TTTNE 469- A New Order of Imperial entanglement

Jen'ari

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I don't think I've ever watched Eurovision, it's an overhyped spectacle accompanied by dull music that no one takes seriously.

This is exactly why people watch it. Namely, to make fun of it.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

My mom just got on Facebook and it's hilarious. She actually expected it to be some sort of local BBC news instead of crapstorm random people like. 

Has she tried to upload any painfully embarrassing baby pics of you yet? Posted on your wall like a personal message? Accidentally "liked" something incredibly suspect? ;) 

12 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Has she tried to upload any painfully embarrassing baby pics of you yet? Posted on your wall like a personal message? Accidentally "liked" something incredibly suspect? ;) 

No, she won't upload anything at all, because It's none of anybody's business. She just expects pre-filtered and relevant local news in her feed. And she friended like 6 people because she doesn't like this person and that person doesn't like her and that third person doesn't even live here anymore... I spent half an hour setting up her Facebook because she didn't have an App Store account because her credit card credentials are "none of the phone's business". It was exhausting. I hope she'll get the hang of it soon. 

I want to go and see King Arthur tonight or tomorrow. I want to see all the random British celebs without acting skills making that movie happen. 

57 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

No, she won't upload anything at all, because It's none of anybody's business. She just expects pre-filtered and relevant local news in her feed. And she friended like 6 people because she doesn't like this person and that person doesn't like her and that third person doesn't even live here anymore... I spent half an hour setting up her Facebook because she didn't have an App Store account because her credit card credentials are "none of the phone's business". It was exhausting. I hope she'll get the hang of it soon. 

I want to go and see King Arthur tonight or tomorrow. I want to see all the random British celebs without acting skills making that movie happen. 

Your lucky. My parents insisted on such embarrassment when they first started.

Surely she can have an app account without putting in card details? I certainly haven't, I just "skip" when I'm asked for them.

29 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Surely she can have an app account without putting in card details? I certainly haven't, I just "skip" when I'm asked for them.

This. I do not want to have my bank account/card details in my phone either, it is not like it is absolutely necessary to have any of the apps you have to pay for. (I even use facebook in my browser on my phone, not in the app.)

My parents do not have facebook accounts. It is even a problem for them to grasp that you can access a gmail inbox on any device.

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I would let her do any of those things even if she wanted to. But I don't think she would want to. 

I don't think she can. Or maybe I'm totally wrong about this, but apple didn't let me download anything before I filled out the credit card credential data in my Apple ID. And I'm fine with that. My credit card data is everywhere anyways, it's in streaming accounts, it's in online store accounts, if I trust those, I have no reason to not trust Apple and if I don't trust any of those things, there's no point in living in 2017 and I could as well move back to the 80s. I mean yeah it's not "necessary" but it makes life easier and opens doors we couldn't even dream of thirty years ago. :dunno: 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

I would let her do any of those things even if she wanted to. But I don't think she would want to. 

I don't think she can. Or maybe I'm totally wrong about this, but apple didn't let me download anything before I filled out the credit card credential data in my Apple ID. And I'm fine with that. My credit card data is everywhere anyways, it's in streaming accounts, it's in online store accounts, if I trust those, I have no reason to not trust Apple and if I don't trust any of those things, there's no point in living in 2017 and I could as well move back to the 80s. I mean yeah it's not "necessary" but it makes life easier and opens doors we couldn't even dream of thirty years ago. :dunno: 

Hmm. I haven't used my apple account in years. There is usually an option to "skip" the step to fill in my card details. Certainly the case with Google accounts etc. I tend to just put my details in as and when needed

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Personally I'd love to be thrown back in time to the 80s, it looked fun.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hmm. I haven't used my apple account in years. There is usually an option to "skip" the step to fill in my card details. Certainly the case with Google accounts etc. I tend to just put my details in as and when needed

Me thinks this doesn't work with an Apple ID but then I'm quite clueless when it comes to technology. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Personally I'd love to be thrown back in time to the 80s, it looked fun.

That's not a decade I would pick, but I have no problem being thrown back in time either *.* 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Me thinks this doesn't work with an Apple ID but then I'm quite clueless when it comes to technology. 

That's not a decade I would pick, but I have no problem being thrown back in time either *.* 

The 80s or 60s would be great.

Archived