STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 4

Julia H. 37 + 9 = 46

The Bastards Giant Friend 25 + 17 = 42

Fragile Bird 35 + 4 = 39

Lady Blizzardborn 28 + 4 = 32

lil' ghost 27 + 5 = 32

Raisin' Bran 15 + 16 = 31

Castellan 16 + 7 = 23

At this point it is tempting to wonder how many points The Bastards Giant Friend would have scored in R1, because he is now just 4 points behind Julia H. in the lead. Raisin' Bran found some of that champion form of two games ago and shares the 1st place bonus with the new challenger. Fragile Bird, meanwhile, is lamenting the throwing away of her first draft for being melodramatic, which of course began “Paved in blood.” Raisin' Bran's terrific round sees him join Lady Blizzardborn and lil' ghost in the chasing pack, all of whom know that two round-winning entries could put them right in the mix. Meanwhile, Castellan rocks!

Do check my tallies, for you might have cause for complaint!

Onwards on our journey, for the Last Giant might crush us and the Dornishman might poison us.

ROUND 5 VOTING

THE TRIPLE WALLS OF QARTH

1. Delightful frames – ravishing objects – here lies the everlasting beauty

2. Defenses feature romanticized, outrageous history. ...lust...triumph...even beasts

3. Decorated first, runner-up, okay. Hot lovers third? Easily best!

4. Delightful fauna. Raiders oppugned. Habits lascivious. Traveler's epidermis burns.

5. Description fails: Ramparts of haunting lithographs, tastefully engraved battlements.

6. Dothraki ferociously riding our heels, loved these extraordinary bulwarks.

7. Delightful fauna - rampart one; hostilities, losses - two; erotica – BLIMEY!

Another splendid seven for you to choose your favourite three from in order of preference. May the gods smile upon all ye acrophobes!

The deadline will be on Tuesday 18th April at 11pm UK time (BST)

Hope you all have a positively smashing week!

21 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Speaking of R6, there are two rounds left and therefore two wonders. I had in mind that we do the one we know stuff about in R6 and the one we know practically nothing about in R7 (in which there would be a much longer acronym). Does that sound reasonable or would you prefer it to be the other way around?

As long as my final round acro last game?

By the way, I think it took me a bit to find my stride this game. Perhaps I was just rusty.

21 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Hope you're all enjoying the topic. All comments welcome.

I think this theme has left more room to be inventive (at least of the last few games I played).

First:      6. Dothraki ferociously riding our heels, loved these extraordinary bulwarks. (sounds like an exciting trip to Qarth)

Second: 4. Delightful fauna. Raiders oppugned. Habits lascivious. Traveler's epidermis burns.

Third:     5. Description fails: Ramparts of haunting lithographs, tastefully engraved battlements.

2 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

At this point it is tempting to wonder how many points The Bastards Giant Friend would have scored in R1,

Perhaps TBGF is just a disguised mystery knight and is, in reality, our conveniently missing friend, @Howlin' Howland.

29 minutes ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Perhaps TBGF is just a disguised mystery knight and is, in reality, our conveniently missing friend, @Howlin' Howland.

Oooh a theory!

Now, has anybody seen H'H and TBGF in the same room together? :P

38 minutes ago, Raisin' Bran said:

As long as my final round acro last game?

By the way, I think it took me a bit to find my stride this game. Perhaps I was just rusty.

I think this theme has left more room to be inventive (at least of the last few games I played).

Probably not as long as that but I haven't decided yet :idea:

It happens. My mojo comes and goes and some topics suit my style more than others.

That's what I was hoping for but I have a feeling it wouldn't have suited me had I been playing it.

20 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

20 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Oooh a theory!

Now, has anybody seen H'H and TBGF in the same room together? :P

LOL, so now we have disguised identity theories about each other? ;)

Anyway, the Giant is really a giant. I can hear his giant footsteps as he is running now close on my heels. Just one more giant step and he will overtake me! 

Oh, and I mustn't forget about that Bird either - after all, she has wings!

My votes:

1) 4

2) 7

3) 2

1. 7. Delightful fauna - rampart one; hostilities, losses - two; erotica – BLIMEY!

2. 2. Defenses feature romanticized, outrageous history. ...lust...triumph...even beasts

3. 5. Description fails: Ramparts of haunting lithographs, tastefully engraved battlements.

1st.    7. Delightful fauna - rampart one; hostilities, losses - two; erotica – BLIMEY!

2nd.    5. Description fails: Ramparts of haunting lithographs, tastefully engraved battlements.

3rd.    1. Delightful frames – ravishing objects – here lies the everlasting beauty

HM to everyone else - I think the standard here was amazing!

1 - 2. Defenses feature romanticized, outrageous history. ...lust...triumph...even beasts

2 - 5. Description fails: Ramparts of haunting lithographs, tastefully engraved battlements.

3 - 3. Decorated first, runner-up, okay. Hot lovers third? Easily best!

Hey all, I've got all votes and all new entries now so I think I'll go ahead.

Apologies to all for my lack of helpfulness today. What should have been a restful day turned into a hectic one and I am severely tired now and struggling to focus, so please do check my tallies when I publish results, though I may not correct any issues till tomorrow.

No vote changes now, please. Any changes to your new entries must be delivered soon.

ROUND FIVE RESULTS

The Triple Walls of Qarth

1. lil' ghost 1+1 +1 = 3

2. Raisin' Bran 1+1 +1+1+2+3 = 9

3. Fragile Bird 1+1 +1+1 = 4

4. Lady Blizzardborn 1+1 +2+2+2+3 = 11

5. Julia H. 1+1 +1+3+1+2+2 = 11

6. The Bastards Giant Friend 1+1 +3+3 +3 = 11

7. Castellan 1+1 +2+3+3 +3 = 13

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND FIVE

Julia H. 46 + 11 = 57

The Bastards Giant Friend 42 +11 = 53

Fragile Bird 39 + 4 = 43

Lady Blizzardborn 32 + 11 = 43

Raisin' Bran 31 + 9 = 40

Castellan 23 +13 = 36

lil' ghost 32 + 3 = 35

Perhaps reflecting the high standard all-round, Round Five was incredibly close-fought. Congrats to Castellan for winning the round, narrowly taking the most points but sharing the 1st place bonus with The Bastards Giant Friend. Despite this, Julia H managed to take the same number of points as her closest challenger, matching his giant steps to remain 4 points in front. Lady Blizzardborn matched the strides of the two leaders, drawing level with Fragile Bird in the process. Meanwhile, Raisin' Bran continues his upsurge in form with another decent haul in a hard-fought round. This time, lil' ghost rocks!

Once again, do check my tallies in case a mistake was made.

The Dornishman's Wife is tired and the Last of the Giants is sleepy. Still, onwards we must travel!

ROUND SIX

The Titan Of Braavos

1. Titan touts fearsomeness. I wanna bed lovely courtesan.

2. Towering tyrant frightens incoming wanderers. Bellows loud cacophonies.

3. Those thighs... feelings inside waxing... Braavosi lovin' contemplated.

4. 'Tween Titan's feet! Imagining workers building, lifetimes consumed

5. Titan's troops fight invaders with boldly launched catapults.

6. The traveller freezes in wonderment. Bravura, liberty, competence!

7. Tremendous, towering feature inviting. Welcoming, Braavosi, lost creatures

Vote again for your favourite three in order of preference.

I'll give you another week, then the final vote should only need a few days. Deadline is Tuesday 25th April at 10pm UK time (BST)

ROUND SEVEN

THE PALACE WITH A THOUSAND ROOMS

Lomas Longstrider visits Sarnath, now known by its Dothraki name of Vaes Khewo (meaning City Of Worms) to see what is left of The Palace With A Thousand Rooms. Tell us, using the given acronym, something that the esteemed traveller wrote in his notes on his visit. It could be a broad, general comment or observation. It could be something very specific. It could be something of what precious little we know, it will likely be something we don't know. Given that these are notes, it could be roughly written or it could be well written. The choice is yours.

S I D R B C P A G N T E M R

The deadline will be on Tuesday 25th of April at 10pm UK time (BST)

First:      4. 'Tween Titan's feet! Imagining workers building, lifetimes consumed

Second: 2. Towering tyrant frightens incoming wanderers. Bellows loud cacophonies.

Third:     1. Titan touts fearsomeness. I wanna bed lovely courtesan.

HM to 6

Archived