TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

On 12. 4. 2017 at 0:10 PM, Lord Sidious said:

I've not got on the plane yet, besides which FOMN and Helena are tasked with ruling in my absence, I have faith that they will be able to overcome a threat by a Dr Who fan and an errant flower, now behave or you shall be put in the cupboard where sunshine can't reach!.

Noooo, not in the cupboard!

On 12. 4. 2017 at 1:15 PM, First of My Name said:

You'll have cause to use it more often ;) 

What do you mean by that? :dunce:

On 12. 4. 2017 at 1:15 PM, RhaenysB said:

I don't know where you get that from, but okay :lol: we all experience these things differently. Yeah, but that's really not why people have an Easter feast, it's for the great food. 

An Easter bunny is the creature that brings Easter baskets for children. Chocolate, presents. Like Santa in winter. 

Whipping? :uhoh: I have no idea if anybody does that abroad, but we definitely have no whipping here. Splashing water and/or sprinkling patchouli on girls and women in exchange for Easter eggs/money (for little boys obviously to spend on toys and more chocolate) is the tradition. 

Maybe :P the teenager vibes are strong with this one :P - says the 24 year old who buys herself Easter chocolate in advance and wears a unicorn sweater at home to watch teen drama series. So yeah, so much about outgrowing phases. But then, when I was a kid everybody promised me that I can do whatever the hell I want as a grownup so if I want to eat chocolate and wear unicorn sweaters I can damn well do it without being less of a grown-up, right? Right??? :lol: 

I was baptized and I had a First Communion before which I took Bible classes in elementary school. Then puberty began and I refused to do Confirmation. It's not a big deal but I would do it now if I could go back. I never went to church regularly though, so I would say I had a semi-religious upbringing? I don't know.

From what I remember hearing in the church years ago. See for example the last paragraph here and also this.

Which holiday that is widely celebrated do you feel is more religious than Easter?

Gifts were never given in my family at Easter. In fact I did not know any family where this was done in Slovenia. The supernatural entity told me now that they do that here in Austria in his family and it was a complete surprise for me.

Oh I misread that wiki article. It said that in some countries girls and boys gently hit each other with young branches or something and my mind immediately wrapped it to another meaning. :blushing::leaving:

I really do not think you missed much by not doing confirmation, but if you feel you have to do it, you probably still can? IDK.

Anyway, now the idea came up yesterday that I am going to a Slovene friend and we are trying to colour eggs anyway and have a mini-Easter. See you later, spammers.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

*dramatically catches thread to save it from going 24 hours without a new post*

Hero!. *fist bump* 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

From what I remember hearing in the church years ago. See for example the last paragraph here and also this.

Which holiday that is widely celebrated do you feel is more religious than Easter?

Gifts were never given in my family at Easter. In fact I did not know any family where this was done in Slovenia. The supernatural entity told me now that they do that here in Austria in his family and it was a complete surprise for me.

Oh I misread that wiki article. It said that in some countries girls and boys gently hit each other with young branches or something and my mind immediately wrapped it to another meaning. :blushing::leaving:

I really do not think you missed much by not doing confirmation, but if you feel you have to do it, you probably still can? IDK.

Anyway, now the idea came up yesterday that I am going to a Slovene friend and we are trying to colour eggs anyway and have a mini-Easter. See you later, spammers.

Well for a start I always considered Christmas more religious than Easter. And of course Pentecost and All Saint's Day are both more religious holidays than either of the above, they have no worldly connotation at all (like giving gifts and having a special feast). 

We do that here too but mostly for children. Adults don't really get presents. 

It's the Krampusz that spanks naughty kids on st. Nicholas Day. That's the only spanking tradition I know of. 

Yes, you can do it as an adult too. I dont feel like I have to do it at all, but I sort of maybe want to, so I might one day (when there's no sort of and maybe, just the want to part). 

YAY! That's going to be fun, have fun and take a picture of the eggs you paint. :D 

so I didn't do anything so far today. I did face masks, I gave myself a manicure, I ate chocolate eggs and I reinstalled Windows. My laptop is dying. It shouldn't be, I barely use it. It's only 4 years old... why is it dying? My plant is dying too, I need to buy flower dirt, poor thing ate it all up. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

I reinstalled Windows. 

THIS. This was baaaaaad idea. My office is gone and I'm too stupid to get it back without having to pay a hundred dollars. Back in the day computers just HAD office. It wasn't something you had to pay extra money for and deal with it yourself. When I switched on my first laptop it had office. And this piece of shit... why the fuck do these things cost a thousand euros when literally nothing works on them without paying extra money. Anti virus? Pay. Office? Pay. Want to watch stuff? Pay. WHAT cost a thousand dollars? (And before you say it's the design or brand, no it's not, this isn't a mac book this is a fucking random ass Sony laptop from 4 years ago) I am so so so pissed off. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Well for a start I always considered Christmas more religious than Easter. And of course Pentecost and All Saint's Day are both more religious holidays than either of the above, they have no worldly connotation at all (like giving gifts and having a special feast). 

Oh. I always thought if Christmas as having de-religiosified itself (I just made up that word, deal with it B) ) much more than Easter and everything else with all the secularised gift-giving and trees and whatnot.

No idea what Pentecost is in Slovene, I will look it up later. Do you mean 31th October by All Saint's Day? Beacuse that went the way of Christmas as the excuse to wear masks that is Halloween too. If you mean 1st November, day when you remember the dead, sure. Not sure it is really 'celebrated' in that meaning though. :P And it does not make me think of Jesus and religion, just the dead people.

Good to know about the presents (accidentally deleted that part of the quote).

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

YAY! That's going to be fun, have fun and take a picture of the eggs you paint. :D 

It was fun. Most eggs turned out pretty. I did take pictures.

Some (actually religious) people go to festive mass for Pentecost and All Saints' Day (which is obviously November 1st, Halloween is All Hallows' Eve October 31st). and yeah my point is exactly that about Easter too, I think it's been "dereligionized" just as much if not more than Christmas. 

Nice, congrats on the pretty Easter eggs. 

I'm rewatching Tudors... weird flashback feelings... 

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Studying is going absolutely abysmal, but Saga Vol. 7 arrived in the mail and Jude Law has been cast as young Dumbledore, so I don't really care that much.

Rhae, that's annoying as hell. I'm glad students can download Word for free here.

Yeah, yeah, now for more important questions. How was the movie?

Archived