life when I wasn't on good terms with religion and enjoyed criticizing it because it made me feel like I was cool and smart. But that's okay, I liked myself at 15-6 and I guess everybody has that feeling of superiority at that age along with the conviction they know everything better. That's a nice age, actually. I enjoyed those years a lot. I don't know why I'm talking about this now. :lol: 

Hmmmm, Easter is the MOST religiousest of all the religious holidays, no? I am struggling to find something more religious that is widely celebrated. I know that alk the parts of Easter have something to do with Jesus - all the foods are supposed to represent some part of the crucifixion etc.

Not sure what an Easter bunny is, I always thought it was an American marketing trick.

Never knew about this whipping tradition, it is not done where I come from. Whom are you gointmg to whip, RB? :whip::leer: 

That maybe means I never outgrew the phase where I think I know everything better? :P No really, I have a strongly negative view of the Church right now and am trying to mostly erase it from my free time. Religions are an interesting topic overall, but I really want to limit my relationship with Christanity.

Btw, I never had a First Communion or any other ceremony. I am glad my patents did not have me baptised. So it is not a case that religion was poured down my throat in my early years and I am rebelling against that or anything.

28 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I love potica

Good! :D 

Agree about the grandmothers' food. Cooking must be somekind of power a woman gets when she becomes a grandmother.

Probably!

Here we have tsoureki, flaouna and other meat dishes who many people here might find weird.

I am still planning to move abroad but first I need more work experience. So for now, I will start working in Greece.

Okay. Good luck with gathering experience. :)

7 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Right, I'm all packed and going to the airport in a couple of hours, have a great Easter everyone!, my apprentice and Helena are in charge in my absence.

Shhhh, she is away! Time for a change of government? Who is staging the next coup?

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Shhhh, she is away! Time for a change of government? Who is staging the next coup?

I've not got on the plane yet, besides which FOMN and Helena are tasked with ruling in my absence, I have faith that they will be able to overcome a threat by a Dr Who fan and an errant flower, now behave or you shall be put in the cupboard where sunshine can't reach!.

11 hours ago, DreamSongs said:

Happy Spring TTTNE!

Bex! Long time no speak. How are you?

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Getting thrown around by a cute blonde, you know me too well!.

And Charlize Theron no less :wub: 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Monster post incoming.

So okay, I do not have a 4-day weekend now, but a 5-day. A proper little holiday. :wub: This internship may not be the best, but the upside is at least they have many holidays.

Basically this. :D 

I see Easter as a very religious thing and do not have a reason to celebrate that I feel. Maybe colouring eggs and all turned into a non-religious thing, but I am still not very interested in it. At least not right now.

We never decorated the house for Easter. Last weekend I was with the supernatural entity's family out at the countryside and many houses had plastic or whatever eggs out in the gardens. You won't see that in Slovenia.

:grouphug: 

Oh. In that case ... just make sure you use condoms, kids.

:leaving: 

:blushing::lol::blushing: <- I declare this means *giggles like a sexually inexperienced blushing teenager* now

11 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Hmmmm, Easter is the MOST religiousest of all the religious holidays, no? I am struggling to find something more religious that is widely celebrated. I know that alk the parts of Easter have something to do with Jesus - all the foods are supposed to represent some part of the crucifixion etc.

Not sure what an Easter bunny is, I always thought it was an American marketing trick.

Never knew about this whipping tradition, it is not done where I come from. Whom are you gointmg to whip, RB? :whip::leer: 

That maybe means I never outgrew the phase where I think I know everything better? :P No really, I have a strongly negative view of the Church right now and am trying to mostly erase it from my free time. Religions are an interesting topic overall, but I really want to limit my relationship with Christanity.

Btw, I never had a First Communion or any other ceremony. I am glad my patents did not have me baptised. So it is not a case that religion was poured down my throat in my early years and I am rebelling against that or anything.

I don't know where you get that from, but okay :lol: we all experience these things differently. Yeah, but that's really not why people have an Easter feast, it's for the great food. 

An Easter bunny is the creature that brings Easter baskets for children. Chocolate, presents. Like Santa in winter. 

Whipping? :uhoh: I have no idea if anybody does that abroad, but we definitely have no whipping here. Splashing water and/or sprinkling patchouli on girls and women in exchange for Easter eggs/money (for little boys obviously to spend on toys and more chocolate) is the tradition. 

Maybe :P the teenager vibes are strong with this one :P - says the 24 year old who buys herself Easter chocolate in advance and wears a unicorn sweater at home to watch teen drama series. So yeah, so much about outgrowing phases. But then, when I was a kid everybody promised me that I can do whatever the hell I want as a grownup so if I want to eat chocolate and wear unicorn sweaters I can damn well do it without being less of a grown-up, right? Right??? :lol: 

I was baptized and I had a First Communion before which I took Bible classes in elementary school. Then puberty began and I refused to do Confirmation. It's not a big deal but I would do it now if I could go back. I never went to church regularly though, so I would say I had a semi-religious upbringing? I don't know. 

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Right, I'm all packed and going to the airport in a couple of hours, have a great Easter everyone!, my apprentice and Helena are in charge in my absence.

Have fun! Try not blowing up too many stars. 

Archived