Acrophobia 28: Lomas Longstrider's notes - CONCLUDED

Dolorous Gabe

Oh, hell, voting! :lol:

1st.    5. TODAY OH DEAR …. NORVOSHI ORATORIO … BELLS ALL CLANGING  Made me laugh - the guide book writer hates bells clanging! ETA: and had to shout over them!

2nd.   6. Tones otherworldly, delightful. Norvoshi ostentatious but always charming.  A brief note about Norvos (see what I did)

3rd.    4. Toll, oh, dearest notes of bells, authorizing carnality! Hey, those Norvos priests control everything!

1 - 4. Toll, oh, dearest notes of bells, authorizing carnality!

2 - 1. Too odd, dinging Norvos, one beautifully audible crescendo

3 - 6. Tones otherworldly, delightful. Norvoshi ostentatious but always charming.

hm to all

ROUND THREE RESULTS

The Three Bells of Norvos

1. The Bastards Giant Friend 1+1 +3+2+3+2 +3 = 15

2. Raisin' Bran 1+1 +1+1 = 4

3. Fragile Bird 1+1 +1+1+2+3+2 = 11

4. Julia H. 1+1 +2+1+3 = 8

5. Castellan 1+1 +3 = 5

6. Lady Blizzardborn 1+1 +3+3+1+2+1 +3 = 15

7. lil' ghost 1+1 +2 = 4

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 3

Julia H. 29 + 8 = 37

Fragile Bird 24 + 11 = 35

Lady Blizzardborn 13 + 15 = 28

lil' ghost 23 + 4 = 27

The Bastards Giant Friend 10 + 15 = 25

Castellan 11 + 5 = 16

Raisin' Bran 11 + 4 = 15

Victory in this round was shared betwixt the unique Blizzardborn Lady and talented first-timer The Bastards Giant Friend. They took an equal number of points to surge up the table and create a three-pronged chasing pack alongside lil' ghost. The problem for them is that the ever-brilliant pair of frontrunners have an incredible game wisdom with which they rarely pick up few enough points to be caught and can anytime submit a magical round-winner. Speaking of whom, Fragile Bird has closed the gap on Julia H. at the top to just two points. Meanwhile, Castellan and Raisin' Bran have enough experience to know that a couple of great entries can get them right back into the mix.

As ever, please check my tallies. I may have wronged you accidentally.

Onwards, for the Last Of The Giants is lamenting...

ROUND FOUR VOTING

VALYRIAN ROADS

1. Paved in brick! Runs straight! Invitingly navigable! Marvellous!

2. Phenomenal inter-region byways remain sound, inspire notable marveling.

3. Passages interconnected brimstone rulers: straight, invariable – necromancer-made?

4. Powerful, immense, beautiful rivers, sun intense now. Marvelous!

5. Paved in blood, road sits immortal. Nothing matches...

6. Prepared impeccably, beastly resilient soils immortalize nation's might.

7. Proud, ingeniously built roads, seemingly infinite, notably massive!

Another Splendid Seven. Vote again for your favourite three in order of preference.

Voting concludes on Tuesday 11th of April at 10pm UK time (can make it Wednesday if absolutely needed)

ROUND FIVE

THE TRIPLE WALLS OF QARTH

Lomas Longstrider visits Qarth to see the Triple Walls that fortify the city. Tell us, using the given acronym, something that the esteemed traveller wrote in his notes on his visit. It could be a broad, general comment or observation. It could be something very specific. It could be something we know, it could be something we don't know. Given that these are notes, it could be roughly written or it could be well written. The choice is yours.

D F R O H L T E B

Please submit by 10pm UK time on Tuesday 11th April (can make it Wednesday if absolutely needed)

First:      5. Paved in blood, road sits immortal. Nothing matches...

Second: 7. Proud, ingeniously built roads, seemingly infinite, notably massive!

Third:     2. Phenomenal inter-region byways remain sound, inspire notable marveling.

Might have to extend to tomorrow evening as I'm 2 entries short.

I will add the new assignment at some point tonight either way. I have a busy weekend so I will give you a much longer round this time as I may be unable to sort everything out till next Tuesday. Thus, I expect all R6 entries to be extraordinary.

Speaking of R6, there are two rounds left and therefore two wonders. I had in mind that we do the one we know stuff about in R6 and the one we know practically nothing about in R7 (in which there would be a much longer acronym). Does that sound reasonable or would you prefer it to be the other way around?

Hope you're all enjoying the topic. All comments welcome.

1st.   6. Prepared impeccably, beastly resilient soils immortalize nation's might.

2nd.    3. Passages interconnected brimstone rulers: straight, invariable – necromancer-made?

3rd.    2. Phenomenal inter-region byways remain sound, inspire notable marveling.

ROUND SIX

THE TITAN OF BRAAVOS

Lomas Longstrider visits Braavos to see the renowned Titan. Tell us, using the given acronym, something that the esteemed traveller wrote in his notes on his visit. It could be a broad, general comment or observation. It could be something very specific. It could be something we know, it could be something we don't know. Given that these are notes, it could be roughly written or it could be well written. The choice is yours.

T T F I W B L C

The deadline will be set to Tuesday 18th of April at 11pm UK time (BST)

Archived