US Politics: Ask Fox News

35 minutes ago, Leap said:

Gowdy seemed almost angry at Comey, to be honest. Raised his voice several times in his questions. 

Sure, he wanted Comey to say, "Fuck yah! We're hunting that weasel down and we will bring his body to you for drawing and quartering".

3 hours ago, denstorebog said:

Jesus, we're back to the subjective interpretation of polls again. While Gallup sees Trump at his lowest ever, Rasmussen sees him continually improving and almost at 50/50. Either there's a ridiculous difference between anonymous responders (Gallup) and people who voted last time (Rasmussen), or we just have to stop looking at polls altogether.

I know its probably not en vogue to look at poll aggregators any more, but according to 538 Trump has about a 43/52 rating. There has been a slight, measurable uptick in his disapproval numbers recently, probably all emanating from healthcare reform.

2 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Better salesman, same snake-oil.

Slightly different snake oil. Pence is for the bread-and-butter conservatism, where women can't have abortions, gays are seen as icky, and we allocate resources to businesses. That's different from Trump's brand of ideology, which is that Trump is the Greatest, he always wins, and brown people are icky. 

2 hours ago, Leap said:

Gowdy seemed almost angry at Comey, to be honest. Raised his voice several times in his questions. 

Gowdy is the worst. He inadvertently leaked a CIA member's name, doesn't give two shits about the FBI leaks that happened during the Hillary email investigation and his committee was a sieve during the Benghazi investigation. I cannot stand him.

1 minute ago, TerraPrime said:

Slightly different snake oil. Pence is for the bread-and-butter conservatism, where women can't have abortions, gays are seen as icky, and we allocate resources to businesses. That's different from Trump's brand of ideology, which is that Trump is the Greatest, he always wins, and brown people are icky. 

At least you can take the Personal Nuclear Holocaust threat off the table though with Pence. I think our position would improve by an order of magnitude under Pence, despite the Religious nonsense.

9 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Better salesman, same snake-oil.

I agree on the snake-oil part. But Trump was able to sell that stuff, while the Pence Dispenser didn't make that sale. And I guess there wouldn't be the same fools Russian around under him. He looks more pro-Nato anti-Russia, than orange dipshit.

Lol, Sean Spicer has just said 45 is ....I don't know what to call it. Trump doubled down on Obama spying on him, then tripled down, then ...quadrupled down?  He's quintupling down, sextupling down?  He was just asked if Trump would now apologize for his comments, and Spicer said Comey said "There is no evidence of surveillance on Trump at the moment".

I don't recall he said 'at the moment'? Did he say 'at the moment'?

And Trump is attacking Comey for refusing to say what his discussions with Obama were, the suggestion being, I think, that Obama himself was the leaker of the Flynn information.

And the disgusting thing is, Spicer than continues on to say every single person involved in investigating Russian contacts have found nothing and it's time to stop talking about it because it's untrue. This after 16 or 17 US security services have said Trump was not 'wiretapped'.

3 minutes ago, Notone said:

I agree on the snake-oil part. But Trump was able to sell that stuff, while the Pence Dispenser didn't make that sale. And I guess there wouldn't be the same fools Russian around under him. He looks more pro-Nato anti-Russia, than orange dipshit.

Pence can sell it too. He recently gave a speech that was better than any speech Trump has ever given in his life. Therefore, I suspect he won't be giving any more speeches for some time to come. :P

I am going to make a BOLD prediction now, after having heard Sean Spicer going on about Obama spying on Trump.

The book WILL NEVER CLOSE ON THE MATTER.

This will be Trump's Neverending Story. As long as he lives, Obama will have spied on him.

As for Prez Orange Thingy doubling down, tripling down, whatever, it's called 'chasing your bets'.  

One keeps losing but keeps betting because 1. a bigger bet could win it all back (possible, but the odds very high) or 2. One keeps playing because one wants to stay in the game. 

I will say that Prez Orange Thingy thinks he's playing for #1, but really #2 is what's really happening. 

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Pence can sell it too. He recently gave a speech that was better than any speech Trump has ever given in his life. Therefore, I suspect he won't be giving any more speeches for some time to come. :P

You know, speaking more eloquently than Trump is a very, very, very, very low bar to step over.

Like seriously, I can't even listen to this guy. My English teacher used to joke about how simple Bush jr. puts his words, but she's likely shaking her head in disbelief listening to the nonsense he sprouts. But I guess that's just the way his base needs their hate-speeches.

27 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

At least you can take the Personal Nuclear Holocaust threat off the table though with Pence. I think our position would improve by an order of magnitude under Pence, despite the Religious nonsense.

This is where I am at as well.  There are many, many, many issues where I vehemently disagree with Pence, but he is not the loose cannon that Trump is.  The tweeter in chief is a daily embarrassment and is setting us back with our allies, setting us back on the environment, setting us back on nuclear weapons policy due to his child-like irresponsible attitude towards nuclear weapons.  I know Pence is really awful on LGBT issues in particular, but as all of us are organic and vaporizeable, I'd rather see the back of the orange maniac and fight those battles as they come.  At least Pence seems capable of behaving like an adult.  

30 minutes ago, TerraPrime said:

Would Pence oust the Bannonites who are actively attempting to implode vast swaths of the US Executive branch (State, EPA, etc)?

If Pence were to only do that, his odious form of conservatism would be a step up and possibly survivable until the midterms or even 2020 when he could be voted out.

He's not a likable character and I think a majority of Americans see through him

Archived