US Politics: Ask Fox News

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You really have to love that @Commodore posts here. It gives us all a little peak into the right wing fever swamp.

Also, it's not surprising at all that the guy who refers to abortions as "chopping up babies" doesn't want to contribute a single cent to help the not chopped up babies once they're born. 

I always have a laugh when conservatives breathlessly encourage people to get their healthcare from private charities. So is that before or after we give ourselves to Our Lord Jesus Christ? Damnit, I just ate meat on Friday. No CAT scan for me!

Its a shame we aren't a parliamentary system. Failure on a bill this big seems like it'd be a good reason to call a snap election.

(Assuming it does fail. I don't want to get ahead of things.)

8 minutes ago, Brendan Moody said:

The latest news from multiple political reporters is that Paul Ryan is going to the White House in person to tell Trump that they absolutely do not have the votes to pass it and ask what Trump wants to do. It's possible that they're actually losing rather than gaining votes at this point, as moderates realize the confirmed nays will block it and they can use the stripping of EHBs as political cover for their own nay votes. A Freedom Caucus member just suggested on Twitter that there may be more unannounced moderate nays than Freedom Caucus nays.

I really didn't think this was going to get blocked, but maybe, just maybe...

I think that Trump is going to want a vote, stupidly, so he can move on to other priorities. Possibly the tax reconciliation, though I don't see how that gets close to being done in time for this FY at this point either.

17 hours ago, Commodore said:

If you want to be covered for something that may be desirable to make happen and that you have direct control over, a premium commensurate with that reality would be relatively high.

And surprise, when you make that benefit mandatory (regardless of whether you personally need/want it), premiums go up. 

I wasn't aware the unborn child had complete control over it's own outcomes.  Thank you for enlightening me.

And again, you're using painfully narrow definitions of 'direct control' here.  Medical issues and complications that arise during pregnancy are not under the direct control of the woman.  And even less so if you take away her healthcare.

Simply repeating yourself and ignoring any counter arguments is not particularly convincing.  It's trolling.

Yeah, I think he demands a vote too, to build his enemies list if nothing else. Ryan might suggest withdrawing the bill altogether, so they can move on to something else for the moment without the humiliation of a defeat, but I don't think that's Trump's style.

Where else but in this stupid ass country could wanting sick people to not die and to not have to have to sell everything they own in order to pay their medical expenses be spun as "socialized medicine"

I find it hard to summon the outrage anymore but I have no sympathy at all for the poor white person on Medicaid who voted for Trump in the infantile belief that he would "make America great again" sorry charlie. 

Archived