Kong: Skull Island

ants

I saw this a couple weeks ago and left thinking it was a decent monster movie. And yes there are some stupid character/plot decisions but that seems normal.

If Godzilla was 300'+ as referenced earlier, and he fought this 100' Kong it would be unfair, especially since Godzilla breathes fire! So Kong will have to get bigger, so 200' Kong vs 350' Godzilla? My question then becomes how does Kong get off Skull island to fight? Do they tie him down to the top of an aircraft carrier? Doubtful there is a ship with a large enough opening to put him into, not to mention how do you pick him up? You can't assume he just leaves the island on his own since he can't breathe underwater or swim like Godzilla? I mean I guess if there are giant monsters then an giant ship with an opening big enough for a 200' tall and 75'-100' wide Kong can fit in. Thoughts?

10 hours ago, dbunting said:

If Godzilla was 300'+ as referenced earlier, and he fought this 100' Kong it would be unfair, especially since Godzilla breathes fire! So Kong will have to get bigger, so 200' Kong vs 350' Godzilla? My question then becomes how does Kong get off Skull island to fight? Do they tie him down to the top of an aircraft carrier? Doubtful there is a ship with a large enough opening to put him into, not to mention how do you pick him up? You can't assume he just leaves the island on his own since he can't breathe underwater or swim like Godzilla? I mean I guess if there are giant monsters then an giant ship with an opening big enough for a 200' tall and 75'-100' wide Kong can fit in. Thoughts?

I suppose Godzilla could go to Skull Island. Alternatively, the Monarch scientists spent a lot of time talking about their 'hollow Earth' theory, maybe there are some really huge caverns below Skull Island that lead from it to some other landmass.

On 3/21/2017 at 5:49 PM, williamjm said:

I suppose Godzilla could go to Skull Island. Alternatively, the Monarch scientists spent a lot of time talking about their 'hollow Earth' theory, maybe there are some really huge caverns below Skull Island that lead from it to some other landmass.

Yeah, that's a very good point about the hollow Earth theory. I'm sure that'll play a key role in the two meeting. I think we'll see older versions of the young Monarch scientists from the coda scene in this next film, which I think everyone is just assuming will be called Kong v Godzilla. And you know they'll have one meh fight in the film then team up to fight skull crawlers or a swarm of Mothras or whatever. Regardless, if they stay on track with this third film the way they did the other two then it'll be awesome.

Archived