Would it be possible...

TheSeer27

Re-reading the Varamyr prologue in Dance and had a weird thought, what would happen if he or Jon or a powerful skinchanger tried to warg into a White Walker? Would it even be possible? I mean, we know so little of them but they are alive, and have thoughts and minds of their own. Or do you think they wouldn't be susceptible to the change?

The Others/White Walkers themselves may not even be actual physical entities. GRRM said that what happened when Sam stabbed Puddles is that the dragonglass stabbing broke the spell holding him together. If it's not a physical being, it is probably not possible to skinchange into it.

2 hours ago, Agents of Fortune said:

Some would say skinchanging is how the Great Other controls his wights.  This leads to the theory that the Starks and the White Walkers are connected.

It's an interesting theory but the Starks are not the only skinchangers. Bloodraven has no Stark blood, and likely gets his abilities through is Blackwood mother. We don't actually know if there is a Great Other.

2 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

The Others/White Walkers themselves may not even be actual physical entities. GRRM said that what happened when Sam stabbed Puddles is that the dragonglass stabbing broke the spell holding him together. If it's not a physical being, it is probably not possible to skinchange into it.

It's an interesting theory but the Starks are not the only skinchangers. Bloodraven has no Stark blood, and likely gets his abilities through is Blackwood mother. We don't actually know if there is a Great Other.

I'd say its a well known fact that Starks aren't the only skinchangers.

The Others are very much alive, think for themselves, and are made of flesh and bones, of a different sort to humans sure, but still flesh and bones. 

So one would think that a powerful Skinchanger could maybe slip into their skin. Interesting question actually. Has GRRM made it possible and will he include something like this? Or will he simply make it that it is impossible to Skinchange an Other. Worth keeping an eye out for.

It is suppose to be super hard to warg in a person,just how much harder would it be to warg in a thousands upon thousands of year old mind? And the others may have some form of defence like wraiths from stargate atlantis that shared a telepatical network.

9 hours ago, prcxfo said:

It is suppose to be super hard to warg in a person,just how much harder would it be to warg in a thousands upon thousands of year old mind? And the others may have some form of defence like wraiths from stargate atlantis that shared a telepatical network.

I don't think we have any information on how long an individual Other lives. That the Others present in the current story are the same individuals from the Long Night is merely a theory that some readers have. But please correct me if there is information regarding the lifespan of an Other. This is something that I wonder about; is their lifespan on par with humans? Children of the Forest? Dragons? Or even longer?

EDIT:  I used "there" instead of "their." I'm very upset with myself for this mistake.

9 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

You'd think so, but no one ever mentions the Blackwoods being connected to the Others because of skinchanging ability.

True enough.

Archived