Could someone please let me know who the mods are?

King in t'North

They are dead singers...

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. The singers of the forest had no books. No ink, no parchment, no written language. Instead they had the trees, and the weirwoods above all. When they died, they went into the wood, into leaf and limb and root, and the trees remembered. All their songs and spells, their histories and prayers, everything they knew about this world. Maesters will tell you that the weirwoods are sacred to the mods. The singers believe they are the mods. When singers die they become part of that modhood.

You don't want to know how they were wed to the forum. 

2 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

They are dead singers...

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. The singers of the forest had no books. No ink, no parchment, no written language. Instead they had the trees, and the weirwoods above all. When they died, they went into the wood, into leaf and limb and root, and the trees remembered. All their songs and spells, their histories and prayers, everything they knew about this world. Maesters will tell you that the weirwoods are sacred to the mods. The singers believe they are the mods. When singers die they become part of that modhood.

You don't want to know how they were wed to the forum. 

I just imagined some guy sitting in a server bank with cat 5 cable growing through one of his eye sockets. Thank you for that.

It's pretty clear from the pinned post near the top of the ASOIAF (book) forum entitled, "Show spoilers - important" from May of 2016, before Season 6 of the (GoT) show:

As the show goes out, we want to be clear on our policy regarding spoilers for the benefit of all users.

We understand that developments in the TV show may or may not turn out to be relevant to the plot of future books. Accordingly, they may or may not be spoilers for future books. Our policy on this is precautionary and is an extension of our existing policy on show/book discussion. Discussion of the show should go in the show forums: this includes discussion of plot points from the series, and whether they tell us anything about the future direction of the books.
At the same time we recognise that there are users who are not watching the series and prefer to remain unspoiled. This may or may not prove possible in the long run, but we prefer not to make it any harder.
This means that no show spoilers of any kind should be posted in the book forums. No hints, no speculation, nothing. Any breach of that rule will result in a suspension: no excuses and no exceptions.

1 hour ago, the Other Wolf said:

I am a book only, no cable.

T'north posted GOT points earlier today and had issue with me not wanting to see GOT stuff. 

His post was removed by the mods I guess.

Mods are not mocked, girl.

2 minutes ago, the Other Wolf said:

Who is mocking the mods? I cannot stand those that post GOT stuff here. i am supporting the mods and the rules.

BTW, Thanks for the new gender assignment.

Hey, I am on your side on that issue. And you can now use any bathroom you want, so what is the point of gender? (Actually, I was quoting the faceless man that paid Arya's debt to the red god.) 

13 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Hey, I am on your side on that issue. And you can now use any bathroom you want, so what is the point of gender? (Actually, I was quoting the faceless man that paid Arya's debt to the red god.) 

My mistake. I took it as you refering to me.  Either way, I was joking with my gender comment.

I am both a book reader and a series viewer, and I really like the fact that there are such strict rules on the forum.

There are also a lot of book readers, who never watched the show, and who never will watch the show. Giving them (false) information from the show, is not a good idea.

The series are an adaptation of the books, a lot (yes, a lot) of characters have been changed, removed, or merged causing storylines to mismatch between the 2. Let's be honest, season 1 of the show, pretty much followed the book, with just some minor changes.

However, during the seasons, more characters got merged, removed or so completely changed that only the most crucial storyline is the same. A lot of other stuff is clearly different (no, not stuffed, but different).
Also, since the show is now ahead of the books, and because the storylines are so extremely different, you can simply not assume that things from the show will be in the books.

By the way, has anybody been accused of modicide yet?

12 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Give me OPs who are fat and corrupt and cynical, the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It's the ones who believe in Mods who make the trouble.

:lmao:

Archived