Which non-POV character would you most like to read from their POV and why?

TheSeer27

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, Walda said:

Hodor -Hodor.

If we had more Hodor chapters maybe TWOW would be done by now, good call!

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, FreeWifi said:

Euron or Ramsay-- It would be interesting to hear a POV from someone truly evil. We never got a Joffrey POV. Cersei is the closest to an evil POV so far in the series, and her chapters are fascinating.

Patchface--It would be funny if it was later revealed that Patchface is a sinister agent of the Great Other. I find him to be the most creepy character in the series.

Varys-- How do we even know that he is even a eunuch? I think that the whole bit about him having no manly parts is a ruse....part of one of his many guises. It would be hilarious if it was later revealed that Aegon 6 is the son of the Spider.

Qyburn-- He reminds me of that Nazi Doctor from the holocaust, (Mengle?) While he is an academic and looks normal......he is capable of committing monstrous acts on the orders of his superiors. He is the second creepiest character after Patchface and the type  of person to torture a child slowly, all while taking notes for research.

I'm not sure if I completely agree or completely disagree with you on these.  Part of what makes these characters so creepy is that we only see them from a far.  Like with Qyburn's experiments, I'm slightly curious what he is doing and why, but find it much more eerie that I don't know.  I am of the opinion that Patchface is, while a relatively unimportant character, going to do something really evil and upsetting that will have dire consequences.  Like maybe he's the one the blows the real horn of Joramun to bring the wall down (not possible if Sam actually has it).  Or maybe he kills Stannis (like if they won the Battle of Ice and Stannis reunites with Selyse and Shireen at Winterfell or the Nightfort).  Not sure.  I haven't decided in the Drowned God vs. Storm God thing has any significance with Stannis being from the Stormlands and Patchface being drowned, any parallel to the Great Other vs. R'hllor, or if it's just a coincidence/tease.

I'd like a chapter from Osha to know what she's seen, what she believes, and what the hell she and Rickon have been up to.

An Olenna POV would be most welcome if TWOW is as dark as promised. Her humor could really balance that out. It would be great to find out the Tyrells have been in the game much longer than the reader was aware and the reader could backtrack through the series and find Tyrell imagery surrounding these events. Unlikely, I know...

I think I would need therapy after a Euron POV.

Tywin, I am surprised that no one has mentioned him. His memories about Joanna, memories with Tyrion and his Handship. Mistreatment by Aerys and process of ruining their friendship. And of course events of Wot5K and his return to power, his opinions of Joff, Cersei and Tommen, his feelings about Jaime being captive. Game he plazed with Tyrells and Oberyn, organisation of RW,...

13 hours ago, dariopatke said:

Tywin, I am surprised that no one has mentioned him. His memories about Joanna, memories with Tyrion and his Handship. Mistreatment by Aerys and process of ruining their friendship. And of course events of Wot5K and his return to power, his opinions of Joff, Cersei and Tommen, his feelings about Jaime being captive. Game he plazed with Tyrells and Oberyn, organisation of RW,...

Tywin was mentioned a few times on the first page. 

@Lucius Lovejoy Osha is a really good call, I completely forgot about her. 

I always wanted a chapter from Maester Aemon...

It would be a combination of one of the smartest yet humble guys in the story with so much life experience, an immense knowledge of the history of Westero and (i would assume) a pretty sharp mind for politic landscapes.

Honestly, im kind of glad we never got it though. The is so much potential there, i think i would only ever have been disappointed.)

On 22/03/2017 at 1:38 AM, dariopatke said:

As much as i like the character, i think he works better from a distance (we only see the image of power he presents to the world, which is exactly what the other characters see) 

Id only be interested in his POV for 2 reasons: his political and military mind (but Martin could do that with a dozen other characters too) and what he sees when he looks at Tyrion (id love to see his inner monologue when he is talking to Tyrion; is there any grudging respect or is it just loathing? Does he even see a reflection of himself?)

Lancel Lannister - Wouldn't it be interesting to read a POV during the internal struggles that led to his commitment to the Faith? He would be contemplating his life so far, so we would see his view of everyone in the Lannister family, of Robert, of Ned (who he would have observed as Robert's squire) and Sansa, of the High Septon (the High Sparrow & Faith Militant would be later in the story) and probably others we are familiar with.

Myranda Royce - The only POV we have about the situation in the Vale is Sansa's - and her focus is narrow and uninformed about any of the Vale's players outside the Eyrie. Myranda would help fill that gap, plus be another eye on Littlefinger, Sweet Robin, and Sansa.

Mance, so he could tell us he's not Arthur Dayne.

Craster, so he could tell us he's not BR's son.

Jyana Reed, so she could tell us she's not Ashara Dayne.

Melisandre, so she could tell us she's not Shiera.

Pod.  'Cause I wanna know what D&D knew.

I'd like to read Stannis' POV coz then we'd get to see a man of self doubt who is really a moral guy deeply troubled by his immoral acts. Olenna on the other hand is a person of less scruples but someone who hides it well and her POV would show her for the schemer and sour old woman she really is. 

Archived