Which non-POV character would you most like to read from their POV and why?

TheSeer27

I think Varys is probably everyone's first pick, but I'm a big LittleFinger fan and have always found him very amusing (especially in the 1st book). And of course, maybe finding something in his chapter that could point to what his endgame is would be huge.

Varys for sure...he's fascinating

Littlefinger because he's Litllefinger

I'd have to say Illyrio as well

Maybe OIenna Tyrell because the whole Joffrey murder, and she is the mastermind of her House. Her son seems to be a dipshit, and if not Olenna, maybe Margarey since she's the other brain behind Highgarden.

And I kinda wish that we could have seen Robb's thinking firsthand - not through Catelyn.

My top two picks have already been taken: Varys and Olenna, so for a third choice I would have to say Tywin I'd love to know what he really thought about Joffrey, Cersei etc.

Post Tywin death and in the story going forward then I'd say Edmure, would love for us to have a window in the lands to the West. 

8 minutes ago, Therae said:

Varys and Sandor Clegane.

Oh good shout, he would be an excellent POV. 

I'd be quite tempted by a Roose Bolton one too I think, I'd love to know what was going through his mind with everything going on in Winterfell at the end of ADWD 

I find people like Varys and Littlefinger and Tywin to be much more interesting when we dont see what's inside their heads. Same with Doran Martell -- hell, that's the whole reason Areo "boring tripod" Hotah exists.

Buuuuut if I had to pick, I'd go with Tywin anyway, cause he's super interesting. Stannis too.. Maybe.
I wish the epilogue of Dance had been Pycelle instead of Kevan. It would have been neat to know some of his knowledge and secrets and opinions on a lot of stuff before he died. 

How about The Reader, after Euron shows up?

I bet he's got some pretty intense and useful knowledge from all of that reading he does, he's like Sam if Sam had been allowed to just be Sam and become Lord.

"Day 52 at sea. Saw some minor action. Took no prisoners, which is a shame because I'd love to learn about their culture. Wonder how Asha is doing. Too bad I didn't get to go with Victarion. I'd love to find out if that book I have about dragons is reliable or a giant festering load of shite. Which reminds me...wish I was at home in my library instead of going around reaving for King Giant Festering Load of Shite."

Robb - He is offstage too much, and even when present, having his story told by Bran and catelyn isn'[t really satisfying.  Would have been neat to see the whole Westerling affair instead of just hearing about it.

Margaery - Another perspective on KL,Cersei, and Tommen.   Plus it would be nice to know how innocent she really is.  I think she was genuinely surprised by Cersei's attack on her.

Varys and Littlefinger know too much so I would want to avoid them, especially since the story isn't really about them.  

A Tyrell, any Tyrell. I'll take what I can get. I'd prefer Olenna because her cantankerous voice would be hilarious and she's got decades of gossip to dish out. Plus, we could see Highgarden from her POV. 

I also wouldn't say no to a wildling POV (Val) or a Tully (Edmure).

4 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I was going to say Varys as well.

I'll also add Margaery Tyrell. Wonder what's going on in her head.

Littlefinger would be interesting too, but I'm not sure I want a look inside his mind.

Me too, I'd love to have her POV, or from another Tyrrell, but hers especially.

21 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

A Tyrell, any Tyrell. I'll take what I can get. I'd prefer Olenna because her cantankerous voice would be hilarious and she's got decades of gossip to dish out. Plus, we could see Highgarden from her POV.

Yep Olenna and Margaery. I'd gladly trade all the Greyhoys, all the Dornish POVs, Barristan Selmy and half of Arya's chapters for that. 

Euron or Ramsay-- It would be interesting to hear a POV from someone truly evil. We never got a Joffrey POV. Cersei is the closest to an evil POV so far in the series, and her chapters are fascinating.

Patchface--It would be funny if it was later revealed that Patchface is a sinister agent of the Great Other. I find him to be the most creepy character in the series.

Varys-- How do we even know that he is even a eunuch? I think that the whole bit about him having no manly parts is a ruse....part of one of his many guises. It would be hilarious if it was later revealed that Aegon 6 is the son of the Spider.

Val-- I just love everything about her, and would love to know if she's as in love with Lord Crow as it appears.

Mace Tyrell-- I refuse to believe that he is as dumb as he appears. Perhaps he too is playing the game of thrones by purposely coming off as slow in order to screen the actions of his so-called more competent kin.

Randall Tarly-- This would be so metal. He's the closest thing to Tywin in the series....and the only man in the 7K to best King Bobby.

Qyburn-- He reminds me of that Nazi Doctor from the holocaust, (Mengle?) While he is an academic and looks normal......he is capable of committing monstrous acts on the orders of his superiors. He is the second creepiest character after Patchface and the type  of person to torture a child slowly, all while taking notes for research.

2 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

How about The Reader, after Euron shows up?

"Day 52 at sea. Saw some minor action. Took no prisoners, which is a shame because I'd love to learn about their culture. Wonder how Asha is doing. Too bad I didn't get to go with Victarion. I'd love to find out if that book I have about dragons is reliable or a giant festering load of shite. Which reminds me...wish I was at home in my library instead of going around reaving for King Giant Festering Load of Shite."

Ah, you've just persuaded me!  I don't normally care much for the Ironborn but your Reader impression makes me want to read him now.

As others have said, Varys and LF would give away too much but a Tyrrel POV could be nice... Willas? Away from all the scheming in KL, giving us a perspective on the family and the Reach.

Also, a wildling POV could be nice... Tormund, and his secret feelings of inadequacy as regards his member, but also wildling "politics", culture... Just to get to know someone north of the Wall better, their experiences, insights, feelings.

Archived