US Politics: Ask Fox News

37 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Not sure if this was mentioned in the last thread, but Snoop did a pretty anti-Trump video or something which prompted Trump to tweet about it, and Bow Wow then tweeted back something pretty nasty about pimping out Melania.  Then this came up on a Fox News show where Kimberly Guilfoyle (sp) was asked what the Secret Service should do in response to which she responded "Kill them.  Kill them."  

This is the world we're in now.  

Fucking hell. Everything about that is unreal. Incredibly moronic comment itself. Watched the Fox thing, and wow...pure ideological delivery system. I think they spent more outrage on how 'the feminists' and 'liberal media' will be unfair about this than on the incident itself. And the one guy went off on a personal rant as though 2 morons make a right-wing victory. Just...wow. I think in my mind I've actually been giving Fox too much credit. 

34 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Just...wow. I think in my mind I've actually been giving Fox too much credit. 

I think in an overall sense, you still should give them more credit than pretty much anytime since their inception. They have never been this critical of a Republican administration. It's really kind of remarkable.

9 hours ago, Triskan said:

Wow, here's that actual clip.  It's worse than it sounded with the intro.  What  the dude doing the intro says is worse than KG's which is is muted and subdued when you see it.   See for yourself, I suppose.  

Well they are right if a white celebrity threatened Obama it would be never forgotten.......oh wait https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy8RIiTyhMI

According to this article, there is some consistency to Trump's approach to being president from the Playboy interview until now.

To understand the thinking of American presidents, historians, contemporaries, and political rivals, have often sought out the texts that most influenced them. George Washington, for example, was known to love Cato: A Tragedy, Joseph Addison’s civics-heavy play about the man who tried and failed to block Caesar’s path to tyranny. ~~~snip~~~

For President Donald Trump, one such Rosetta stone seems to be Norman Vincent Peale’s The Power of Positive Thinking. But another key text is an interview he himself gave to Playboy magazine in 1990, when he was but a mere real-estate mogul and New York institution. The interview, at turns eerie and prophetic, runs through his typically immodest self-assessment and catalogues his political philosophies, while offering a scathing appraisal of America, which he saw (and still sees) as “weak” and “pushed around” by the rest of the world. In the interview, he also unfurls a blueprint for his hypothetical presidency, years before winning the White House.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/03/trump-playboy-merkel/520014/

33 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Sooo, no discussion about the budget? Is it too horrible to debate or do you guys think it's useless to discuss something that is bound to evolve -at least a little bit ?

Part of my job is to know the ins and outs of large portions of the skinny budget, and I am not at all inclined to bring my day job to the board, thankyouverymuch. ;) But, FWIW, a lot of that proposed skinny budget will change -- drastically -- over the coming months because enacting it will shift a ton of funding burden to the states. And many of those programs that will see the funding shift have wide bipartisan voter support, so any lawmaker that wants to keep his/her/their job after the next election will fight it tooth and nail to 1) keep the programs funded and 2) make sure the state isn't saddled with the cost. The eventual budget is still going to cut deeply into federal programs, but not to the extreme degree that we see in the document released on Thursday.

1 hour ago, theguyfromtheVale said:

Oh for fuck's sake... Trump apparently thinks Germany will pay money directly to the US instead of us ramping up our defense spending. I guess he'll be up for a rude awakening.

If we're going to be able to focus on the actual issues instead of misdirection and self-promotion, we need to be a lot better at differentiating between what Trump says because he genuinely believes it, and what he says because it makes him look good to the degenerates.

2 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Part of my job is to know the ins and outs of large portions of the skinny budget, and I am not at all inclined to bring my day job to the board, thankyouverymuch. ;) But, FWIW, a lot of that proposed skinny budget will change -- drastically -- over the coming months because enacting it will shift a ton of funding burden to the states. And many of those programs that will see the funding shift have wide bipartisan voter support, so any lawmaker that wants to keep his/her/their job after the next election will fight it tooth and nail to 1) keep the programs funded and 2) make sure the state isn't saddled with the cost. The eventual budget is still going to cut deeply into federal programs, but not to the extreme degree that we see in the document released on Thursday.

My best guess is still that Republicans won't be able to pull together a bill they can get majority support for without Democrats; and since Democratic priorities are so different from many Republican ones these days it'll mean we end up with either a CR or something very close to it.

Although who knows if Trump would sign such a budget.

I continue to read the 'comments' sections of various political articles.

Because there are so many, and on a range of topics, individual links are too much of a pain, but...

...from those comments, often in a confused way, quite a number of Trump fans seem to be experiencing 'buyers remorse.'  The health care fiasco in particular seems to have rattled some of them.  At the moment, some are trying (and failing) to convince themselves it's Obama's fault or the 'Deep State.'

Anybody else notice this?

Archived