Moqorro's quote to Tyrion

One-eyed Misbehavin

"Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all.”

Forgive me... But who/what/which one is the old dragon? To me the rest makes since but feel free to discuss it too. 

I know sheepstealer was still alive after the dwd (a very long time ago) and the cannibal was said to be even older but it's unlikely they'd be in ASOIAF. 

3 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

"Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all.”

Forgive me... But who/what/which one is the old dragon? To me the rest makes since but feel free to discuss it too. 

I know sheepstealer was still alive after the dwd (a very long time ago) and the cannibal was said to be even older but it's unlikely they'd be in ASOIAF. 

Bloodraven would meet the definition of an old dragon.

Old and young could just be throwing in the likes of Jon, Dany Aegon and Bloodraven in together, the true and false is probably a reference to Aegon perhaps being paraded as the true heir but likely not being so, while Jon and Dany are what we would class as more "true" Dragons I suppose, being of Aerys and Rhaellas line. Bright and dark, does this mean in like good or bad? Well intentioned and bad intentioned or something along those lines??. Not sure, maybe the whole quote is in reference to the people mentioned as Dragons but also the actual Dragons themselves too which are a combination of bright and dark. 

3 hours ago, PCK said:

If it is Bloodraven, I suppose that implies Tyrion will head back north at a later time.

Tyrion will certainly return to Westeros and I agree there is a very healthy chance he will return to the North. Although I think the passage is simply meaning that all these "Dragons" will be playing their respective big parts in the coming events from wherever they are while Tyrion is very much a massive part of events in his own right, making his own mark on things amidst everything going on. Tyrion, the small man with the big shadow I think may well be alive right at the end, lasting through the next DWD and the next War for the Dawn. 

Old and young are House Targaryen and House Blackfyre True and false are Daenerys, daughter of Aerys and Aegon son of Rhaegar. Bright and dark are the red dragon and the black dragon.

Tyrion is llike the deuteragonist of a classical play. He will bounce between the protagonist and antagonist of the second main conflict of A Song of Ice and Fire, Daenerys and Aegon, respectively.

Old and young = Aemon and Jon Snow

True and false = Aegon and Daenerys

Bright and dark = Jaime and Cersei (yes, I am a huge supporter of Lannister twins being Mad King's bastards)

And he is "snarling" among them. Dragons do not snarl, lions do. That kinda enforces the idea that he is Tywin's only and true child, not Mad King's.

6 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Old and young are House Targaryen and House Blackfyre True and false are Daenerys, daughter of Aerys and Aegon son of Rhaegar. Bright and dark are the red dragon and the black dragon.

Tyrion is llike the deuteragonist of a classical play. He will bounce between the protagonist and antagonist of the second main conflict of A Song of Ice and Fire, Daenerys and Aegon, respectively.

Or Old and Young are people, True and False are people, Bright and Dark are Brightflame and Blackfyre.

Agreed about Tyrion's bouncing. 

9 hours ago, Macgregor of the North said:

Old and young could just be throwing in the likes of Jon, Dany Aegon and Bloodraven in together, the true and false is probably a reference to Aegon perhaps being paraded as the true heir but likely not being so, while Jon and Dany are what we would class as more "true" Dragons I suppose, being of Aerys and Rhaellas line. Bright and dark, does this mean in like good or bad? Well intentioned and bad intentioned or something along those lines??. Not sure, maybe the whole quote is in reference to the people mentioned as Dragons but also the actual Dragons themselves too which are a combination of bright and dark. 

There's also the chance it's red or black dragon in which case I'd say Dany or Bloodraven is red and Faegon (Blackfyre but still a dragon) or Varys (Possible Blackfyre) would represent black. (Idk could be opposite) 

Keep in mind that false doesn't have to mean fake or duplicitous. Aegon could be Rhaegar's son and a dragon without being who he thinks he is (unlikely, but possible). Other possible ways of assigning the dragons...

Singles (traditional)
Old = Bloodraven/Aemon
Young = Dany
True = Aegon
False = Illyrio (Blackfyre)
Bright = Varys (Brightflame)
Dark = Jon (wears black, had the darker look of the Starks as opposed to shiny Targness)

Pairs
Old = Bloodraven/Aemon 
Young  = Jon
True = Aegon
False  = Dany (the only character who keeps getting told "remember who you are" so maybe not being "true" to herself)
Bright = Varys (Brightflame)
Dark = Daario (Blackfyre)

Trios
Old = Bloodraven/Aemon         Or (Old=BR, True=Aemon, Bright=Jon...the three NW dragons)
True = Jon
Bright = Dany (shiny, pretty little thing)
Young = Aegon                         Or (Young=Dany, False/Dark=Aegon, False/Dark=Daario/Varys...the three non-NW dragons)
False = Varys/Illyrio
Dark = Illyrio/Daario

On 3/16/2017 at 6:07 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Why would he reference House Blackfyre as something current that Tyrion is "snarling in the middle of?" Is this an insight into the whole Illyrio's wife/FAegon theory?

Side note: People like Dany for the most part, but we know there is a chance she could turn out to be crazy like her father. Maybe she's the dark dragon and Jon's the light.

11 hours ago, Joey Crows said:

Why would he reference House Blackfyre as something current that Tyrion is "snarling in the middle of?" Is this an insight into the whole Illyrio's wife/FAegon theory?

Side note: People like Dany for the most part, but we know there is a chance she could turn out to be crazy like her father. Maybe she's the dark dragon and Jon's the light.

ASOIAF consists of three main conflicts, the War of the Five Kings, the Second Dance of the Dragons, and the War for the Dawn. The first is pretty much done, with the surving characters finding their way into the remaining conflicts, but I suppose its final resolution will see a Stark in Winterfell. I believe Daenerys Targaryen is the protagonist of the second main conflict, which was begun in the third chapter of Game, and that Jon Snow is the protagonist of the final main conflict, which, ironically, was begun in the prologue to Game. I believe Aegon is Daenerys's primary antagonist, and that he is The Blackfyre. I believe the second main conflict will revolve around the interaction of these two characters, and that Tyrion, will bounce back and forth between them. I suspect that none of those three characters will survive the second main conflict, but I suspect that it will be resolved by the third fire Daenerys must light for love

15 hours ago, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

OLD Aemon

YOUNG Daenerys

TRUE Rhaegar

FALSE Viserys

BRIGHT Illyrio

DARK Varys

I left Jon Snow off because being a Targaryen does not make him a dragon .

Tyrion is not going to be snarling in the middle of the dead dragons so you can cross off Dany's brothers.

Being a Targaryen does make him a dragon. If you can include Viserys (of whom Dany says "he was no dragon") you can't exclude Jon. A false dragon is still a dragon. False doesn't have to mean fake.

Archived