Your Hero: Top 3

Is a hero someone who is very brave, or is it someone who is both very brave and morally good?

If the former, there are really too many to count.  If the latter, I'd probably say Brienne, Ser Duncan, and Davos.

I think that people like Ser Barristan Selmy, Ser Arthur Dayne, and Daenerys are borderline.  They all have plenty of courage and frequently behave decently, but their status as heroes is compromised by the way the first two served a tyrant, and the last one has quite a cruel streak.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 7:38 AM, Lame Lothar Frey said:

Who are your top three heroes in the story?

Mine are:

1. Willem Darry - He smuggled baby Daenerys and young Prince Viserys out of Dragonstone.  He remained loyal to the royal Targaryens.
  2. Qhorin the Halfhand - He sacrificed his life for his mission.
  3. Daenerys Stormborn - She is working to end the slave trade.  Liberated the Unsullied from the masters.
  1. Daenerys.  The Breaker of Chains, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Most Beautiful Woman in the World, and the Unburnt. 
  2. Aenar Targaryen.  Saved his family from the Doom of Valyria, settled his family on Dragonstone.
  3. Varys.  He's working to take back the kingdom from the usurpers and return it to its rightful rulers.

4 hours ago, Dofs said:

Not really sure what's so heroic about Barristan.

Or Dany she has her heart is in the right place but she has certainly done some horrific shit.

1) Davos

2) Brienne

3) Doran Martell

Waymar Royce - faces an Other, unprepared for the fact that such things even existed. Instead of freezing up, running away or hiding himself, he pulls out his sword and says: Dance with me then.

Quentyn Martell - went in to the Dragon pit, and tried to tame Viserion. 

Brienne of Tarth - stepping out of the stable at the crossroad inn to face Rorge and his men.

Archived