ROUND ONE RESULTS

1: Raisin' Bran – 1+1 +2 = 4

2: Julia H. - 1+1 +2+3+2+3+2+1 +3* = 18

3: Castellan – 1+1 +1+3 = 6

4: Lady Blizzardborn – 1+1 +1+3 = 6

5: lil' ghost – 1+1 +1+1+2+3+2 = 11

6: Fragile Bird – 1+1 +3+2+3+1+1 +3* = 15

Vote: The Bastards Giant Friend = 1

* the 4 point bonus will become 3 points if shared by two players, then 2 points if shared by three players

STANDINGS after R1

Julia H. 17

Fragile Bird 14

lil' ghost 11

Castellan 6

Lady Blizzardborn 6

Raisin' Bran 4

The Bastards Giant Friend 1

The usual suspects shared the 1st place bonus in Round One, with 3-time-champion Julia H. taking the top spot just ahead of 4-time-champion Fragile Bird. Lurking just behind, a lil' ghost-ly apparition awaits the opportune moment to spring upon the leaders. The stalwart Castellan holds the middle ground with the whirlwind Lady B cooking up a storm. Playing his first game since his victory of two games ago, the cereal Stark Raisin' Bran is already plotting his climb. Meanwhile, another very warm welcome goes out to our new Acrophobic cohort, The Bastards Giant Friend, an unknown quantity and, judging by what he would have submitted in R1, a potential danger to the seasoned campaigners above.

All to play for!

As usual, please check my tallies in case a mistake was made, which is always possible.

As I am just awaiting one more submission for R2 voting, the next post will be the R3 assignment.

ROUND THREE

THE THREE BELLS OF NORVOS (NOOM, NARRAH, AND NYEL)

Lomas Longstrider visits Norvos to see The Three Bells, of which we know practically nothing. Tell us, using the given acronym, something that the esteemed traveller wrote in his notes on his visit. It could be a broad, general comment or observation. It could be something very specific. It could be something we know, it could be something we don't know. Given that these are notes, it could be roughly written or it could be well written. The choice is yours.

T O D N O B A C

The deadline will be set provisionally to Saturday 1st April at 5pm UK time (BST)

ROUND TWO VOTING

The Long Bridge of Volantis

1. Beautiful nightfall. Fairly peaceful evening, wind blowing elegantly.

2. ... Bridge nearly feels positively endless. Walls blacken east...

3. Bridge's nearly full. People enjoy wholesale bargaining everywhere.

4. Bondsmen, not freedmen, provided erection. Wooden buildings encroach.

5. Beware nighttime folk! Pickpockets, easy women, beggars! E-coli!

6. Bargaining neath fabulous porticos, East, West, best extent.

7. Bridging near, far. Painstakingly erected web. Beautifully engineered.

And so the Super Six becomes a Splendid Seven. Vote for your top three again, please. Good luck!

The deadline will be set provisionally to Saturday 1st April at 5pm UK time (BST)

First:      5. Beware nighttime folk! Pickpockets, easy women, beggars! E-coli!

Second: 2. ... Bridge nearly feels positively endless. Walls blacken east...

Third:     1. Beautiful nightfall. Fairly peaceful evening, wind blowing elegantly.

Honestly, I love every entry for this round, even my own.

I could imagine all of them being in his book and on the same page

1st - 3 simple, yet seems like the 'truth'

2nd - 7

3rd - 4

HM 5 (you got bumped after my first vote) and 6 (i started to appreciate 3 a lot more the 3rd read through)

It's true! They're all great!

1st.  1. Beautiful nightfall. Fairly peaceful evening, wind blowing elegantly.  I just liked the feeling evoked

2nd.  2. ... Bridge nearly feels positively endless. Walls blacken east...   ditto

3rd.   6. Bargaining neath fabulous porticos, East, West, best extent.   I liked the idea of bargaining beneath porticos

Honestly, I could have picked the other three as well.

ROUND TWO RESULTS

1: lil' ghost – 1+1 +1+3+3 +3 = 12

2: The Bastards Giant Friend – 1+1 +3+2+2 = 9

3: Julia H. - 1+1 +1+3+3 +3 = 12

4: Raisin' Bran – 1+1 +2+2+1 = 7

5: Fragile Bird – 1+1 +1+2+3+2 = 10

6: Castellan – 1+1 +1+1+1 = 5

7: Lady Blizzardborn – 1+1 +3+2 = 7

STANDINGS after R2

Julia H. 17 + 12 = 29

Fragile Bird 14 +10 = 24

lil' ghost 11 + 12 = 23

Lady Blizzardborn 6 + 7 = 13

Castellan 6 + 5 = 11

Raisin' Bran 4 + 7 = 11

The Bastards Giant Friend 1 + 9 = 10

No major changes in the standings after a well-fought round in which every entry was well received. In another shared round victory, Julia H this time shared the bonus points with lil' ghost, who very nearly caught up with Fragile Bird in 2nd place, but the canny Bird flapped those wings and kept the small apparition at bay. The Bastards Giant Friend took a strong first tally of 9 points to enter the fray in a congested chasing pack, all of whom are hoping the leading triumvirate have peaked way too soon. Everything can change in an instant. Game on!

As usual, please check my tallies in case a mistake was made.

Onwards to Norvos!

ROUND THREE VOTING

The Three Bells of Norvos (Noom, Narrah, and Nyel)

1. Too odd, dinging Norvos, one beautifully audible crescendo

2. Tremendous ostent during Norvos' overmodest beginning... alloyed copper.

3. Tolling organizes days, nights. Obnoxious, but also...calming.

4. Toll, oh, dearest notes of bells, authorizing carnality!

5. TODAY OH DEAR …. NORVOSHI ORATORIO … BELLS ALL CLANGING

6. Tones otherworldly, delightful. Norvoshi ostentatious but always charming.

7. This one's deceptively nomenclature....ominous bells actually conventional..?

Another Splendid Seven to mull over. Please vote for your top three as usual.

The deadline will be provisionally set to Wednesday 6th April at 10pm UK time (BST)

ROUND FOUR

VALYRIAN ROADS

Lomas Longstrider walks the Valyrian Roads. Tell us, using the given acronym, something that the esteemed traveller wrote in his notes on his walks. You may choose which part of which Valyrian Road he is walking along when he jots this note. It could be a broad, general comment or observation. It could be something very specific. It could be something we know, it could be something we don't know. Given that these are notes, it could be roughly written or it could be well written. The choice is yours.

P I B R S I N M

The deadline will be provisionally set to Wednesday 6th April at 10pm UK time (BST)

Extensions should be okay this week if needed (just let me know in reasonable time)

First:      1. Too odd, dinging Norvos, one beautifully audible crescendo

Second: 7. This one's deceptively nomenclature....ominous bells actually conventional..?

Third:     3. Tolling organizes days, nights. Obnoxious, but also...calming.

HM to 4, inventive!

Archived