Why did Tywin liked Jaime so much?

shardofNarsil

On 3/19/2017 at 1:55 PM, shardofNarsil said:

Tywin wasn't the kind of person who gave his approval easily but still from every POV we can see that Jaime was someone whom  Tywin loved or say prized more than anyone in the world. That's not to say that Jaime being extraordinarily gifted in arms and god-tier handsome was nothing to be proud of ,but I always saw Tywin who valued shrewdness over battle prowess as we can see when he talks of Robert and Jaime does shows a bit hot-headedness time to time ,then why does he loves Jaime exceedingly so as compared to his other children 

Jaime was his first born son with a woman he loved deeply, for all his fault, Tywin was still a human

8 hours ago, snow is the man said:

He refused to sleep with sansa? He stands up for her consistently. And yes he is far from perfect but in truth he helps alot of people. Jaime on the other hand doesn't care about anyone but cersei and sometimes tyrion for the first three books. He treats everyone like garbage....how is he a caring individual. And I am not a tyrion apologists I will say flat out he has done bad things and does alot to help himself.

Is that the best you can come up with?  He refrained from raping his wife..?!

It's a sad indictment of Tyrion's character if that's the most magnanimous action you can point to.  Let me enlighten you: Refraining from raping ones wife is neither a heroic, prosocial nor unusual action.  Let's not praise something that should be normal and expected as common decorum.

Archived